• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 22 of the AOR F1 Leagues on F1 2021!
    They are closing on 6th August, so be sure not to miss out! Head to apexonline.racing to sign up!

GT Sport AOR GTSL S18 CC#4 - Rd.10 | CIRCUIT DE LA SARTHE (1 HOUR) | GR.3 | 22/07/21

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Heres the host of all those websites, there twitter has just said they've fixed it:

Confirmed, I mean I was able to sign in to psn so everyone else should be able to as well... cuz that's totally how things work right?

HRacingGreen

4x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
PSN + others went down due to a DDOS attack to a host server I believe. Beginning of EA play so some 1337 hackers seem to be having some fun.

Fingers crossed for race time.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Right I'm sorry but I'm going to have to drop out of this one, the guests are coming later than I thought and I won't be able to play whilst they're here.
Slightly disappointed as I was looking forward to this one in this car but I'm sure you guys will still have a good race.

As usual the racing has been great this season and thanks to the organisers for making it happen. I should be around for next season so will hopefully see you guys then

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Right I'm sorry but I'm going to have to drop out of this one, the guests are coming later than I thought and I won't be able to play whilst they're here.
Slightly disappointed as I was looking forward to this one in this car but I'm sure you guys will still have a good race.

As usual the racing has been great this season and thanks to the organisers for making it happen. I should be around for next season so will hopefully see you guys then
Always the worst way of winning a championship. In a way, it'd almost be nice for PSN to not allow us to race, but I feel everyone is a bit worn out of racing by now after 10 weeks.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
Always the worst way of winning a championship. In a way, it'd almost be nice for PSN to not allow us to race,
Yeah not the best way for a championship to be decided and I was able to sign-in and had no problems playing GT Sport online 10 minutes ago.

Obviously can only speak for myself though.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
Could SNS maybe recruit a teammate to a 1 race deal to make things interesting?
Hold on let me see if www.rent-a-teammate.com exists.;)

Joking aside sure it would make things interesting for the race but we had the inadvertent issue of 3 teammates back in CC1, when Delaney thought Ash had quit mid-season replaced him, but then Ash came back and the driver that replaced Ash had to have his points for Delaney's team to be taken away, the rule is only 2 drivers per team max. (rightly or wrongly depending on your opinion)

mikmakmok

Formula 4 Test Driver
Hold on let me see if www.rent-a-teammate.com exists.;)

Joking aside sure it would make things interesting for the race but we had the inadvertent issue of 3 teammates back in CC1, when Delaney thought Ash had quit mid-season replaced him, but then Ash came back and the driver that replaced Ash had to have his points for Delaney's team to be taken away, the rule is only 2 drivers per team max. (rightly or wrongly depending on your opinion)
Ah ok. Is it something the mods would consider relaxing for tonight as it is the only thing that was stopping tonight's race from being meaningless.

Wedgybo

Formula 3 Test Driver
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Thanks for a great season folks. Temp results are up!

Jamie9000000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sweating my balls off after that race :p

I could have qualified P2 in this race, but had a certain Battenberg Cake go off at the hairpin and didn't ghost until I was literally passing it, by then I had already gone way off line in avoidance.

I should be happy with P4, it's my best Feature result in a long time (Ever?) But I feel like I threw away a podium that race. Got myself way too many penalties.

Thanks for the season guys!

HRacingGreen

4x AOR GT Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
102 races. 28 victories. 1 win/3.67 races. 61 podiums. 1 podiums/1.67 races. 26 pole positions. 47 fastest laps. 4 Driver's Titles.

If that was my last race here, what a pleasure it was.

Limited practice again, but just had the pace and consistency I knew from FIA here. 1 stop was very competitive, and even if Browneskii qualified, I felt pretty untouchable today. 18s victory over the 1 stoppers and another 10+ back to the rest of the 2-stop field is one of my best performances in a long time.

Not the best season from me overall but actually one I've enjoyed almost as much as any other, the RCZ Gr.4 was dreadful but the Gr.3 is a dream. Will probably end up driving it at Spa again tbh.

Congratulations to @SolidNinjaSnake and @Wobbuffet on the podiums, and to @Browneskiii and @mikmakmok on the Team's Title as well.

The break is very needed, but I've got some hope in me that I'll want to come back, if there's a league to come back to.

Cheers all.

Last edited:

leedamastr

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Qualifying: 6th or 7th

Half a second penalty late in the lap cost me a couple of positions but overall a good lap, got a sub 4 minute without the penalty.

Race: 6th

Engine power was probably the key to my race pace here as the car was a handful in the fast sweepers (Porsche Curves and the start of the lap), meaning whatever straight line advantage I gained was largely wiped out in the corners, but I gained from others mistakes to hold 2nd for most of the first stint, then was managing the gap to @Jamie9000000 @Browneskiii and @mikmakmok. Lap 11 probably cost me P4 after I lost an estimated 6-7 sec with an off in the Porsche Curves, which allowed Browneskii to jump me in the pits, then lap 13 a spin in a kerb cost me P5 to Jamie. I couldn't catch them in time and settled for p6 after a late penalty. Whether the spins and early battling cost me a shot at a possible P3 is debatable, but it's still a strong result for me in a car combo that hasn't been great for me this season.

Ask Jeeves may return for the 2.4 hours event if it goes ahead/should I choose to race ;)

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Long post incoming, sorry! Thanks if anyone reads it but if not, then thanks for the season everyone! (y)

Qualifying & Race - P2 & P2
Didn't do any qualifying runs until earlier in the day and generally took it easy on the night to make sure I didn't get any penalties as they were pretty harsh. I didn't get a penalty but I still messed up the first sector straight away. I ended up a second off my PB earlier in the day and set a 3:59.049 which was good enough to claim one last P2, my favourite starting position it seems haha.

Then I had an absolute nightmare start as I completely messed it up. I should have only lost maybe one or two positions had I got a "normal" start, but I ended up dropping to 6th. Spent the two long straights trying to climb back up and got to P4 before I seriously had to start saving fuel for my one stop. Had a bit of a crap time being passed like the backmarker of the Hakkinen and Schumacher pass at Spa 2000 as the Subarus went through on either side of me. I then spent the rest of the stint watching from afar them two and @Jamie9000000 swapping positions. Started to question if we even had the Strong Penalty setting on as between them they only seemed to be getting 5 tenth penalties which was annoying haha. They all pitted on Lap 6 when someone had a big lag moment and smashed into the pit entry which when looking after the race, turned out to be Jamie. This caused a distraction as I thought they were going to end up swerving back onto the track and I ended up cutting the corner and receiving a 3 second penalty...

Served it at the end of the first long straight which brought a near 7 second gap to @Wedgybo behind to just 3 seconds. I still didn't have enough fuel but took the risk to still go for Lap 8 and had to adjust fuel mixes during the lap before pitting. I had a gap of 5 seconds to @Wobbuffet which closed to about 1.5 seconds by the time we pitted... Rejoined the track in P7 and not much happened from here. Thankfully a bunch two stopped which put me up into P2 while I had RK chasing me down the whole way, but I managed to hold on to finish in P2.

Conclusion and Season Conclusion
A great result and yet I couldn't help but feel negative about the whole thing after. I know I aimed for a podium and got a podium in the end, but I think the way it unfolded wasn't the way I hoped/planned. It just seemed to keep feeling like everything was going wrong I guess. In the end, P2 was the maximum I was going to get as @HRacingGreen looked to have everything covered. A shame it wasn't like the practice session but I guess my terrible start threw that potential away.

Forgot to say it in the last thread but congrats to @Browneskiii on winning the Drivers Championship, as well as again now for winning the Team Championship with @mikmakmok too! (y)
Certainly looked like there was a potential chance for it to swing the other way but unfortunately, the opportunity was gone before it even started. A shame but these things happen. Tbh, a part of me would have felt dodgy if it had swung the other way on the final race with how it was set up points wise etc. In the end it doesn't matter and deserved winners as always, especially after that Laguna Seca round! That was amazing.

As was my whole season, I got lucky to claim P3 in the Drivers Championship. That would have certainly gone to @Hasnain if he had been able to race, although I can't forget that I was only in this position too because of Stevo dropping out. So realistically I'd have only been looking at 5th. Overall, it was a good season though! Wasn't too sure about the Nissan choice, but it turned out to be a decent car in the end. A bit of a pain but proven it was good enough with Hasnain winning a few races in it too. Can't forget I got my first ever Pole Position this season too! No wins but got a few podiums, which again, I can't ignore the fact it was helped by the absence of Stevo.

As for what's next... Well, I wasn't even going to sign up for this season in all honesty. The thing that made me sign up was @Wobbuffet's stats, as I realised I'd get my 100th start haha. Which if I'm correct was the Sprint Round of Lago Maggiore? So I got a decent result for it if that's correct haha. So the plan was to be fully done with the game after this season, which during the season made me feel bad for perhaps not saying anything as others either dropped out or said their intentions of it being their last as well. However... There is perhaps one or two things that might persuade me to stick around/return and perhaps annoyingly, I hear one of those things could be what's next haha. I could have done with it being held later on in the year/early next year but yeah, we'll see if it's true or not. I guess I'll wait and see but in the meantime, as always, thanks for the season everyone and take care. (y)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
My race report:

Qualy - 4th: I didn't have the best start to my lap as after the first 2 sectors I was 8 tenths down/off what I had been doing, but I managed to salvage it and pretty much nailed the rest of it and in the end it was good enough for 4th, though without the poor first couple sectors I would've had a front row start.

Race - 3rd: Sort of felt like I was mugged off the line as I lost a few positions before even reaching T1 but things settled down by the time I reached the Mulsanne, I then gained a couple places back by the end of the mulsanne but as I decided to try a ballsy one stopper by the end of lap 1 I knew I was always going to lose time to those ahead.

I was just able to stay ahead of Bl99dy for the next few laps but then Wedgy got ahead of Bl99dy, and then on lap 6 Wedgy got ahead of me on the mulsanne but I was able to stay close within range of him by the time he pitted end of lap 7.

As I started lap 8 it was clear at that stage that SNS was doing the 1 stop as well, he was over 5 seconds ahead of me but as I had saved well it allowed me to push a bit harder and I managed to bring the gap down to 1.5 as we pitted.

After my stop I lost a little bit of time to SNS as he fueled less then me, but over the remaining laps it got pretty frustrating as I could get the gap down to 1.5 on occasions then I would get a little bit of dirty air in the final sector and it would undo my good work, I then went a bit wide exiting the last corner and the gap went upto 3 seconds with 2 laps to go but I gained a second back and on the final lap I went for it and got within a second of SNS by the finish, in the end though my strategy paid off overall as I finished 3rd.

Looking back at that race it was one of those were its easy to think if I had a bit more luck or no mistakes I could've finished 2nd in this instance, but this race length & track combo meant that no one was going to have a flawless race it was just about making as few errors as possible.

Anyway congrats to HRG on the win his pace was to fast & consistent on the night and well done to SNS on his podium, lastly congrats to Browneskii & MMM on winning the teams.