AOR GTSL Season 12 Gr.X Cup | Rd 1| Lago Maggiore West | 28th May | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GTSL Season 12 Gr.X Cup | Rd 1| Lago Maggiore West | 28th May

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Should be very interesting to see how tonight goes, personally I'm intrigued to see the slightly changed format plays out.

Though it might lead to making the sprint races this season even more chaotic then they were before, I hope your prepared Jack.:LOL:
We might all be too scared to really try anything

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Triple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Should be very interesting to see how tonight goes, personally I'm intrigued to see the slightly changed format plays out.

Though it might lead to making the sprint races this season even more chaotic then they were before, I hope your prepared Jack.:LOL:
Doing some last minute final prep but I'm ready

Reactions: Delaney

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Got a bit lucky in those races with other incidents but results were better than I expected, well done to the winners and podium finishers.

Also apologies for not being in party chat (in case I was needed), my PS4 has issues when I play with a headset on (I've tried 2 different ones) but seems to be fine playing through the TV speakers

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
Well if that wasn't the biggest clusterf*ck start to a season I've ever had... nothing is.

Managed to balls up a P4 and P2 and killed @Wobbuffet in the process.

I am a f*cking legend.

Caaalyy

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 10, 2020
Race report
Did enough practice for this one, but got me new raceseat yesterday, so needed to get used to it and feel comfortable.

Quali
P11. Hmm.. not really happy with it, but when I saw the results, a few hundreds of a second could give me a better position. The grid is really competitive. It soften my pain, but I had some work to do in the race.

Feature
After a messy start in T1 and T2, I drove into T3 in P7 after some collisions. But I was absolutely not comfortable, because of the quick grid. Constantly pressure from behind and keeping up with the guys in front of me was a huge challenge. But like last seasons first race, I made a stupid mistake in T2 (lap 5 if I remember correctly) by shifting in the wrong gear. I spun out and that result by driving 12 seconds behind P13. Race was over at that point.
I tried in my first pitstop the undercut, that worked out good. It gave me P13, but made a small error again, so I had to fight for P13 again with @RaceMechNick. After one lap I regained that position, what also be my final position.

Sprint
Because of the bad result, I started P2 in the sprint race. After first turns, a small gap was created behind me, so I could focus myself for P1.
In lap2 T2 I collided with @RaceMechNick. I don’t it was my mistake, because I followed my racing line. I think you had some oversteer, but sorry if it was my mistake.
@Wedgybo almost profited from that, but hugged the sausage kerb pretty hard, so I took the P1, with a decent gap behind me.
@HRacingGreen put the pressure on me from behind, so I didn’t want to fight to much, because I would be happy if I could manage to finish P2.
I pitted in lap 7, when exiting I saw @Wobbuffet flying by me into T1. I thought it was my mistake (because when exiting the game throws you at the middle of the track), but he had a collision with @Bankai_Bullett. Bad for them, but lucky for me. I had one lap fresher tyres and there was a good gap behind me, with 5 laps to go.
I pushed the last laps pretty hard, but @Ashracer2011 pushed harder. I saw him gaining on me in my mirrors. I felt the pressure for the last two laps, but I managed to keep my position to the finish line: P2!!! I was really close last season in Catalunya, but finally I have my first podium! Happy with that one.
Still there is some work to do: this grid is so close, so details will make the difference this seasons league. See ya guys in two weeks.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Obviously pretty frustrating at what happened in the sprint, but I think its important to clear up what happened at the start of the feature race to @Ashracer2011 & @SolidNinjaSnake from my perspective at least:

My live perspective

Replay showing Bankai's

Unfortunately this was a lag incident, obviously I felt bad & sorry for what happened to Ash & SNS as a result, but at the time it looked to me I got hit in the rear and I wasn't at fault.

Though I will add I'm a tad disappointed that some people thought after the race, that I had simply rammed into 2 drivers and then carry on without a care in the world, I mean I raced with some of you guys ranging from 18 months to nearly 4 years and you should fully know by now I sure as hell don't do shít like that.

Anyway I'm sure everyone elses replay will potentially tell a slightly different story of what happened, to Bankai it probably looked like I drove into them ahead as for others it'll be a mix I guess, still while I know it ain't much consolation to Ash & SNS, I hope this at least clears up any misunderstanding.

• Informative

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
You lagged on my screen... I said so after the race and after you said you got punted, which didn't happen on my screen.
I know but, when you have people seeming to put disbelieving comments about my version of events it is annoying, I wouldn't lie about something like that above, the thing was though when I raced against you at times in the rest of the feature, I didn't see you lag at all after that.

HRacingGreen

GT: Sport League S12 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Well, that was as intense and concentration-laden as I expected.

Quali - P1: Pole off my first flying lap, frustrating tbh as I had so much left to give but just couldn't get it together. The group party was very distracting, something I had struggled with in ILC and last season as well, and while I enjoy the social atmosphere, god I wish we'd all shut up in quali.

R1 - P3: A good start (seeing lots of 2nd gear starts, my 1st gear start seemed to work better) meant I avoided the carnage at T1&2 and broke away with @Hasnain early on. @Wobbuffet was a little way behind thanks to the kerfuffle at T1, and @Ashracer2011 was way out, so initially I thought it was between Hasnain and myself only. I saw Wob pit on L9 with 51% (?!) fuel remaining, and I then knew that he was going to be playing a part in the race. Opening stint pace was decent, altho I wasn't really fuel saving so that might explain it. Pitted L10 and went for 11 laps of fuel, while Hasnain did an extra lap. This long stop got me jumped by Hasnain's overcut and Wob's double fuel stint, and I sat in 3rd for a little while, but Hasnain and I were catching him. Hasnain made an error at the final corner though and I passed him, around 5 or 6 laps before my stop. Pitting L21 meant I had to do 12 laps on the final stint, which seemed reasonable, but I was pushing so hard in the start of the stint they really died at the end. Hasnain's extra few laps on his stint meant he pulled 3 seconds or so on me, and he caught Wob faster than I was. When I saw Wob pit with a few laps to go I was surprised, and hoped I could capitalise. Unfortunately my tyres were just too worn, and I was a couple tenths outside the slipstream as he came out the pits, so it wasnt to be, despite the hard battling he and Hasnain were doing. Slowly dropped back and ended up a slightly distant 3rd.

Tbh, I should have practiced the strategy more to give myself a better chance at competing as my Hard tyre pace wasn't quite up to scratch, which was something I had feared was the case. Either way, a podium was a good way to begin the championship, and huge commendations to @Hasnain and @Wobbuffet, each of whom drove better races than me both on pace and strategy.

R2 - P1: The P3 in R1 meant that I had the advantage in terms of starting position vs the other podium sitters. I got a good start and immediately profited from @BL99DY-NINE 's spectacular commitment into T1 meant I could grab two spots straight away. I generally avoided the carnage from then on, save for a hairy moment going full Nelson Piquet as I passed @jutngo at full opposite lock into T1. Once I reached P2 I caught @Caaalyy and pitted before I got too caught behind him, and managed to undercut with a quick pitstop, that got me out right in front of Wobbie, much to my relief. When Caaalyy pitted I had managed to pull enough on my outlap to avoid @Bankai_Bullett 's brainfade moment, and from then on I could run away. Eventually ended up 5 seconds or so clear, and very pleased to get the win.

Overall, I'm happy with my points haul, but not really my performance. I said in the party that to take it all the way in this season and in the future, I need to get much better at strategy and race management. Sprint Races alone won't be enough, as last season proved, and I doubt I'll consistently be able to get Feature podiums with strategy blunders like that, but I am pleased to leave the opening round with the championship lead (I think), although we saw how that ended up when I led after Round 1 last season. I also have to think of the teams champs going forward too, something I haven't done in quite some time haha, and hopefully Bankai can put his demons to rest and we'll really make a challenge for it.

Finally, congrats to @Hasnain, @Wobbuffet, @Ashracer2011, and especially first-time podium finisher @Caaalyy for their results this week. Everyone drove fantastically in their own respect. ILC beckons next week, so I'll see you all for some wall-rubbing action in Tokyo in 2 weeks ;)

Last edited:

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
I got a good start and immediately profited from @BL99DY-NINE 's spectacular commitment into T1
Commitment is a word, sure… so is completelymisjudgingspeedbrakingtoolateandnearlypuntingashintonarnia. Commitment is much more succinct however.

Last edited:
  • Winner

RaceMechNick

Pro Karter
May 25, 2020
Well :)
To keep my report short..
Since this was my first event here and also my first one which does not use Match making it was hard to tell for me where i would end up. Being around 0.8 seconds away from the next better car in qualy was a bit much :confused:.
But nevermind just brings some motivation to be more competitive in the next event. Still I had fun :) and thats whats most important.
Maybe my Macau themed livery helps me a bit on a street circuit :unsure:.
@Caaalyy dont worry. As you mentioned by yourself I got some oversteer there.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Temporary Results and Standings are up - We'll be waiting for the final decisions from the Stewards

leedamastr

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Short race report: It was an ok start before becoming a s**tshow on and off track. Was in 4th or 5th at one point but got killed at T1 and then a random penalty screwed me. Annoying as I was on a solid pace in the second stint until my DNF. I pulled out of sprint race due to feeling a bit drained after retiring in feature race due to stomach pains in the second stint. Those who were in the party know how it ends...

Will be back for ILC practice at weekend but hoping this issue buggers off. Could just be a small bug (I hope).

And no, it's not COVID-19

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Short race report: It was an ok start before becoming a s**tshow on and off track. Was in 4th or 5th at one point but got killed at T1 and then a random penalty screwed me. Annoying as I was on a solid pace in the second stint until my DNF. I pulled out of sprint race due to feeling a bit drained after retiring in feature race due to stomach pains in the second stint. Those who were in the party know how it ends...

Will be back for ILC practice at weekend but hoping this issue buggers off. Could just be a small bug (I hope).

And no, it's not COVID-19
And now We know that DNF stands for "Do Not Fart":sick:

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Race Report:

Q11th.
Not quite satisfying, as I knew I had pace to do better. But somehow all the confusion before We got underway got to me and I couldn't concentrate properly.

FR 9th.
I was surprised that I could hang on and actually challenge people. Also I was surprised that I didn't make any of my usual brain farts. I had some good battles with @jutngo, @Wedgybo , @Miguel12358 and @Caaalyy. For a long period In the second stint, I hung on to @Ashracer2011 and @SolidNinjaSnake, but in the end they pulled away, when Ash got past the Snake. Last stint was just a matter of keeping it on the black stuff.

SR 10th.
The sprint race was so intense I can't remember who, where, and when. I think I hung on sort of OK, but still I lost a lot of places. I did get past most of the people in front of me, but then it started going backwards. It was so intense that I nearly forgot to pit. When I did, I had lost a lot of places. I did have a good little battle with Jutngo on those last couple of laps. My tires was clearly better than his, but I couldn't get past in the end.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Thanks for letting me race last night! Hopefully I'll be back for the next round. I just wish I had signed up sooner now so it was guaranteed! Haha.

It's a shame what happened at the start of the Feature Race as I had such a good start off the line! Going from P6 to P3 by T1. After the incident, I then spent the rest of the race fighting through the field with @Ashracer2011 as we battled with each other too now and then. I think I spent the majority of my race in between Ash and @Delaney actually. I only just jumped Ash at the first pitstop (I pitted on Lap 11) with an undercut as we went side by side through T1, but I'd later lose the position on Lap 18. Didn't have the same fortune at the next pitstop as we both pitted on Lap 22. We caught up to 5th by the final lap with Ash passing them right at the line, whereas I was about a second behind and had to settle for 7th. Without the incident at the start, I think I could have got 5th.

Not much to say about the Sprint Race, still hectic as ever haha. Received a few bumps which cost me places as I was nudged off line which compromised some corners. Also didn't help that I messed up T1 early on which lost me positions too. I feel like I should have got a podium but I dunno. In the end, I got 5th.

leedamastr

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 10, 2015
And now We know that DNF stands for "Do Not Fart":sick:
This entire situation from last night reminds me of a clip from Austin Powers where Fat B***ard analyses a fart after a sumo wrestling match. Let's just say this entire incident won't be forgotten easily and likely to haunt me for the rest of my AOR career :LOL:

In all seriousness I did mention before the start of the race that something wasn't right and that I had a likelihood of having to retire mid-race. In hindsight I probably should have just not raced not knowing if I was going to finish or not. I also apologise if anyone was A. traumatised and B. distracted due to laughter or being put off. I obviously got too carried away by the whole situation and will refrain from doing that again.

Wedgybo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hope you're feeling better today mate. Gave me a good chuckle but gutted you had to retire.

• Agree