AOR GTSL Season 12 Gr.X Cup | Rd 3| Dragon Trail - Seaside |18th June | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR GTSL Season 12 Gr.X Cup | Rd 3| Dragon Trail - Seaside |18th June

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
S12_RaceInfo_R3.jpg

Main Discussion || Sign Up || Team and Livery || Time Trial || League Information || Results and Standings || Calendar || Rules and Regulations || Stewards Panel

Notices:
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

● Gran Turismo Sport features an in-game penalty system that allows the driver to serve any penalties acquired at their leisure. Predictably, this can cause problems, chief among them is the gaggle of cars at the end of races slamming on the brakes in a desperate attempt to scrub off any penalties they might have. In an effort to promote clean and fair racing we at AOR GT Sport League ask all drivers to practice the following procedure:
Time penalties awarded by the game should be served as soon as possible within the next lap. If the penalty is not served within this time you will have the initial penalty + 1 second per sector until the penalty is served added to your overall race time. As always serving a penalty needs to be done safely, away from the racing line, without blocking and/ or endangering others. If a penalty is acquired during the last lap and is not able to be served before exiting the final corner, it may NOT be served before the finish line.
Failure to follow this procedure may result in action taken by the Stewards Panel.

● As for contact penalties you are allowed to ignore the penalty provided the contact did not result in an off-track excursion for any of the parties involved. If another driver does has an off-track excursion as a result of your actions you are still obliged to give up any position gained as a result of said contact.

● Also if you pick up a penalty for track limit violations whilst you have a pre-existing contact penalty you only need to serve the track limit penalty in the usual time frame (within the next lap).

● If you have any queries please contact a co-ordinator or log it in the stewards panel.
@BL99DY-NINE @Delaney @GKRT_PinkiiBoii @Hasnain

A reminder of the rules can be found here.

Startlist:
  1. @Delaney - Race host (room open 6.45 pm BST)
  2. @Meg1s
  3. @Caaalyy (15pp)
  4. @HRacingGreen
  5. @Wedgybo
  6. @Wobbuffet (5pp)
  7. @jutngo
  8. @Ashracer2011 (2W)
  9. @Hasnain
  10. @Bankai_Bullett (15pp)
  11. @BL99DY-NINE
  12. @Miguel12358
  13. @leedamastr
  14. @SolidNinjaSnake
  15. @GKRT_PinkiiBoii - Race Commentator
Reserves:

Informed No-Show

Uninformed No-Show

Resigned

A live stream of the race can be found on the official AOR Youtube channel.

Preliminary Results
Qualifying
S12_Q_RD3.jpg

Feature
S12_F_RD3.jpg

Sprint
S12_S_RD3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HRacingGreen

GT: Sport League S12 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
This track is so hard to get a lap together in these cars vs the GT3s, which has been the case all season but its even worse than normal here. Still love the track but there's acres of time to find in the lap. A good Hard pace should be high 36 or low 37 I'm thinking atm but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Actually a suggestion I strongly want to put forward to @Delaney and the co-ords for this round, is to put ghosting on 'weak', my reason is pretty simple - 'the death chicane'.

We all know how easy it can be to get it wrong there and I like to think I'm not the only one that sees the potential of a massive pile up happening because ghosting isn't on, I know ghosting is something that the co-ords don't want to have on due to the possibility that a car could ghost and someone could drive through and overtake them unfairly, but surely the pros outweigh the cons for this occasion.

As worst case scenario come Thursday night should one of the front drivers in either race get the death chicane wrong in the first couple laps and they end up inadvertently blocking the road, there would be without doubt the massive risk of a minimum 5+ car pile up with plenty of damaged cars and frustrated drivers in the aftermath, its why I would like to see the possibility of this nullified or at least the chances severely reduced.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Actually a suggestion I strongly want to put forward to @Delaney and the co-ords for this round, is to put ghosting on 'weak', my reason is pretty simple - 'the death chicane'.

We all know how easy it can be to get it wrong there and I like to think I'm not the only one that sees the potential of a massive pile up happening because ghosting isn't on, I know ghosting is something that the co-ords don't want to have on due to the possibility that a car could ghost and someone could drive through and overtake them unfairly, but surely the pros outweigh the cons for this occasion.

As worst case scenario come Thursday night should one of the front drivers in either race get the death chicane wrong in the first couple laps and they end up inadvertently blocking the road, there would be without doubt the massive risk of a minimum 5+ car pile up with plenty of damaged cars and frustrated drivers in the aftermath, its why I would like to see the possibility of this nullified or at least the chances severely reduced.
We have given this a bit of thought and also discussed it a bit in Free Practise room Yesterday. Problem is that You might open it for those right after the unlucky one to get through, but then suddenly ghosting stop's and You have no way of avoiding the accident anyway. That would in our opinion be even more unfair. We can only encourage those in front not to gamble too much. It can be done, We've done it before, so We'll leave it as it is.

We have of cause a Free Practise room open tonight from 7-ish (UK-time)

• Informative
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wedgybo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2020
Not sure if it helps, but some of the chat last night in FP was to hit the pause button if you do stack it hard and you're being followed. This could potentially save the people behind until it's safe to rejoin.

Reactions: Delaney

RaceMechNick

Pro Karter
May 25, 2020
Hello guys!
Also here I have to skip this round since my pedal box ceased service during practice and I will not be able to have that fixed in time. Also as a back marker I dont want to be an even more risky moving chicane by using a gamepad.
Hopefully I will be back for the final round

leedamastr

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 10, 2015
If anyone is wondering why I retired from the feature race and left the lobby, see below. I could not for the life of me continue under such circumstances without the risk of further lag spikes, but a few minutes after I retired the lag disappeared! It's a shame as it was fine in qualifying...

Purely retired to avoid lag returning and to not ruin anyone's races by having a desynced car etc.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 4, 2015
First Benetton 1-2 podium lockout all but set... and I screw it up. Go figure.

Then I screw up in the Sprint and lose valuable points. GO. FIGURE.

Ugh!

Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
First Benetton 1-2 podium lockout all but set... and I screw it up. Go figure.

Then I screw up in the Sprint and lose valuable points. GO. FIGURE.

Ugh!
Sprint race was on me, sorry 100% my bad. You were actually in front, when I turned in on You. I let Ash through and I shouldn’t have. That was why I was slow. I should have waited til after the chicane.

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Not the greatest results this week, feature = steering wheel issues feedback dropping in and out making it hard to judge the cars behaviour, seemed to be intermittent at times, I want to buy a new wheel but the PS5 isn't far away so I expect to see some new wheels out for that...

This week was generally more positive with racing people, everyone deserves a pat on the back for being a bit more sensible for the most part, the sprint had one or two 'Vorsprung Durch DIVEBOMB!' with Bankai when I was behind Miguel, I had to avoid taking a line I'd of preferred as I saw a car coming at a high rate of knots on my inside.

Miguel seemed to be driving the wheels of the widest BMW i've seen since being on the motorway the other day when I passed one sat in the middle lane with know one else on the inside lanes for miles. :D Eventually got past after a few laps of trying to make something stick on Miguel, then set after recatching the Bullet train which didn't take too long , all of a sudden on lap 7 the train derailed and went straight on at the last turn! :eek: so I gladly passed through without to much trouble.

Not the results Bad Boy Racing would like to see, qualifying was a bit dismol, I was purple after blitzing sector 1 with a 32.6. and a very good sector 2, but messed the chicane of death up after getting distracted and lost all my time:poop: I don't think though race pace wise today was the day, possible 2nd if I'd not had my wheel issues and subsequent offing in S1 and then having to pause to reset due to this.

Better luck next time I guess.

Congrats to the Winners @HRacingGreen @leedamastr, and to all the podium guys, Wobbie, Wedgy, Hasnain & Snake.

Last edited:

Caaalyy

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 10, 2020
If anyone is wondering why I retired from the feature race and left the lobby, see below. I could not for the life of me continue under such circumstances without the risk of further lag spikes, but a few minutes after I retired the lag disappeared! It's a shame as it was fine in qualifying...

Purely retired to avoid lag returning and to not ruin anyone's races by having a desynced car etc.

You saved me actually. Got hit from behind, used your car to not hit the barriers. After that you left the session, so it was just in time :D
But too bad man, it helped you in the sprint though

HRacingGreen

GT: Sport League S12 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
This track has generally been kind to me, and it sort of stayed true to that this time as well.

Q - P1: In every practice session I'd done I knew the first lap would be my fastest. It was the only one where I wasn't looking for anything and was the most relaxed, and I had learned early-on in the week that sitting back and letting the car and time come to me via accuracy and patience over trying too hard. The lap itself was okay, had a PB of a 36.5 in the week nut a 36.7 was more than enough for pole. Got the pressure of trying to maintain a 100% qualifying record next time out :ROFLMAO:

FR - P1: Got a pretty mediocre start and immediately had to defend from @Hasnain into T1. Made a decent job of that for the first lap and immediately identified I had a few advantages over the course of the circuit, most notably at the Chicane o' Death, where my technique of always using 6th was really paying off. Further to my earlier point, I knew that being cautious and smooth was the way to get the most out of the car, and so that lent itself to a 1-stop strategy. I had tested 3 different options and found the 1-stop was the fastest, despite a variation on the 2-stop running it pretty close. I opted for the conservative, fuel-saving option and it worked perfectly tbh. I had great pace with the fuel-saving and could gap the cars behind quite well, which allowed me to relax as I knew I had leeway in my strategy and had a cushion in case of mistakes. Thankfully those mistakes didn't come and I pitted on L13 from a comfortable lead and never really felt under-threat. My team-mate @Bankai_Bullett had been planning to follow my 2-stop variation, but some good fuel numbers in the 1st stint led him to copy my 1-stop and it worked beautifully. Despite a small error dashing our hopes of a 1-2, he still drove a cracking race and helped us out in our quest for the Team's title.

SR - P10: Ugh. Starting last, halfway round the final corner is just wonderful. I was too cautious in the first few laps and just couldn't make a move stick on anyone. Once I started to make progress I just always found myself caught behind cars who would INSIST on going 2-wide at every possible moment, costing themselves and others massive amounts of time. This just left me looking for any space possible on the track, while getting my own fair share of argy-bargy from the cars around me. P5 or 6 was possible but making my own mistakes with a couple of laps to go cost me dear, and couldn't make anything up in the remaining time. A last lap dive on the Ace Motorsport cars was to no avail.

GGs as well to @SolidNinjaSnake, @Hasnain, @leedamastr, @Wedgybo and @Wobbuffet on the respective podiums in each race. Some fine drives on display.

Overall, really happy to get another Feature Race win, and while the Sprint was frustrating it was more points, which is what matters. Anything can happen in the final round, but I'm really pleased to be in control of my own fate heading into Bathurst in 2 weeks. However, before that, there's a little detour to the final round of ILC. I've got high hopes for the coming weeks.

leedamastr

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 10, 2015
You saved me actually. Got hit from behind, used your car to not hit the barriers. After that you left the session, so it was just in time :D
But too bad man, it helped you in the sprint though
I just want to make it clear that I retired purely for the clusterf**k of lag the game gave me and on the side of caution and not to take advantage of sprint race pole. While the win was nice, I feel the lag event ruined the opportunity of having enjoyable battles in both races so it felt very hollow.

Still cheesed me off that a few minutes later the lag went away, but I did a few connection tests and things weren't perfect for 10-15 minutes after I left the lobby. A reset or 2 did help in the end.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Might as well do my race report now as this was a night to forget and needs to be erased from my memory banks asap.:LOL:

Qualy - 9th: Not much to be said here simply I messed up qualy, my optimal did show a 1:36.9 in the session yet I somehow managed to only just do a 1:37.

Feature - 13th: Had a pretty good start and made up a couple places and things seemed to be going reasonably well in the opening stages and I was upto 5th by lap 4. I was pretty content to hold station following Ash & Bankai but on lap 8 my race unravelled.

Through the multiple esses I noticed Bankai ahead had to slow down a tad more then normal and it looked like I was shaped up for a good run on him, however I underestimated the dirty air exiting the esse's and just went a bit too wide, I nearly managed to save it but around I went (twice).

Obviously I knew any chances of trying to be in the hunt for the win were gone and it became a salvage job at that point, I quickly got back into the swing of things however and with the way things played out towards the end I was somehow in the hunt for 2nd still, but after Hasnain got pass me for 3rd I got the death chicane badly wrong and picked up a ton of damage and since I was desperate for a **** at this point, I decided to make 2 pitstops in 1 instance.

When I got back and out on the track I was last (13th) which I expected to be honest but clearly the pitstop worked as I stole the FL at the end of the race, at least I got something for my troubles for that race.

Sprint - 3rd: It was quite strange to be starting that far forward for the Sprint but even so it didn't exactly go to plan, I had a good run on Lee heading into T1 and I looked to make a move down the inside, we broke pretty much the same time and as we took the corner I had my nose alongside his rear but he took the racing line like normal and that sent me into the barrier.

Which then caused a car behind me to hit me in the rear and again with damage to front and rear for the whole of S1 I somehow only dropped to 5th, the next few laps I had a good hard fair battle with Miguel & Meg1s and got pass them by lap 4, but this left me 5 secs behind Lee and 3 behind Wedgy.

I slowly but surely started to close the pair of them down and by lap 7 I was in striking distance of Wedgy, it took a lap and a bit to get ahead of Wedgy I made a move stick at the last corner and that left Lee ahead by just over a second with a lap to go.

I managed to half the gap heading into the death chicane and decided the only chance I had of making a move at the last corner was by going gung ho, and I just got it slightly wrong and as a result it cost me 2nd and nearly even 3rd, so I had to settle for podium and the FL as well.

(Just to further touch on T1 at the start in the sprint, I looked at my footage and its one of those things if I look at it objectively, Lee had a good chuck of his car ahead of mine as we turned in for the corner, I would have hope to be given a little bit of room but I can understand why he closed the door to be fair as he probably assumed he was just clear.)

But to sum up the night though a disaster would be quite apt I think, also despite the T1 at the sprint I did enjoy that race, and the thing is however I know I can chalk this up as a very rare off night for me but for a different reason, my performance itself wasn't bad as the pace was clearly there I just made several big costly mistakes over the course of the night (qualy, feature & sprint), I very rarely make 1 let alone as many as I did tonight so yeah one of those things I guess.

Anyway congrats to HRG & Lee on there respective wins and to Hasnain, SNS & Wedgy on there podiums, as for me I hope to finish the season in some style at least in a couple weeks time at Mount Panorama.

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Still cheesed me off that a few minutes later the lag went away, but I did a few connection tests and things weren't perfect for 10-15 minutes after I left the lobby. A reset or 2 did help in the end.
lol yeah I know that feeling starting to think resetting my connection is like playing the lottery these days, I quite frankly don't know any more how my connection will behave I mean it went from one extreme to the other tonight, thankfully for the best in this instance.

I did my router reset before coming on this time, numbers look good and normal but after getting lagged checked I get told I'm lagging the worst I ever have, so I do another quick router reset with low expectations and low and behold I don't have any lag issues for the rest of the night.o_O (well I'm assuming that's the case as I got the all clear and no one sid anything after either race)

It just makes me laugh now, I must just have one of the most temperamental connections known to man.

However, before that, there's a little detour to the final round of ILC.
Hopefully I'll get the chance to take part in that.;)

leedamastr

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 10, 2015
lol yeah I know that feeling starting to think resetting my connection is like playing the lottery these days, I quite frankly don't know any more how my connection will behave I mean it went from one extreme to the other tonight, thankfully for the best in this instance.

I did my router reset before coming on this time, numbers look good and normal but after getting lagged checked I get told I'm lagging the worst I ever have, so I do another quick router reset with low expectations and low and behold I don't have any lag issues for the rest of the night.o_O (well I'm assuming that's the case as I got the all clear and no one sid anything after either race)

It just makes me laugh now, I must just have one of the most temperamental connections known to man.
I'm currently running on a mobile hotspot (unlimited data thankfully) that is mostly stable, but as it's mobile data the signal can be very tempermental. Sometimes it's the PS4 or the game playing up, other times it's the phone randomly jumping between weaker and stronger signals, which I think happened around 8:15-8:30 as the download and uploads were abysmal for a short period for 4G+/ 4G LTE connections (standard 4G in my area gets 10mbps or less, 4G+ gets like 50mbps at very quiet periods and it's usually on that signal band, no 5G yet). I think there is a way to lock the phone into 4G only, but the last time I did that it just decided to not let me make or receive phone calls - not good during the current circumstances (especially work lol).

Long story short, it will fluctuate, not a lot I can do to prevent that right now. I also have a second feeling it was the game acting up as before qualifying I had to reboot the lobby due to lag spikes that were not there a minute before a lobby reset, but didn't reset console or game. I did however reset the hotspot connection but the issue obviously returned at race start where we really only advanced 1 session, and there was a weird online save failure. In-between feature and Sprint I did turn both PS4 and mobile off completely which seemed to rectify it. In hindsight, probably should have done that first...

Didn't help that the weather has been crap for days here so that may have been a factor too, was raining really bad at 6-7pm but didn't check before race start.

Wedgybo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2020
Fun night guys!

Quali - 11th

Bit disappointed with my result here. Definitely didn't do my best after quite a bit of practice. Just seem to struggle to find that last 1s to the top tier in this car. Felt like I should have been more in the middle but a few mistakes meant it wasn't to be.

Feature - 11th

The feature started off pretty well. Was settling in the mid pack with @Caaalyy and @BL99DY-NINE. Could catch them in S1 but would lose time in S2/S3 by making silly errors. Then the inevitable happened. Speared the wall of death on L8 and that was the planned race done.

Pitted early as the damage meant a poor exit on the start finish straight. Fuel saved to go longer on the middle stint hoping to get some fresh tyres and a light car to attack at the end. The new plan was kinda working out. A bit of racing with @Miguel12358 was fun and clean. Then it happened again. Same mistake dropping me near to the back. Then I had an off at T4/5? when even with a slight lift I was catapulted to teh moon clipping the curb.

Basically I should have been last on merit for my horrid consistency. If it wasn't for @Wobbuffet having a bad day at the office, @leedamastr unfortunately having to drop out, and I think @Miguel12358 forming as strong a bond with the wall as I had. I would have been. Got lucky to come away with 11th.

Sprint - 2nd

Starting in 4th with @leedamastr and @Wobbuffet up front I was expecting them to rocket away into the distance. Bit of contact up front on the first corner led to promotion to 3rd. Knew if I was going to have any chance of staying near the front I'd have to clear @Miguel12358 quickly, which is what happened at the following hairpin. Then it was just trying to keep up with Lee. First few laps were a bit scruffy and he started to pull a small gap. Wish I'd done practice on the Ms now as by lap 5 I was starting to get in the rhythm. @leedamastr I'm sure was just managing the gap just trying not to put it in the wall unnecessarily but I begun to close in.

@Miguel12358 had done a great job at defending and keeping the majority of the pack behind him, but now @Wobbuffet was free and gaining. By lap 7 the tyres were shot and my lack of practice on that tyre and wear meant I was going to deep into corners which by L8 meant I lost 2nd on the final corner after not defending the inside well enough. Left the smallest of gaps open and @Wobbuffet capitalised.

Final lap @Wobbuffet went full send through the death chicane to try and give him the speed to fight for the win. Didn't pay off unfortunately and gifted me back P2.

Congrats to @HRacingGreen and @leedamastr in particular for your first win! Well done to the rest of the podium too!

Was chuffed with the result overall. Really need to work on getting decent results in these feature races. But I suppose when you drop out for most of them when am I meant to practice :p

Finally. @Wobbuffet Take him to the stewards. Gift me P1 too :LOL:

Caaalyy

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 10, 2020
RACE REPORT
Quali
I was a bit suprised with P5, didn’t have that much practice. But point will be given in the race.

Feature
Had a decent start, but I saw @SolidNinjaSnake were flying next to me. Even @Wobbuffet passed me, so I dropped a few places into the chicane. In T5 (?) I got hit from behind, but @leedamastr saved me from the barriers. After that he left the session, because of connection issues, unfortunately for him. It saved my race from that point though.

I formed a group with @BL99DY-NINE and my teammate @Wedgybo for the most of my first stint. Couldn’t really gain a gap, so felt the pressure slightly, but could manage it. Unfortunately I died at the chicane for the first time, so I lost a place. Went to the pits immediately.

In my second stint I had @Meg1s behind me, fighting for P10. I made a small gap, but wasn’t consistently enough to drive away. Lap 13 he made his first attempt to overtake me in the last corner, but my switcheroo worked out well, so still in front of him. However in lap 15 he did his 2nd attempt in, after he had a better run at the start/finish, where I got the job done.

Stupid me, I was in the barriers again at the Death Chicane for the second time in lap 17, which cost me a lot of time. Dropped two places again.

Pitted for the last time in lap 20. Had @Ashracer2011 in my tail and he closed the gap in 5 laps. He overtook me after the S’s. P9 for me at that moment. Unfortunately @Delaney had a big hug at the Chicane O’Death, so I moved up a place. Finished in P8.

Sprint
Starting from 7th position. Overtook @Delaney in lap 2 in the downhill hairpin, but @Ashracer2011 was still behind me. So I had to watch my back. @Miguel12358 was my next target, who didn’t make it easy for me. Good defending by him. Had a better run out of the last corner, so I could overtake him in lap 4.

A bit surprised that I had a gap behind me, so I could focus myself at my laptimes and maybe race for P4.

I slighty catched @Meg1s and in the last lap @Wobbuffet had a hug with the barriers, but I couldn’t taking advantage from it. Finished in P5

Overall a decent feeling after this round, could’ve been better. Luckily nobody died because of me, like last week. Happy I had good racing with some of you.

However I hadn’t a super result, Mental Racing scored some good points for the constructors. Thanks to my team mate @Wedgybo. Atm a 12 point lead from 4th, so last round will be important.

Congratulations to @HRacingGreen and @leedamastr for the win, and @Hasnain, @SolidNinjaSnake, @Wedgybo and @Wobbuffet for completing the podium.

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Ended up with a lucky P2 in teh Feature race, and sprint I just tried to stay out of trouble not being too aggressive.
Only 1 death throughout the whole thing, could've been worse I guess. Congrats to the winners and podium finishers