PS4 - AOR GTSL Season 13 Constructors Challenge #2 | Rd 3| Red Bull Ring (Gr. 4) |6th August | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL Season 13 Constructors Challenge #2 | Rd 3| Red Bull Ring (Gr. 4) |6th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Don't worry, nobody is even close to them times either. Mid 37s is a push lap, and maybe low 37s if you get slipstream.

I was really hoping the Hyundai would be a clear second best here, but I'm really struggling in S2, it's got nothing in the corners and the gearbox is so long I can't even reach 6th gear.
Try being stuck doing high 37's in general:rolleyes: I was getting frustrated but all I starting doing was laughing after a while, as the thing is my car is handling and behaving itself generally well around here but it just lacks the power, (I mean hell I tried the Audi for a lap just for a comparison and I was 2-3 tenths faster in S1 alone which is one corner connecting 2 hills basically lol) and throw in the other big issue I have where I'll need probably to refuel quite a fair bit compared to everyone else, its just giving me a mountain to climb in the feature and any chance of a podium is highly unlikely.

Though its my own fault, I didn't really give fuel consumption much consideration in my car choice this season, simply because the recent updates seemed to level the playing field in fuel consumption (definitely in Gr.3 and I thought in Gr.4 as well to a degree) but something I didn't factor in at all was a car's capability of being able to save fuel and still make good lap times, and the Toyota 86 just doesn't afford that luxury and is one of the worst (jury is still out on the FT1), but I'll try make the best of it.

Anyway HRG and his Audi has to be the clear favourite on thursday and will be extremely tough for anyone to beat, not only does it have the one of the best top speeds around here, (out of our cars) but if Brands Hatch is anything to go by HRG won't need to refuel either, and that's could be a key factor in the feature. (as not taking any fuel compared to taking fuel for even just 1 litre is 3 seconds in a pitstop)

However something that I think HRG is already fully aware of and probably his only genuine concern is that Audi seems terrible off the line (even worse then my Toyota:LOL:), so even if he puts it pole if the likes of Stevo, Browneskii & Hasnain are all starting in the top 4, HRG will likely drop to 4th before T1 I would've thought and that is the only saving grace that'll make a race of it in my opinion.

Reactions: Delaney

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
However something that I think HRG is already fully aware of and probably his only genuine concern is that Audi seems terrible off the line (even worse then my Toyota:LOL:), so even if he puts it pole if the likes of Stevo, Browneskii & Hasnain are all starting in the top 4, HRG will likely drop to 4th before T1 I would've thought and that is the only saving grace that'll make a race of it in my opinion.
The car does feel good but I'm not 100% confident still, the tyre wear is really very high and I'm >1.5s a lap off the opening lap pace after 6 or 7 laps, so I'll be expecting people to come back towards me in the latter stages of stints and I doubt I can make a 1-stop work while it seems many others can.

The start and acceleration is definitely my biggest fear here yes haha, its absolutely tragic and can be a bit tricky to get past people/defend, especially on worn tyres, because of the acceleration deficit out of the Hairpin.

Oh and the obvious...PENALTIES. The understeer on power at every corner is making life very difficult when it comes to avoiding penalties but that's on me (in fact every problem is on me really, everything I complain about I can probably solve with my driving) i need to be more precise and disciplined to avoid them but right now I'm not doing that. Could be a huge factor, especially in quali.

I appreciate the flattery of everyone expecting me to dominate ahah, but I'm reserving my judgement for now.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
The car does feel good but I'm not 100% confident still, the tyre wear is really very high and I'm >1.5s a lap off the opening lap pace after 6 or 7 laps, so I'll be expecting people to come back towards me in the latter stages of stints and I doubt I can make a 1-stop work while it seems many others can.

The start and acceleration is definitely my biggest fear here yes haha, its absolutely tragic and can be a bit tricky to get past people/defend, especially on worn tyres, because of the acceleration deficit out of the Hairpin.

Oh and the obvious...PENALTIES. The understeer on power at every corner is making life very difficult when it comes to avoiding penalties but that's on me (in fact every problem is on me really, everything I complain about I can probably solve with my driving) i need to be more precise and disciplined to avoid them but right now I'm not doing that. Could be a huge factor, especially in quali.

I appreciate the flattery of everyone expecting me to dominate ahah, but I'm reserving my judgement for now.
Most of Your problems could be solved by simply being a bit slower. Just look at me, I'm slow as h***, but the car starts great, it can turn (sometimes even more than I wish) and it will not give You problems with overtaking people on the straights, because You'll never get close to them. It has very low tire wear and very low fuel usage. After just a few laps You'll be all on Your own and You can concentrate on keeping the dammd thing on the road.

• Funny
Reactions: HRacingGreen

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
The car does feel good but I'm not 100% confident still, the tyre wear is really very high and I'm >1.5s a lap off the opening lap pace after 6 or 7 laps
If that's genuinely true then that's good news for everyone else, though I'll believe it when I see it lol (you doing 38's after 6/7 laps), as while we know that Audi does suffer from front tyre wear - but on the hard tyre I honestly didn't think it would be that bad around here to get you to suffering that much of a lap time drop off in just 6/7 laps, I guess you could say I'm sceptical.:LOL:

I think that's just down to the great performances you've shown in the first 2 rounds so naturally people expect you to keep it up, plus the Audi TT is a very strong car around RBR so that is why we expect you to dominate on Thursday lol.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
With the sad news of @Caaalyy 's resignation, @Bankai_Bullett has been restored to full time driver status. @Alonline is now 1st reserve, @mallucm is 2nd reserve.

All Drivers:
You must be in the lobby at least 15 minutes before event start time (7:50pm UK time). If you are not in the lobby before 7:35pm UK time you will be replaced with a reserve driver.

• Agree

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Despite my trepidation and reluctance to accept status as the favourite, I'm looking forward to this as ever. All those long straights and heavy braking zones should make good racing.

Reactions: Delaney and jutngo

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Long straights and an Alfa with no engine = overtake-fest against me and @Delaney
We can only do our best to hang on and benefit from others going off. And of cause hope that our fuel benefits can mend at least some of damage. But Sprint is going to be tough because We have no fuel benefit there.

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Looking forward to this myself. Feels like the car has no downforce though the sweeping sector 2/3 transition but it'll be fun either way

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Long straights and an Alfa with no engine = overtake-fest against me and @Delaney
We can only do our best to hang on and benefit from others going off. And of cause hope that our fuel benefits can mend at least some of damage. But Sprint is going to be tough because We have no fuel benefit there.
Obviously a different world back then but in S4 I won both races in the Alfa here, though BoP was a different kettle of fish back then (the car weighed probably 200kg lighter then it does now but bhp was similar to current settings) plus the handling physics were a bit different as well.

Anyway for all of us with a lack of horses under are bonnets, this round is all about doing the best we can.

leedamastr

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Obviously a different world back then but in S4 I won both races in the Alfa here, though BoP was a different kettle of fish back then (the car weighed probably 200kg lighter then it does now but bhp was similar to current settings) plus the handling physics were a bit different as well.

Anyway for all of us with a lack of horses under are bonnets, this round is all about doing the best we can.
Yeah the McDonalds diet has killed the Alfa, BOP power would be fine at stock weight - 100kg more but needs 350-360 bhp to realistically keep up on the straights.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
In the rules it says you can't serve a penalty just before the line in the race.

What about in qualifying? Say you know you're going wide out of the final corner and know you're going to get one, are you allowed to get rid of it or do you have to stick with it? Obviously track limits here are very strict so that's why I'm asking.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
In the rules it says you can't serve a penalty just before the line in the race.

What about in qualifying? Say you know you're going wide out of the final corner and know you're going to get one, are you allowed to get rid of it or do you have to stick with it? Obviously track limits here are very strict so that's why I'm asking.
The rules around not slamming on the brakes just before the line to scrub a penalty under race conditions are in place to avoid potential collisions. With the size of the gap in quali, this isn't as big an issue. So, my vote is to say it is allowed in quali to scrub any penalties before the line. @Delaney @Hasnain @GKRT_PinkiiBoii your opinions please.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Yeah nah... I'm gonna fix this for everyone. Y'ready?

@SolidNinjaSnake gets the full time seat, I get first reserve.

I dropped to reserve by choice, given the circumstances... and Ninja, being promoted to full time, has raced both rounds so far.
I REFUSE to take his spot just because I'm back on the game.
That doesn't sit right with me at all.

I will remain 1st reserve until such time a full time seat opens up. I will also elect to start from the back in my first sprint race, as getting a free Pole is stupid.

That's what's gonna happen.
A bit late as I forgot to post my message haha, but I felt bad when I read you had given up your spot for me. Thankfully it looks like it all worked out in the end haha, but I appreciate the gesture anyway! Thanks. :giggle:

Good luck all tonight. (y)
Hopefully I haven't forgotten how to drive. Been playing a bunch of Fall Guys lately haha!

• Funny

leedamastr

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Disconnection Guidelines

● Disconnections
If a driver loses connection during qualifying, they will be invited back into the lobby to continue from where they left off.

So a DSC just after quali starts does not warrant a reset or start at back of grid?

leedamastr

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Disconnection Guidelines

● Disconnections
If a driver loses connection during qualifying, they will be invited back into the lobby to continue from where they left off.

So a DSC just after quali starts does not warrant a reset or start at back of grid?
Even that didn't work, booted me again before race even started :(

Turns out there is a mast issue in my area once again (thanks Three Mobile...) - Could have done something in the feature race but Sprint would have been tough. I'm getting sick of practicing for a race almost all week only for my connection to fail again...

It's not like I can revert back to Wi-Fi/LAN at the moment as the ping is far from stable using that at the moment. Even worse when I can't fix it because someone doesn't know their login to ask for Openreach to come out, have a look and fix it.

Rant over.

Alonline

Junior Karter
Jul 12, 2020
Hi folks, looks like I'm not going to be available on Thursdays after all :(

From March I've been part furloughed, working 1 week then having 3 weeks off. However, work has picked up as everything opens up, and last week I was flat out leading my boss to change me to working 3 days every week: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

Unfortunately our CEO has his board meetings on a Thursday and I'm on call to support my boss if she needs data. Last week and this week they've gone on until after 6pm, then I've got to produce a pack for her. So I didn't finish until 8pm today.

Sorry. Hopefully things will calm down shortly, but in the meantime I can't guarantee I'll be around.

Status
Not open for further replies.