PS4 - AOR GTSL Season 13 Constructors Challenge #2 | Rd 3| Red Bull Ring (Gr. 4) |6th August | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL Season 13 Constructors Challenge #2 | Rd 3| Red Bull Ring (Gr. 4) |6th August

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
I had a wheel on the kerb the whole time when I got my final lap FR pen :(

Frustrating round, failed to extract the maximum from both races. A poor performance and I'll need to bounce back next week to maintain momentum heading into the break week.

Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Disconnection Guidelines

● Disconnections
If a driver loses connection during qualifying, they will be invited back into the lobby to continue from where they left off.

So a DSC just after quali starts does not warrant a reset or start at back of grid?
Well We did try. But You are right in pointing it out.

LJM_Stevo

Pro Karter
May 16, 2018
Q-2nd ok lap. Didn’t think it was good enough for front row but saw I was 1st with HRG left so was happy

FR-good start. Passedby sns but passed HRG. Tried to get passed sns but was being held up which allowed HRG to catch. I was hoping he would follow behind me but he wanted to pass. This causedus to fight for position Which let browneskii to catch. Eventually HRG stayed ahead. Mainly because I gave up fighting as I was hoping he’d catch sns. he wasn’t. Problem was I couldn’t catch on the straight but I was much quicker in s3. HRG eventually pitted lap 8 I think but browneskii was right on my arse. Me browneskii and sns were fighting until lap 11 when sns went off at the 2nd hairpin which let me and browneskii through. The 3 of us pitted same lap. Browneskii jumped me in the pits as he had more fuelbut underfueled but I didn’t know that at the time. I was able to pull a gap to sns and bloody who had caught us whilst scrapping earlier. Gap between me and browneskii (for net lead) was sticking at 1.5ish but then I caught up loads in one lap that I was right on him. I thought at the time he was back I me up to HRG as he was really slow when I caught him. Then at lap whatever it was at the 2nd hairpin I went for a move on the inside and I tagged Browneskii which caused him to go into the gravel. I waited to let him through but this let HRG through as well. I know browneskii is considering appealing as HRG got passed him as well. A lap later I got passed browneskii at the last corner as he went wide. HRG was slow again as I assume went and can’t remember if it was the following 2 corners after passing Browneskii or if it was a lap later, HRG defended the inside of the first hairpin but bad tyres meant I got cutback as my tyres were still fine. Just meant as long as I could get clean exits out the slow corners then I’d be ok. Crossed the line for a possible first ever win. it’s pending due to the incident earlier. I will honestly feel hard done by if I get penalised as soon as i realised what had happened I slowed to let him back through instantly. I know this won’t be taken into account but I did cleanly pass him a lap later on top of him getting 1 or 2 penalties. To be punished further would be harsh.

SR- finished 8th due to getting a 2 second penalty second to last corner which cost me 2 places. Bit of a stinker really

leedamastr

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Well We did try. But You are right in pointing it out.
I was just frustrated at the time, even more p***ed off when it dropped the second time. It seems it was working fine in the garage but go to track just killed it for whatever reason.

Onto the next round I suppose...

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Quite strange really had my worst round of the season so far (which was expected) but probably the most enjoyable night of the season so far for me, I'll go into detail when I do my race report but the feature race was a lot of fun (with the exception of the start and first 2 corners of the race), enjoyed battling my way through the field, as for sprint well I took a early gamble it didn't pay off, but I don't regret it lol.

Disconnection Guidelines

● Disconnections
If a driver loses connection during qualifying, they will be invited back into the lobby to continue from where they left off.

So a DSC just after quali starts does not warrant a reset or start at back of grid?
I think it is a bit different for us in the GT League Lee, simply because unfortunately you can't just jump straight back in the qualy session if you dsc mid-session like you can do in the F1 games.

If the co-ords had decided to restart qualy tonight then I think based on what happened to you after you rejoined, the same thing probably would've happened again with another dsc, so I think in the circumstances the co-ords made the correct decision in hindsight despite the rules written.

Though I will add when people have had issues during qualy before (which I have experienced once myself) the normal protocol is you join for the race after qualy is finished and you have to start from the back, otherwise if one person has a dsc during qualy we do a restart and then someone else has a dsc, then where would you draw the line as to how many restarts we do and the extra time that will need to be taken.

I will also elect to start from the back in my first sprint race, as getting a free Pole is stupid.

That's what's gonna happen.
Quali could've gone better, and my feature was diabolical.

The sprint however...

View attachment 116123
Why do I get the sense that you changed your tune starting on pole in the sprint tonight...;)

Being serious it is what it is, they were the rules and you were entitled to it Bankai, I think tonight though underlines why a change to the reverse grid sprint rules has to be made for next season or whenever this format is next used.

Oh and one last thing @Jamie9000000 was I lagging on your screen at all? As I saw your car lagging at times in front of me during the feature and sprint, at one point your car went suddenly inside mine when I was just ahead of you - thankfully it didn't cause physical contact.

• Agree

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'll more than happily take the win... I earned it in the 2nd stint, it wasn't gifted... but yeah, I still think it's a stupid rule.
Yeah as I said in the past and will continue to say, even if you start on pole in the sprint you still have to execute and get the job done its never easy.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Not gonna lie, I feel absolutely cheated out of a win in that sprint. Finishing only 1s behind the guy that had an 8 second lead at one point despite losing 2s a lap on tyres that were completely shot.

While I'm happy with a double second for now, with how it all played out, I think I could have got the double win. That incident in the feature was super frustrating because it meant I had to go from controlling the race to pushing more than ever in dirty air and ruining my tyres more than I wanted to.

But coming into the race, I was really struggling and if someone offered me two 2nd places and p2 in the championship, I'd have taken it, but I guess it's my competitiveness and stubbornness that makes it feel disappointing.

Jamie9000000

Pro Karter
Jul 9, 2020
Quite strange really had my worst round of the season so far (which was expected) but probably the most enjoyable night of the season so far for me, I'll go into detail when I do my race report but the feature race was a lot of fun (with the exception of the start and first 2 corners of the race), enjoyed battling my way through the field, as for sprint well I took a early gamble it didn't pay off, but I don't regret it lol.

I think it is a bit different for us in the GT League Lee, simply because unfortunately you can't just jump straight back in the qualy session if you dsc mid-session like you can do in the F1 games.

If the co-ords had decided to restart qualy tonight then I think based on what happened to you after you rejoined, the same thing probably would've happened again with another dsc, so I think in the circumstances the co-ords made the correct decision in hindsight despite the rules written.

Though I will add when people have had issues during qualy before (which I have experienced once myself) the normal protocol is you join for the race after qualy is finished and you have to start from the back, otherwise if one person has a dsc during qualy we do a restart and then someone else has a dsc, then where would you draw the line as to how many restarts we do and the extra time that will need to be taken.

Why do I get the sense that you changed your tune starting on pole in the sprint tonight...;)

Being serious it is what it is, they were the rules and you were entitled to it Bankai, I think tonight though underlines why a change to the reverse grid sprint rules has to be made for next season or whenever this format is next used.

Oh and one last thing @Jamie9000000 was I lagging on your screen at all? As I saw your car lagging at times in front of me during the feature and sprint, at one point your car went suddenly inside mine when I was just ahead of you - thankfully it didn't cause physical contact.
Nah, I believe the lag was on my part. My Internet has been pretty poor this week.

Getting a new ISP on the 20th, so hopefully that'll get that sorted fully then.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Yeah as I said in the past and will continue to say, even if you start on pole in the sprint you still have to execute and get the job done its never easy.
If it was easy, I would be doing it every week, even in the Alfa.
and to Your comment about the Alfa being so fast earlier, You only have to look at my FR result in Inter League at Alsace and now I’m nowhere.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Results and Standings are up - Temp of cause - awaiting results of the Stewards

leedamastr

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015

This is what was going to happen after I pointed out the rule (knowing it would just be start at back), but the game just kicked me again while on track within 2-3 minutes of leaving the garage before we even went to race - sitting in the garage was not an issue but I wasn't going to ask for more chances after that, it would have just repeated and delayed even further.

Tethering for 4-5 months now has become a joke. Most nights it is stable, but when an "issue with a mast" appears just after 7:30, seems a bit odd. It was working fine all day prior to that, even had 30mbps+ lol. Went downstairs for 5 mins, came back and found the phone had dropped network bands and every car had Saturday Night Fever. Switched to a weirdly faster 3G but i'm not certain why it caused disconnections. I didn't check the NAT type but the upload speed wasn't spectacular, download was manageable at 6mbps average. Ping was about 50ms but there was minor packet loss (5ms on average - not a crazy amount to cause large issues). Maybe it was the potato Wi-Fi receiver in the PS4 not playing ball either.

I was also warned in advance by Three Mobile that they were doing work in the area until the 10th, just why from that time onwards I will never know as it was fine with a few minor blips (which is normal) all week up to that point.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
I'll more than happily take the win... I earned it in the 2nd stint, it wasn't gifted... but yeah, I still think it's a stupid rule.
The rules has been like this since We started. Before it was just reverse grid from last race and DSC's would still start at the front. But We'll look into it for next season.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Went downstairs for 5 mins, came back and found the phone had dropped network bands and every car had Saturday Night Fever. .
That's got to be one of the best analogies I've read in a while.:LOL:

Well at least they (3 Mobile) are finishing there work in your area in a few days, hopefully you'll have no more issues after that.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
The rules has been like this since We started. Before it was just reverse grid from last race and DSC's would still start at the front. But We'll look into it for next season.
I know... and we've been saying it needs changing for ages.

leedamastr

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015
That's got to be one of the best analogies I've read in a while.:LOL:

Well at least they (3 Mobile) are finishing there work in your area in a few days, hopefully you'll have no more issues after that.
While on a walk today I went past the phone mast that 3 use in this area and got 63mbps like 500m from it lol. Must have it's signal range turned down?

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Surely it can be like F2/F3 where only the top X get reversed? This gives midfield/back markers motivation to get quicker to be in a certain position and it doesn't just gift a newcomer a free win for the sprint.

Plus with the points system as it is, it's super important for the top drivers to get a podium, to get that extra 1/2 point buffer to the car behind. (but the sprint points system is for another day I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.