PS4 - AOR GTSL Season 13 Constructors Challenge #2 | Rd 7| Blue Moon Bay Infield A (Gr. 4) |10th September | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR GTSL Season 13 Constructors Challenge #2 | Rd 7| Blue Moon Bay Infield A (Gr. 4) |10th September

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
A case of what could've been tonight for me but I'll go into that properly in my race report later at some point.

As for the racing in general tonight have to admit I wasn't surprised when I saw a 'Audi is OP on fuel' message in the lobby after that feature race, it took me back to S11 lol.

When I saw HRG pit with 52 litres left (I think it was) with Browneskii & Stevo in comparison around the mid 30's left I pretty much knew that was going to be the deciding factor, obviously I can imagine how frustrating that would've been for Browneskii & Stevo to essentially not do anything wrong and then be out of contention for the win just like that, but honestly it didn't surprise me as HRG did the same thing in round 1 where he didn't need to refuel.

Is the Audi however the best overall package out of the cars selected in our league - well the daily races & the top 10 leaderboard are generally a good measuring stick to current hierarchy of car performance.

With the Gr.3 Audi its a solid all rounder and always has been and funnily enough this week's daily B is at Catalunya and when I last checked, 6/7 of the top 10 are times done by R8 LMS.

For me though the Gr.4 Audi TT is a pretty clear cut case, 4 of the last 5 weeks of dailies that have featured Gr.4, and low and behold I've kept seeing Audi TT's normally swept all the top 10 times at varying different tracks, but I wouldn't exactly call it a totally OP car it has plenty of positives of course: lowest weight, and higher top speed then majority in the Gr.4 class however the thing with those dailies that featured Gr.4 is normally they were no fuel or tyre wear.

Now it obviously great at the start of stints and has great fuel mileage as well, but the 2 areas where it does suffer and brings it down overall is its tyre wear and race starts and I think that's been the only saving grace with the Gr.4 feature races this season, had HRG had a car that could get of the line sensibly he would've likely won all 4 Gr.4 feature races.
It undeniably one of the best cars in Gr.4 currently and I was genuinely surprised there has been no BoP update to not just nerf the Audi TT but all the Gr.4 FF cars as the power and weight has been skewed a bit to much in there favour (like RBR, the Peugeot RCZ dominates that track) and I don't think that can be argued.

Anyway I would say the Audi has been the best overall package this season, where the Gr.3 races have been a fair fight, but the Gr.4 less so.

But either way the arguments about who had the best car or overall car combo are sort of irrelevant to an extent because we all made are choices, though when I take a trip back in time before the start of the season and look back to these 2 posts (from the summer cup thread) they do make me laugh now in hindsight:
As a great advocate of never picking the best car,
Well you happened to pick the best overall car package this season who would have thought it.;)

Look HRG I sure why you'll understand why I picked that out, because after seeing that message from Stevo about 'Audi OP on fuel' that brought back some memories for me that left me feeling irked at the time and I'm sure you can now relate to what I was thinking and feeling HRG after seeing similar sort of messages from yourself after races in Season 11, where you drove a great race, not put a foot wrong and did what you need to do to win but that's the first thing that is said to you afterwards...

I want to make this clear for you, while you may have selected the best overall package whether it was a happy accident or just a result of thorough good testing doesn't bother me, (if it was the latter then the quoted post above is even more funny) but at the end of the day as I said back after those races in S11 and still say today, even if the car someone is driving happens to have an advantage over others you still have to go out and execute on the night and get the job done, its all anyone can do in that position and in general you've done that very well this season HRG, its why your on the verge of deservedly winning the championship.(y)

That's fair enough. Very likely I'll sign up, and probably just choose a random car and try get that to work. I normally choose Nissan for Manu but i despise the Gr4 car, I'll get something more well rounded for this I think!
Honestly Browneskiii you in that Hyundai has impressed me the most this season, I gave it a go in testing pre-season and while it wasn't slow it wasn't fast either (for me), and to get the results you have overall this season is nothing short of a minor miracle, as in comparison to your rivals I think overall its slightly worse then my Toyota, the Subaru & BMW but then its a further step lower then the Audi.

To be honest the only thing I would question was why do you knowingly go for a much slower car in general? You even asked in that thread for bonus points for selecting a 'off meta' car, I mean I can understand wanting a challenge but there was always going to be a possibility that a top driver could end up picking one of the best current combo's and HRG happened to do so this season.
As I said you done excellent this season but I think you know yourself now, if you had been a bit more thorough in your car selection then I think you would have been pretty much going toe to toe with HRG for the championship next Thursday instead of needing a miracle.

• Friendly
Reactions: Browneskiii

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Well you happened to pick the best overall car package this season who would have thought it.;)
You know, this was a genuine accident :LOL:

I picked the Audi combo because I liked that it hadn't appeared last season, the GT3 car was something a bit different and I did know that the TT was generally competitive. However I made my choice exclusively on the fuel economy on the TT being superior to the McLaren 650s GT4 car. That was all it was to dictate me taking Audi over McLaren, as typically I'm weaker in the slower cars anyway so truthfully needed all the help I could get. I didn't foresee this pure pace advantage as I was getting similar laptimes in the 2 cars in testing. I did test the Peugeot too but the RCZ GT3 car is a disaster on fuel, although quite fast and very stable, and i was testing before the BoP change so the Gr.4 was...yeah.

I picked it around the time PD knocked a considerable chunk off the performance of both the RCZ and TT following their total domination of the Daily Races. Heading back to the leaderboards and car choices these days i think you'll find the Viper Gr.4 is the golden boy for lots of T16 drivers these days ;)

And yes, I'm well aware my comments from S11 possibly don't wash out so well now lol. I still standby the idea that it's fair to feel hard done by when strategy shafts you. Browne and Stevo are valid in complaining about my fuel, and at Autopolis I was valid in complaining about my shitty tyre wear that ruined my evening.

you still have to go out and execute on the night and get the job done, its all anyone can do in that position and in general you've done that very well this season HRG, its why your on the verge of deservedly winning the championship.(y)

In the end, it is always about executing it you're right, and thank you for the kind words. I never did intend to discredit you in S11, realistically it was my own fault anyway, I picked a terrible manufacturer and didn't make the best of it.

Its still open heading into Round 8, I'm really trying not to get ahead of myself.

• Informative
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Honestly Browneskiii you in that Hyundai has impressed me the most this season, I gave it a go in testing pre-season and while it wasn't slow it wasn't fast either (for me), and to get the results you have overall this season is nothing short of a minor miracle, as in comparison to your rivals I think overall its slightly worse then my Toyota, the Subaru & BMW but then its a further step lower then the Audi.

To be honest the only thing I would question was why do you knowingly go for a much slower car in general? You even asked in that thread for bonus points for selecting a 'off meta' car, I mean I can understand wanting a challenge but there was always going to be a possibility that a top driver could end up picking one of the best current combo's and HRG happened to do so this season.
As I said you done excellent this season but I think you know yourself now, if you had been a bit more thorough in your car selection then I think you would have been pretty much going toe to toe with HRG for the championship next Thursday instead of needing a miracle.
Tbh with you, I've always been the type to give myself a disadvantage just so I drive better and I honestly thought I'd be around 4th or 5th in the championship this season so I tried something that would just be different even though I know it wasn't amazing.

It's definitely bitten me on the ass though, there have been times in the races and just after where I've said the Audi is too good, and if anyone has watched the streams back over, you can hear Mik saying how terrible it is everywhere barring the straights. It's one of those cars where to drive it's great, it really suits my driving style, but it just doesn't have the raw pace to compete online against other cars, it's much better if you just wanna go against ai and best them.

In hindsight I should have picked a better car, but then again, would the results have been any better? I feel like other than autopolis, I've basically got the most out of myself and the car, but if I was in a better car, maybe I'd be practicing less and not being on the limit as much? Who knows. Overall though, I think it's taught me more about adapting and taking full advantage of my cars strengths. It's definitely made me a better driver than I was and personally I'd rather a fun P2/3 than a boring win. (Obviously I'm not saying I'd get boring wins, it's just a bit of exaggeration)

Reactions: Wobbuffet

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Temp Results & Standings has been updated WITH drop weeks. But beware penalties might alter the points after Stewards and thereby the drop weeks

Reactions: Browneskiii

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Temp Results & Standings has been updated WITH drop weeks. But beware penalties might alter the points after Stewards and thereby the drop weeks
Do fastest laps not get dropped? Seems like HRGs Autopolis FL's and Stevo's Blue Moon are still on the table.

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Do fastest laps not get dropped? Seems like HRGs Autopolis FL's and Stevo's Blue Moon are still on the table.
Yeah I saw that, I expected to drop 18 points but only lost 16. Fairly certain its incorrect.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Yeah I saw that, I expected to drop 18 points but only lost 16. Fairly certain its incorrect.
Good question. I'll have a closer look at that, because it should drop the FL point as well

Ok @Browneskiii and @HRacingGreen , it actually does still count FL despite the round being dropped. I have removed the points (just marked the FL's differently), but they still show. I hope I got it right.

Can We have You look into automating this @Wedgybo ?

Last edited:
Reactions: HRacingGreen

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
You know, this was a genuine accident :LOL:

I picked the Audi combo because I liked that it hadn't appeared last season, the GT3 car was something a bit different and I did know that the TT was generally competitive. However I made my choice exclusively on the fuel economy on the TT being superior to the McLaren 650s GT4 car. That was all it was to dictate me taking Audi over McLaren, as typically I'm weaker in the slower cars anyway so truthfully needed all the help I could get.
And that was pretty much the point I made after S11 - why would anyone in there right mind pick a car that is slower and has worse fuel/tyre wear in general then a different car combo overall.:p

Just to touch on fuel economy I think the thing everyone needs to remember is that your Audi was capable of saving enough fuel during the race to not need to refuel and that is the keyword here 'capable', and just from my side I've learned a lot about my Toyota's as when I compare my fuel usage for the Gr.4 Toyota - Round 1 I used the most fuel of anyone whereas this round it looked liked I had the 2nd best, it just goes to show really.

Tbh with you, I've always been the type to give myself a disadvantage just so I drive better
That bit was interesting to read, I think I understand where your coming from though where if you feel like/know your racing at a disadvantage it can spur you on to perform better.

In hindsight I should have picked a better car, but then again, would the results have been any better? I feel like other than autopolis, I've basically got the most out of myself and the car, but if I was in a better car, maybe I'd be practicing less and not being on the limit as much? Who knows. Overall though, I think it's taught me more about adapting and taking full advantage of my cars strengths. It's definitely made me a better driver than I was and personally I'd rather a fun P2/3 than a boring win. (Obviously I'm not saying I'd get boring wins, it's just a bit of exaggeration)
Well if its a case that you need the motivation of a worse car compared to others to get results then maybe not, but even so I don't think your the type of person even if you were winning races easily that you would become that arrogant that you start thinking 'I only need to turn up on the night to win'.

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
That bit was interesting to read, I think I understand where your coming from though where if you feel like/know your racing at a disadvantage it can spur you on to perform better.

Well if its a case that you need the motivation of a worse car compared to others to get results then maybe not, but even so I don't think your the type of person even if you were winning races easily that you would become that arrogant that you start thinking 'I only need to turn up on the night to win'.
It's a bit of a weird one for me, motivation is one of my biggest strengths but also biggest weaknesses. If I want something bad enough, I'll always go 110% for it, but if I really can't be bothered, my results drop to like they were at the end of S1 when I was coming midfield to bottom in qualifying.

But then I have the issue that I just get bored of driving, but I love racing. I really struggle to actually do more than say 30/40 laps in a practice session because it just gets boring for me, but do a race and I love it. So it probably is a bit of both really, if I have a worse car, it'll motivate me to get quicker and get within them few tenths of what i'd be in a top car, but if I knew I was somewhere near the front anyway, I'd probably lack the motivation to be practicing leading to me being inconsistent.

I'd say i've driven a good 2.5-3k miles between the two cars since signing up for this, and that's probably shows in the results. I know it's a terrible "excuse" to use a bad car, but that's how I work for some reason. There's definitely times I wish I wasn't like this though. :ROFLMAO:

leedamastr

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015
Honestly the races went past like a blur so I'll keep it brief, probably post a highlights package if I find time later in the week.

Qualifying: P6

Not the best lap, went off on exit of T4 or 5 and lightly scraped the wall of the final corner, but still enough for top half.

Feature Race: P7

Lost places at the start, got involved in many battles and once cars began to suffer with tyre wear I began to pick a few of them off/close up. Pitted lap 15 to avoid an undercut ruining my race further and jumped 1 or 2 in the stops and after they played out. After a battle with @SolidNinjaSnake I cemented my grip on what would be P7. I was closing on @Jamie9000000 towards the end but the BMW Fanta school bus help it's position well and was able to outdrag me on the straights. A few bumps from me didn't help so I didn't take advantage of those moments. Felt if I got past early enough I could have chipped away at @Wobbuffet but P6 probably would have been my highest.

Sprint Race: P4 (provisionally)

Held P8 for most of lap 1 until the mess in S2/3 split (which is in the stewards). After that it was a battle to go as high as possible. I picked off any cars that were struggling, pitted lap 7 and was surprised to see Stevo hit the pit entry wall. Another battle with Solid gave me P3 until I ran wide and @Bankai_Bullett eventually got through. I had a good battle with him and Solid for a while, the latter eventually fading slightly but couldn't pass the struggling Audi by the end for P3. The result is still up in the air so P4 on road, whether it changes is another question.

More solid points overall in a car I'm proud to see the back of. No power and a sliding rear-end worse than an out of control spaniel! If we do a CC#3 on GT Sport or the unreleased GT7 (whenever that is), I won't be in that Alfa despite dragging it to crazy results lately. The GT3 is a more stable car despite lacking top end BHP, however it's the GT4 that lets this combo down big time.

• Agree
Reactions: Delaney

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Honestly the races went past like a blur so I'll keep it brief, probably post a highlights package if I find time later in the week.

Qualifying: P6

Not the best lap, went off on exit of T4 or 5 and lightly scraped the wall of the final corner, but still enough for top half.

Feature Race: P7

Lost places at the start, got involved in many battles and once cars began to suffer with tyre wear I began to pick a few of them off/close up. Pitted lap 15 to avoid an undercut ruining my race further and jumped 1 or 2 in the stops and after they played out. After a battle with @SolidNinjaSnake I cemented my grip on what would be P7. I was closing on @Jamie9000000 towards the end but the BMW Fanta school bus help it's position well and was able to outdrag me on the straights. A few bumps from me didn't help so I didn't take advantage of those moments. Felt if I got past early enough I could have chipped away at @Wobbuffet but P6 probably would have been my highest.

Sprint Race: P4 (provisionally)

Held P8 for most of lap 1 until the mess in S2/3 split (which is in the stewards). After that it was a battle to go as high as possible. I picked off any cars that were struggling, pitted lap 7 and was surprised to see Stevo hit the pit entry wall. Another battle with Solid gave me P3 until I ran wide and @Bankai_Bullett eventually got through. I had a good battle with him and Solid for a while, the latter eventually fading slightly but couldn't pass the struggling Audi by the end for P3. The result is still up in the air so P4 on road, whether it changes is another question.

More solid points overall in a car I'm proud to see the back of. No power and a sliding rear-end worse than an out of control spaniel! If we do a CC#3 on GT Sport or the unreleased GT7 (whenever that is), I won't be in that Alfa despite dragging it to crazy results lately. The GT3 is a more stable car despite lacking top end BHP, however it's the GT4 that lets this combo down big time.
I was expecting to be reverse, the GT3 being the worst.

leedamastr

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 10, 2015
I was expecting to be reverse, the GT3 being the worst.
I prefer an element of stability in the car. The GT4 is definitely not stable on the rear, especially in the latter stages of a race or on softer compounds. The GT3 has a bit of both oversteer and understeer at times but a more balanced car.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Race report time.

Qualy - 11th: I just had a scrappy lap and instead of doing a high 12 I do a mid 13, so it was another frustrating qualy.

Feature - 5th: Just before the start I look across to Bankai ahead and I gave him a nod and thought to myself see you at the back before T1 and shock horror I was right as we went from 10th & 11th to 14th & 15th (and I was 14th), it wasn't a surprise but thank god I won't have to put up with starts like that next season. (well I would hope not in the same car as everyone else)

Anyway I once again set about working my way through the field and somehow I managed to get upto 9th by the end of lap 1, I then had a few laps inbetween a BEMMS sandwich where I had to fend of Jutngo before I finally got close enough to have a go and get ahead of Bl99dy.

After that I caught upto MMM and within a couple laps got past him at T1, next was SNS and again took a couple laps before I could get close enough to have a go and get by, at this point though I was now 6th and starting to catch Jamie also much to my surprise I could see the 4 leaders only a handful of seconds ahead and I started to think potentially I could get involved.

But on lap 12 (I think it was) as I was following Jamie close as I took the speedy right that tightens on exit, as I drove over the inside curb as I had done umpteen times it looked like the kerb/track decided to suddenly/unexpectedly take a bite out of the front right of my car and it instantly spazzed out the rear and while I somehow saved it from spinning out, I still got sent of the track and into the barriers, it cost me a place to SNS, about 5 seconds and absolutely killed any chance or hopes I had of getting involved in a fight for the podium.

However I refocused and once again started to catch those ahead and the pitstop phase started, I came in lap 16 and exited the pits ahead of SNS and behind Jamie, I caught upto Jamie and we had a good battle but I finally got ahead exit of T2, I was upto 5th now and started to pull away from him and my focus was on Hasnain who was leading, as I thought he would be pitting a second time and I could have a chance of 4th.

The laps passed and Hasnain did pit but came out just behind me, I knew at that point it would be difficult to keep him behind and a couple laps later he was able to do an easy pass on the start finish straight, I tired to go with him but he started to pull away and for the final few laps I sort of zoned out and finished 5th.

Sprint - 14th: Well what can I say after the first lap I was upto 7th with 4 cars just ahead and I felt I was already in position A1 at that point (ie a great position looking ahead to have a good chance to win), but then my race was ruined out of nowhere and once again my sprint race chances were down the pan just like that, I once again tried to make the best of it, I got upto 9th but I used the best of my tyres up early on making up the time I lost.

And once I dropped down to 11th with 3 laps to go and Jamie behind likely to catch me before the end, I knew once again the best chance of getting anything out of this race was to go for the Sprint FL (again), I channelled my frustration well and put together a near perfect lap to take the FL (sorry Browneskii lol) and at least got something out of this disaster.

Looking back at that night, I just sound like a broken record at this point, you what I can live with bad qualy's but what happened to me and that kerb in the feature was ridiculous, I've driven over that kerb probably about 100 times over the course of the week (practice & over the whole round) and not once was I even close to losing control of my car but a kerb glitch out of nowhere I guess happened and its cost me dearly, and I drove over that kerb every time afterwards and it never happened again, without doubt without that happening I would've been with Browneskii & Stevo battling for 2nd and at worst I finish 4th.

With the sprint race less said the better, but I'm now getting fed up at being reduced to taking the FL in those races and I honestly can't wait for the season to end at this point as I feel I've not had a lot of luck in general, still I'll try to end the season on the high in a few days.

Lastly big congrats to HRG on another pole & doing the feature/sprint double, and well done to the respective podium finishers.

Reactions: Delaney

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
Hey look at that... I get punished AGAIN because somebody else left me nowhere to go.

Why am I not surprised.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying - P13
Another disastrous qualifying for me. The last round it was due to mistakes, this week it was due to a distraction. I was just about to cross the end of Sector 1 when suddenly I was shown yellow flags. I had no idea what had happened or what it was for and couldn't see with the right hander being a blind corner due to the wall there. So I took it easy to find out it was @Delaney who must have gone off on his out-lap and ended up deciding not to do a lap even though he had time. So I'm not sure why he aborted but regardless, the situation was a bit annoying. It's not like he was near the corner itself either to be fair but the game showed yellow flags and caused the distraction. In the end, I qualified 13th with a 1:13.867. Safe to say this was way off my PB.

Feature Race - P9
Had a great start off the line to move quickly into P10 before finding a small gap on the inside of T1 to move briefly into P7. Ended up side by side with @mikmakmok and at the time I wasn't sure if he backed out of the next corner, just as we found a slow moving @BL99DY-NINE. I was going to go around the left but Mik suddenly came into view and so I quickly reacted to go around the right side of Bl99dy to avoid him and to also end up gaining a position. Mik and I battled for a few more laps until I was finally able to pull away a bit on Lap 5 and started to gain on @Jamie9000000. Jamie and I then battled for a couple of laps until I hit the wall on the exit of the penultimate corner which allowed @Wobbuffet to gain quickly on me. I didn't have an answer to him and he overtook me on Lap 10, dropping me now to P7. Them two then started to pull away as I started to struggle until RK went off on Lap 13 which gave me the position again.

Can't fully remember the thinking process now but I ended up pitting on Lap 15 and ended up being jumped from @leedamastr behind who pitted at the same time, as well as jumped by @Wobbuffet who pitted a lap later. Lee and I would end up battling for a bunch of laps and swapping places now and again as we caught up to @Jamie9000000 who had served a penalty. I think on Lap 22 I gave up the fight as I just couldn't shake Lee and felt he was quicker, which proved evidently as once he got passed once more, he and Jamie pulled away. I was then on my own as the gap increased while @BL99DY-NINE was slowly starting to gain on me. Lap 31 he attacked and got passed and again, I just didn't have a response. So in the end I had to settle with a pretty disappointing P9.

Sprint Race - P6
Started P11 and maintained the position until near the end of the first lap when there was an incident, before having my own incident with @Wobbuffet at T1. (Sorry.)
I was able to get past @mikmakmok around the outside for the next corner before having to go super defensive for the hairpin as we nearly ended up four wide haha. I maintained the position as I started the battle with @leedamastr who I passed, as well two other drivers heading towards the hairpin and ended up three wide where I lost out again to Lee. We would battle all the way through the first stint while losing out to the usual faster cars as they made their way through before we ended up pitting on Lap 7.

The order out would stay the same but I managed to undercut @Bankai_Bullett and @Wedgybo to find myself now into P3! I had a nice front row seat briefly to what looked to be a good battle between @HRacingGreen and @Browneskiii, while having to deal with my own seemingly never-ending battle with @leedamastr haha. He'd overtake me once again and Bankai soon followed and went past too. I was able to make one last attempt at passing Lee again at T1 on Lap 13 and thought I had the move, but he ended up doing the switchback and got right back past me again haha. Great racing! Unfortunately that would be it but was able to remain somewhat close to them, but I soon had Wedgy and @Hasnain on my tail. Hasnain would end up getting me at the hairpin on the last lap to relegate me to finishing P6.

Conclusion
Wish I had written this sooner when it was still fresh in my mind as I can't remember things now haha. With that being said:

Qualifying as said, was a disaster. Maybe I should have ignored the yellow flags and just gone for it still, but I had no idea what had happened or if there was a car spun on the racing line or if it was ghosted or not etc. In the end, they were along the side of the road, and down the road away from the corner itself, out of the way. So yeah... Annoying but ah well I guess.
The Feature Race started well enough before I started to struggle. Oddly enough, I felt I had better pace in the Sprint Race which I think generally isn't the case. I think I recall not being as quick in the Feature Race as I was doing in practices but I'm not certain on that now haha. Regardless, what I do know is that it was a difficult round and that I was going to joke afterwards saying never make me race here again please haha. Hopefully have a better race at Spain.

Reactions: BL99DY-NINE

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Qualifying - P13
Another disastrous qualifying for me. The last round it was due to mistakes, this week it was due to a distraction. I was just about to cross the end of Sector 1 when suddenly I was shown yellow flags. I had no idea what had happened or what it was for and couldn't see with the right hander being a blind corner due to the wall there. So I took it easy to find out it was @Delaney who must have gone off on his out-lap and ended up deciding not to do a lap even though he had time. So I'm not sure why he aborted but regardless, the situation was a bit annoying. It's not like he was near the corner itself either to be fair but the game showed yellow flags and caused the distraction. In the end, I qualified 13th with a 1:13.867. Safe to say this was way off my PB.

Feature Race - P9
Had a great start off the line to move quickly into P10 before finding a small gap on the inside of T1 to move briefly into P7. Ended up side by side with @mikmakmok and at the time I wasn't sure if he backed out of the next corner, just as we found a slow moving @BL99DY-NINE. I was going to go around the left but Mik suddenly came into view and so I quickly reacted to go around the right side of Bl99dy to avoid him and to also end up gaining a position. Mik and I battled for a few more laps until I was finally able to pull away a bit on Lap 5 and started to gain on @Jamie9000000. Jamie and I then battled for a couple of laps until I hit the wall on the exit of the penultimate corner which allowed @Wobbuffet to gain quickly on me. I didn't have an answer to him and he overtook me on Lap 10, dropping me now to P7. Them two then started to pull away as I started to struggle until RK went off on Lap 13 which gave me the position again.

Can't fully remember the thinking process now but I ended up pitting on Lap 15 and ended up being jumped from @leedamastr behind who pitted at the same time, as well as jumped by @Wobbuffet who pitted a lap later. Lee and I would end up battling for a bunch of laps and swapping places now and again as we caught up to @Jamie9000000 who had served a penalty. I think on Lap 22 I gave up the fight as I just couldn't shake Lee and felt he was quicker, which proved evidently as once he got passed once more, he and Jamie pulled away. I was then on my own as the gap increased while @BL99DY-NINE was slowly starting to gain on me. Lap 31 he attacked and got passed and again, I just didn't have a response. So in the end I had to settle with a pretty disappointing P9.

Sprint Race - P6
Started P11 and maintained the position until near the end of the first lap when there was an incident, before having my own incident with @Wobbuffet at T1. (Sorry.)
I was able to get past @mikmakmok around the outside for the next corner before having to go super defensive for the hairpin as we nearly ended up four wide haha. I maintained the position as I started the battle with @leedamastr who I passed, as well two other drivers heading towards the hairpin and ended up three wide where I lost out again to Lee. We would battle all the way through the first stint while losing out to the usual faster cars as they made their way through before we ended up pitting on Lap 7.

The order out would stay the same but I managed to undercut @Bankai_Bullett and @Wedgybo to find myself now into P3! I had a nice front row seat briefly to what looked to be a good battle between @HRacingGreen and @Browneskiii, while having to deal with my own seemingly never-ending battle with @leedamastr haha. He'd overtake me once again and Bankai soon followed and went past too. I was able to make one last attempt at passing Lee again at T1 on Lap 13 and thought I had the move, but he ended up doing the switchback and got right back past me again haha. Great racing! Unfortunately that would be it but was able to remain somewhat close to them, but I soon had Wedgy and @Hasnain on my tail. Hasnain would end up getting me at the hairpin on the last lap to relegate me to finishing P6.

Conclusion
Wish I had written this sooner when it was still fresh in my mind as I can't remember things now haha. With that being said:

Qualifying as said, was a disaster. Maybe I should have ignored the yellow flags and just gone for it still, but I had no idea what had happened or if there was a car spun on the racing line or if it was ghosted or not etc. In the end, they were along the side of the road, and down the road away from the corner itself, out of the way. So yeah... Annoying but ah well I guess.
The Feature Race started well enough before I started to struggle. Oddly enough, I felt I had better pace in the Sprint Race which I think generally isn't the case. I think I recall not being as quick in the Feature Race as I was doing in practices but I'm not certain on that now haha. Regardless, what I do know is that it was a difficult round and that I was going to joke afterwards saying never make me race here again please haha. Hopefully have a better race at Spain.
If You go off on Your out lap, Your out. The danger of You (Read: Me) being in way of others is too big

• Informative
Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Had a clean lap but was still surprised that it put me P2. I knew I didn't have the pace to pull away at the front so just tried to hang on to the slipstream as much as possible. Tried the 2 stop just to do something different but it didn't really work out though I don't think it made much difference to the result. Sprint race I managed to keep out of trouble though I probably didn't get through the field quickly enough but no complaints was a fun race. All in all relatively happy with the results couldn't have done too much better with my pace on the day.
Congrats to Harry on the wins and well done to Browneskii, Stevo and Lee on their podiums

Highlights