PS4 AOR GTSL SEASON 14 GR.X VINTAGE CUP | RD.4 | NURBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE | 29/10/20

HRacingGreen

2 Time GT Sport League Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
1603453924506.png

Official Driver List:

1. @KaBallin [Communist_Minion] - Finnish - 45 ms
  2. @jutngo [jutngo] - Northern Irish - 29 ms
  3. @GKRT_PinkiiBoii [GKRT-PinkiiBoii] - Scottish/Indian - 35 ms
  4. @Browneskiii [Browneskii] - British - 10 ms
  5. @Jamie9000000 [jamie9000000] - British - 21ms
  6. @Wedgybo [Wedgybo] - Scottish - 15ms
  7. @HRacingGreen [HRacingGreen91] - British - 25 ms
  8. @BL99DY-NINE [BL99DY-NINE] - American - 118 ms
  9. @Delaney [RoninGT-Delaney] - Danish - 32 ms
  10. @mikmakmok [mikmakmok] - Scottish - 11ms
  11. @leedamastr [X_L33TH3R34P3R_X] - British - 89 ms
  12. @wisok [qisok] - British - 7 ms
  13. @Wobbuffet [Ragna_Kagari] - British - 7ms
  14. @Hasnain [Hasnain282] - British - 10 ms
  15. @SolidNinjaSnake [SolidNinjaSnake] - British - 15ms
  16. @Heinehegn [Heinehegn] - Danish - 11ms
Reserves:

1. @corey_butler [mrt-nagaul] - British - 60ms

Resigned:

1. @sevenpanda

Resigned due to No show's or other issues (Banned):

----------------------------------

Qualifying
There will not be a qualifying session for this round. The grid for the singular, 1-hour race will be determined by Reverse Drivers' Championship Standings, and will be posted once positions have been confirmed following the preceding round.

Save Your Replay
As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

If you are unable to attend a race please contact a league coordinator at least 1 hour prior to the event start time. Failure to notify a Coordinator of your absence will subject you to disciplinary action up to and including your dismissal from AOR GT Sport League.

Preliminary Results
S14_F_RD4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Calendar says 5th November so which date is right?

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oxford
Calendar says 5th November so which date is right?
I'd imagine the title is correct, surely there is no break week in a 4 week season?

Looking forward to this one much more than Le Mans though, it's one of my favourite circuits, and it's going to be awful for overtaking which is always fun.

My guess is that we're gonna get a midfield winner, probably one who starts front to mid pack and can take advantage on the opening lap and just pull away while everyone else fights.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Should it be incorrect the title and the calendar right, then I'm in favour of moving it forward to next week instead haha.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
USA
Stewards Notes

1. Due to the length of this circuit, Drivers are required to serve any game awarded track limits abuse penalties within the next four (4) sectors.
2. Drivers are advised to display their hazard lights and/ or make notification in the voice chat group to safely announce their intention to enter the pit lane prior to Tiergarten.
3. There will be further instructions regarding race start procedure following Sunday's free practice session.
4. Good luck, have fun(y)

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
USA
Stewards Notes (Addendum)

Race Start Procedure
1. From release of Auto-Drive, there is to be no overtaking before the Start/ Finish line
2. Drivers are to maintain a minimum gap of 2 car lengths to the driver in front in order to prevent sandbagging and/ or other chicanery
3. Fun you shall have, luck be upon you

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Aarhus
Just a few notes on things talked about last night (Monday) or a small History Lesson
  • Schwedenkreutz - Hans Friedrich Datenberg, a former mayor of Kehlberg and tax collector for Adenau, was hijacked and slain at this point in 1638 by stray Swedish soldiers. The 2.90 m cross still exists.
  • Fuchsrohre - Construction work on the Nordschleife came to a temporary halt here. A flushed fox holed up in a drain pipe. The construction workers spontaneously gave this section of the track its current name.
  • German "Forst" (As in Adenauer Forst) is indeed a Forrest and not as I mentioned, a small forrest.
  • Wehrseifen - Seifen is an old Keltic word for valley. This area was the border between the rulers of Adenauer and those from Breidscheid.
  • Ex-Mühle - was back in the days where the Mill for Adenauer was situated. This area was originally meant to be the Start/Finish but the Miller wouldn't sell the land for it to happen. Today it's one of the places, where You can enter the track.
  • Kesselshen - Means small basin. The name came about during the construction work because the circuit at this point passes through a basin (German: "Talkessel").
  • Steilstrecke - The "Steilstrecke" (steep section), that would pass straight through the forest along the section of track of the same name, was originally built for automobile tests. An up to 27 % incline at that time was a real test of strength for vehicles, some allegedly even flipped over backwards. The well-kept steep section, which is no longer in use, is crossed by visitors heading for the Caracciola-Karussell.
  • Hohe Acht - The hill of the same name, at 746 metres the highest point in the Eifel, can be found here near the race circuit.
  • Hedwigshöhe - Takes its name from the first name of the wife of the Landrat (district administrator) Dr. Creutz, the spiritual godfather of the Nürburgring. She enjoyed the view from this point while her husband was on the construction site.
  • Galgen Kopf - This was the former site of the gallows where the Earls of Nürburg held their public executions.
  • Tier Garten - Former burial ground for animals that died in combat.
  • NORDSCHLEIFE​

The Green Hell Legend
    Since its construction (1925 - 1927), the Nordschleife has enjoyed a reputation as a terrifying and merciless route through the Eifel forests. An English journalist who visited the Nordschleife during the opening race on 18 June 1927 even concluded “that it seemed as if a reeling, drunken giant had been sent out to determine the route”. The Formula 1 pilot Sir John Young Jackie Stewart – after all a three-time world champion in 1969, 1971 and 1973 – was so impressed by the circuit that he gave it the name which it will probably never lose: Green Hell (Grüne Hölle).
  • Nobody less than Rudolf Caracciola won the first car race on the newly built racetrack on June 19, 1927 in the supercharged Mercedes. This was the beginning of a very special relationship between the pilots and the original 172 bend.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I was just checking the standings and something I noticed is I believe HRG has been given a point for his dsc last round, I wouldn't have normally mentioned this if he had done half the race as its bad enough for him that he dsc'd in the first place.

However that extra point could still make a difference as theoretically should Browneskii also suffer a early unexpected dsc this thursday then HRG could still win the championship, its why that extra point he's been given could make a big difference even if they are highly unlikely circumstances needed to happen.

Stewards Notes (Addendum)

Race Start Procedure
1. From release of Auto-Drive, there is to be no overtaking before the Start/ Finish line
2. Drivers are to maintain a minimum gap of 2 car lengths to the driver in front in order to prevent sandbagging and/ or other chicanery
So I'm assuming there is an issue of some kind with the rolling start here?
Also to help point 2 above go smoothly, maybe it would be wise to ask that every should just maintain speed after release of auto-drive?

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Aarhus
I was just checking the standings and something I noticed is I believe HRG has been given a point for his dsc last round, I wouldn't have normally mentioned this if he had done half the race as its bad enough for him that he dsc'd in the first place.

However that extra point could still make a difference as theoretically should Browneskii also suffer a early unexpected dsc this thursday then HRG could still win the championship, its why that extra point he's been given could make a big difference even if they are highly unlikely circumstances needed to happen.
I have just checked and the spreadsheet apparently has an error where the calculator doesn't disregard the point being "DSC'ed". We'll have a look at it, because this is not ideal.

As You can see everything is kept nice and tidy, so what could possibly go wrong
1603871631516.png

So I'm assuming there is an issue of some kind with the rolling start here?
Also to help point 2 above go smoothly, maybe it would be wise to ask that every should just maintain speed after release of auto-drive?
Well as BL99DY write in the STEWARDS Notes, You and all others are to keep a 2 car lengths distance to the car in front and that'll cover this issue just fine in our opinion

• Informative
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oxford
Is anyone else struggling to post anything on the mobile version? The forums have completely changed and has broken on my phone whenever I try to post

HRacingGreen

Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Is anyone else struggling to post anything on the mobile version? The forums have completely changed and has broken on my phone whenever I try to post
Yeah the forum is a mess. It barely works on both my phone or laptop.

Seems the money is running out, so we've reverted to a much cheaper version of XenForo...

• Agree
Reactions: Wobbuffet

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Scotland
Yeah the forum is a mess. It barely works on both my phone or laptop.

Seems the money is running out, so we've reverted to a much cheaper version of XenForo...
I had that issue the other day. I switched it to dark mode and it stared working again

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
So as we head into the final round of the season tonight, heres the state of the play at the top of the drivers & teams standings.

On 88 points and leading the drivers is Browneskii, in 2nd is Hasnain on 67, 3rd is myself on 60 and 4th is HRG on 55, these are the only drivers that can mathematically win the drivers championship and written below is what each driver requires in this race to take championship honours.

Ok starting with championship leader Browneskii, well with a commanding 21 point lead he has a very nice cushion and has a very simple task to secure it:
Finish at least 7th - and thats only if Hasnain wins,
should Browneskii finish 8th then he would need the FL point in those circumstances
If Hasnain finishes 2nd however then Browneskii would require only 12th.

Next up is Hasnain where obviously his best chance of overhauling Browneskii is by winning tonight, his championship winning scenarios are:
Win the race and Browneskii to finish 8th (no FL) or lower
Finish 2nd and Browneskii to finish 13th (no FL) or lower
3rd could still be enough for Hasnain however that would require a Browneskii DNF (a dsc) and Wobbuffet not winning.

With myself and a 28 point deficit the scenarios are pretty simple for me:
Win the race and take the FL, Browneskii to finish 13th or lower (which becomes 14th or even 15th depending if someone else gets the FL or he does)
& Hasnain to finish no higher then 3rd as well if the above happens and I don't get the FL.

Finally HRG who with a 33 point deficit has a very simple scenario:
He must win the race and take the FL to get a maximum 33 points, Browneskii to DNF (a dsc) before the end of lap 6 (as if he completes 75% distance then I believe he's guaranteed at least half a point at that stage)
If the above happens then Hasnain must not finish higher then 4th.
Though on the flipside HRG will be eliminated from the championship contention the moment Browneskii reaches lap 7.

If I was to rate each drivers championship chances via percentages it would be something like this:
Browneskii 94.3%
Hasnain 4.5%
Myself 1%
HRG 0.2%

Just to explain my thinking behind those percentages I think when you include all the factors in the game and outside of it, then I think around once in 22 the race circumstances would play out that Hasnain comes out on top.

With myself it would be about a 1 in a 100 shot - basically a disaster occurring to Browneskii but I don't need a dnf to happen to him, as for HRG well he needs the stars to align and everything to go exactly his way, you could easily argue his chances are less then a fifth of a percent (which equates to 1 in 500), but none of us can put a number on a dsc occurring to any driver during a race let alone happening to Browneskii, but its a variable that is still a possibility.

Moving on to the teams, theres once again 4 teams with a mathematical chance but the winners will highly likely be either Wheelie Bad or Ace Autosport.
As BEMMS who are 3rd currently are 44 points behind and need a minimum 2nd & 3rd to have any chance, as for Disco Tech as they are 51 behind - nothing less then a 1-2 is required to give them any chance.

But currently the gap between Wheelie Bad and Ace Autosport is just 5 points so again we're likely to see the teams go down to the wire and be a nail biter, either way we're guaranteed new team champions this season.
Wheelie Bad are looking for there first but it would also be the first for the Ace Autosport pairing of Hasnain & SNS. (however Hasnain has won the teams previously by himself in S7 so it would be his 2nd teams championship)

Just a further notable stat Hasnain and SNS have been runners up 3 times in the teams over the seasons (S5, S12 & S13), even just missing out on a tiebreaker after finishing dead level on points with Benetton Invicta last season, so will it be 4th time lucky for them this season or will Wheelie Bad deny them and make it a 3rd season in a row for Ace Autosport finishing runners-up.

Browneskiii

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oxford
Come on! The double for the team! @mikmakmok last lap overtakes seals it for us, makes up for the spin earlier in the race ;)

But I think I've now got the most podiums and 2nd places without a feature win. 7 times in a row it's now P2 in a feature race, 11 podiums without a win. But I've somehow got a championship. Crazy to think of that.

But after sweating that season, I'm going to take a bit of a break, I'll be at the Xmas cup, but I'm taking a good 2-3 weeks off to just slow down a bit mentally. Maybe join a few practices if I get bored though.

Feel bad for @Hasnain and @SolidNinjaSnake for losing out by minimal points in the championship again. You guys are so consistent together it's so hard to beat you.

Thank you all for the season, was great fun.

HRacingGreen

Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Come on! The double for the team! @mikmakmok last lap overtakes seals it for us, makes up for the spin earlier in the race ;)

But I think I've now got the most podiums and 2nd places without a feature win. 7 times in a row it's now P2 in a feature race, 11 podiums without a win. But I've somehow got a championship. Crazy to think of that.

But after sweating that season, I'm going to take a bit of a break, I'll be at the Xmas cup, but I'm taking a good 2-3 weeks off to just slow down a bit mentally. Maybe join a few practices if I get bored though.

Feel bad for @Hasnain and @SolidNinjaSnake for losing out by minimal points in the championship again. You guys are so consistent together it's so hard to beat you.

Thank you all for the season, was great fun.

Congrats man, your consistency is pretty incredible. Well deserved.

HRacingGreen

Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
As for my race, well i did almost everything i could (save for losing the FL by 6 tenths) but it was out of my hands from the get-go and I never expected to win the title after last week.

Opening 2 laps were very frantic, tbh it was some of the most erratic and scary driving I've seen since the S12 Sprint Races and I feel quite lucky I was able to pick my way through and avoid the carnage. Thankfully I think it was just a one-off due to the track and car combo but still, not good to see.

Once I hit the front at the end of L2 I decided I wanted to make the most of the clear track and went for a 3-lap opening stint. Pitting L3 for tyres, I opted for a short 2-lap stint to avoid the traffic which worked pretty well, building a big gap behind me once everyone started to get back into sync. Made it harder than it needed to be for myself by dropping it just before YouTube corner and picking up a ton of damage on L5 before I stopped, meaning what would have been a 20 second to lead to Browneskii after the stops was just a 7 second one. Pulled another 3-lap stint to end the race and try to nab FL with 2 attempts, but by L8 the tyres were cooked and I was losing a lot of time, ending up just a few seconds ahead, but with the win.

Overall I was happy with the race, the racing was fun and it was the first time I really enjoyed the car all season; the run from Karussell onwards was immense fun, and I felt super quick through that section every lap (bar the F on L5), and obviously the result is what I wanted.

For the season in general, its obviously hard not to feel hard done by in these circumstances considering my results when I did finish. I was cost a chunk of points in the R1SR and then the DSC at Le Mans killed me off altogether. Despite my distaste for the car, I've felt like I've driven pretty well (especially in the longer races) and proved that I'd have been able to push the title all the way without the DSC. That's the thing with these short seasons though, there's 0 room for error, either your own or out of your control. For it to come down to something like that to put me out of it is a positive in itself though, as before the season i was quite ready to be 2nd or 3rd best every week and had sort of written the season off altogether before it even began, so its been a surprise for sure. Most importantly though, the curse of the Invicta #1 truly is real...never again.

As for next season, I'm unsure on where I stand. I'm still feeling competitive and don't want to have to wait til January for some meaningful racing again, but on the other hand I'm coming up to 50 consecutive starts and that's been a long old slog since March. We'll see. if I do come back for S15, its title or bust, I was driving pissed off tonight and it felt good, so more of that I think.

(As an aside, tonight was my 51st start and 17th win and 27th podium, taking me to 1 win every 3 races and a podium every 1.8 races on average. Not bad.)

EDIT: Much further aside, can anyone see my signature below my posts? Haven't been able to see it since the forum update and I can't work out how to fix it.

Jamie9000000

Pro Karter
Jul 9, 2020
England
So my race tonight was a bit of a disaster. Gave Lee a nice punt on lap 1, then he span, then I span, then he span, then I span again and dropped to last.

Managed to catch up to Lee before I stopped on lap 2 ( was doing the opposite to Lee) but he must have had a poor lap as I caught right up before he stopped.

Had a bit of a lonely race after that, caught up to my team mate who held me up a bit, then Lee made his 2nd stop and came out 2.5 seconds ahead.

Lap 6 was a fun one as it was a good battle with Lee, through most of the lap. Before he pitted and I was on my own again for the rest of the race.

My goal was to simply keep it on the track. I failed at that, but at least the 2nd half of the race was a bit better and did SOME laps without having an off.

Reactions: Wedgybo and Delaney

Wedgybo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland
Race Report

Didn't come last. Happy.

Massive congrats on the both championships @Browneskiii and on the teams one @mikmakmok. @HRacingGreen Gutted we were denied a showdown for the title with the disconnect.

@GKRT_PinkiiBoii thanks for having us this season. The car was fun to drive. How's that competitive auto pilot tech coming along?

Thanks for a fun season everyone. Was some nice racing with pretty much everyone which was very enjoyable. See you guys at the next one!