PC AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - Main Thread

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018

AOR Project CARS 2 IMSA Lights Endurance League
Main Thread

This is the main thread for the AOR PC IMSA Lights Endurance League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race day: Thursdays
Event start: 8:15PM (UK time)

Important Links:
League Information
League Rules
Sign-ups

Discord:
Make sure to get on our Discord server well before the race and ask for permission to join the Project CARS 2 voice channels. You should be in the Discord voice channel for the race to get information regarding the manual rolling start. During the race you should keep unnecessary chatter to a minimum. Make sure to read the league rules regarding Lobby etiquette.

Drivers who are not on Discord by 8:15pm (UK time) risk losing their spot to reserve drivers.

The link to our Discord server and all necessary information can be found HERE.

Contacts:
League Organizer: @Logan
League Assistant: @AndrexUK
League Host: @TicklishPicklewickle

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: D.Brezancic

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
To all,

I do understand your frustration and believe me it frustrates us as coordinators that we could only do one tier. I would absolutely love to have a second tier of drivers, it would make it more competitive and everyone would have an opportunity to race, however based on past experience in Endurance, about 50% of the drivers will drop out by the end of the season. I would love to see this proven wrong but there is know way to guarantee it not happening. And there is no way for us to know who is going to drop out.

What you also should understand is that this league isn't necessarily about being the fastest. It is an ENTRY LEVEL league and thus we would like to get as many racing on a FULL GRID as possible. With a high tendency for dropouts it's just better to make sure that we have nearly as many reserves as expected drop outs. In this case 13 are likely to drop so we need at least 13 reserves. That then leaves only 8 for a second tier and racing multiclass with fewer than 16 is not a great experience, just ask the console guys. Part of the PC experience is large grids and a lot of drivers are excited about the large grid, it's a huge part of multiclass.

Another point I should make here is that some of your questions can be answered just by reading the OP. Please please read these before asking your question, and if your question isn't something that should be kept private please ask in the Main Thread. It makes it a lot easier on us as coordinators to not have to repeated answer the same question.

Last thing is that if you are disappointed with your placement I do apologize but given the intended purpose of this league, first come first serve was the absolute best way to place drivers (assuming they did a time trial and evaluation).

In the next season, to avoid this issue again, help us get to 60 or 70 sign-ups! Spread the word around and get others excited about this league. I want it to be bigger and as good as it can be but I do need your help to do that. Whether it be feedback or driving interest.

And please prove us wrong about drop outs. I would love to be able to confidently create a second tier knowing that the grids will remain full.

-Logan

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
Driver list for Race:
LMP3 (14):

I apologize for tagging everyone again, however I do want to be clear about a few things after yet another incident with a dissatisfied driver today.

1. Any questions about your placement in the league is clearly and has been clearly explained from the start. Do not ask us why you were placed where you were. See the post above for a more thorough explanation.
2. I am a very light-hearted person and want everyone to have a chance to make their point about an incident or question something that does not currently have an answer. I have no problem with any of that. I will not however tolerate anyone attacking either myself or any other coordinator involved in any league that I have a role in. You will be warned and per the rules receive a strike toward being blacklisted.
3. If you have a concern about the league or if I placed you in the wrong class, I apologize. Please let me know kindly and I will resolve the situation. It is a lot to handle a league and I was overwhelmed with the number of sign-ups that I did receive.
4. I will make mistakes throughout the season, I am not perfect nor can I devote all of my free time to this league. Coordinators are volunteers and we do not get any sort of return for running these leagues. We all will make mistakes, please just be kind when you let us know.
5. Please, whatever you do, try to enjoy whatever chance you get to race in this league. We are doing everything within our power in the background to make things as enjoyable as possible. I am sorry for those of you that got placed as a reserve, we are trying our best to obtain the best racing and full grids are necessary for that. We had to be fair about placements and as said above first come, first served with all requirements completed was the best way to do that.

I look forward to continuing to run this league and making the best it possibly can be, but I do need all of you to help me do that, and help to keep me interested in maintaining it. After so long of seeing a long list of complaining drivers, it makes you want to let it go.

I hope everyone that races tomorrow has a great race!

-Logan

dakuza

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 8, 2018
Sorry for late notice but I will be a no show reserve today at COTA. Will be helping in the GT3 eval race today.

Reactions: Logan

GTS - Pushdum

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 27, 2018
Hello Logan,
I'm going to holidays the 26 of January and I will come back the 9 of February,
So I will be absent for
- Watkins Glen
-Laguna Seca
I wil be OK for the other races.
Thanks, See you soon.

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
Round 2 thread has been posted!

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
Standing have also just been posted.

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
Hey all just wanted to let you know that we are going to be doing a wide variety of class testing over the next few months in order to bring some possible new diversity to endurance racing on AOR. You can check out the first testing session here: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/endurance-class-testing-saturday-16-02-19-4pm-uk-time-silvertsone.52031/#post-721589

Also the general interest thread is here: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/gauging-interest-in-other-endurance-classes.51821/

Please let me know if you have any ideas! Really looking to increase the draw to multi-class and endurance racing!

F4H MaR4uDer

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 3, 2017
@Logan @AndrexUK @SmokingPuppy841 Please make a new rule, this should be about 107%, can not compete in any championship someone who has 15 seconds more in qualifying, yesterday I had a lot of problems with pilots of LMP3 that I was going to bend and made me brake demasaido to bend me, causing me to waste excessive time.

Also that any new driver in the forum and in any competition must have run an evaluation race, to know how to behave on the track at the time of competing in all its areas, any pilot who has already competed in previous championships will be evaluated his results in these competitions, even if he has not completed one of the races of evaluation of that tournament, this will serve to be a fixed pilot or reserve, or to be excluded due to lack of data about that pilot.

Yesterday the pilot of LMP3 J.Peaches made a qualifying lap of 1:30, while the pole position was at 1:15, in the race when he doubled me he lost a lot of time and one of the times I trumpeted in front of me and another one to my hitting me, even if I do not get off track, please take my proposal into consideration.

There were also more pilots who had this type of incident but without causing any accidents.

• Informative

Pirate

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
@Logan Just wanted to let you know that I am able to step up to a main spot now that I know my schedule.

• Informative

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Endurance Season 5 signups are now open:

Tagging IMSA drivers:

1. @Flaming Parrot - British - LMP3
  2. @Minesco2 - British - LMP3
3. @Gosutoo - French - LMP3
  1. @wolfgang - German - GT4
  1. @TicklishPicklewickle -Danish - GT4
  2. @BrakeCheck101 - Scottish - GT4
  3. @D.Brezancic - Serbian - LMP3
  4. @Beau - British - LMP3
  5. @TX3 FusionFR - French - GT4
10. @TX3 Hervé - French - LMP3
  1. @AndrexUK - Scottish - GT4
  2. @J Peaches - American - LMP3
  3. @IntergalacticGentleman - American - LMP3
  4. @Twyst3r - French - LMP3
  5. @Col.McCoy - Dutch - GT4
  6. @GTS - Pushdum - French - GT4
  7. @RT93 Clown 93 - French - LMP3
  8. @mpc-v1 - British - LMP3
  9. @Nila - Swedish - GT4
  10. @F4H MaR4uDer - Spanish - GT4
  11. @GTS - Kimaille - French - LMP3
  12. @Smolda - Czech - LMP3
  13. @Scott Burnett - Scottish - LMP3
  14. @Milogamer1986 - British - GT4
  15. @David Simon - British - GT4
  16. @Ruddybird - American - LMP3
  17. @InFeRno - French - LMP3
  18. @Logan - American - LMP3
  19. @Martinez Maxime - French - LMP3
  20. @GTS - Nahli - French - GT4
  21. @Rascal - British - LMP3
  22. @Andrew Harper - British - LMP3
  23. @Carlito - French - GT4
  24. @EIPayton1331 - American - GT4
  25. @GTS - Jeremy - French - LMP3
  26. @XzweN - American - LMP3
  27. @Taz - British - LMP3
  28. @ScottV - British - GT4
  29. @monjessenstein - Dutch - LMP3
  30. @I_Barclaycard - British - LMP3
  31. @Reymps - German - LMP3
  32. @TM aidtheace - British - LMP3
  33. @MonkeyMadness - Dutch - ?
  34. @Doogle_Gamer84 - British - GT4
  35. @BMW /// M-Power - Austrian - GT4
  36. @atlasgehirn424 - Italian - GT4
  37. @aaren - Portuguese - LMP3
  38. @Loon - German - LMP3

Reserves by choice:
  1. @dakuza - Finnish - GT4
  2. @Pirate - German - LMP3/GT4

Reactions: ScottV

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Thanks so much for the update, had just checked for this the other day but must've been right before it was announced

Logan

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 13, 2018
Hey guys,

Just posted a social race in some classic monsters of endurance! Will be doing the 24 hours of Le Mans in the LMP900 and GT1's. Go check it out! It should be a blast!

Andrew Harper

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2018
Hi @AndrexUK

Thanks for the tag, for some reason I didn't get notification of it via email so I'll check my email filters.

Anyway a bit of good news from my side. I recently got the broadband upgraded. Took about three weeks once I'd signed the contract.

I'm now about three times faster download (from about 9 to 37) but more importantly about ten times faster uploading (from 0.5 to 5.0), Ping of about 10 which is great. Still not as fast as fibre (not available on Guernsey as such) but it doesn't matter; it works well and it's solid.

So I may opt to do a special event on here rather than a league and see how things go. I know that PC2 still has this nasty habit of ejecting people at random sometimes but I just wanted to make my connection more stable at first.

My next decision is to whether try the TP Powerline connection or run the cable through the house again. Powerline speed is fine (I can play 4k YouTube via the TV with no issues) however I've noticed that after a few hours the connection does drop slightly and then recovers. Not a big deal for general usage but I would be slightly concerned for online racing.

Annoyingly one issue I have at the moment is my Fanatec Clubsport V2 pedals are driving me crazy! lol. I'm going to give them a good cleanup and see if that helps. I'm suffering from the 70% throttle issue a lot of users have with these pedals. I was running 2nd in a RF2 endurance race and then I realised I was getting into top gear less and less. I've had this issue for ages but my patience is starting to run out now.

I want to get myself a set of Heusinkveld Sprints but at the moment I'm looking at end of April or end of May before any more become available. HPP's are lovely but I keep reading differing reviews on those and in fairness having to post them to the US in the event of any problems does concern me slightly.

So I may just have to service the Fanatec's before every race to keep them behaving themselves. Until the next batch of Sprints become available.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
No problem.
Feel free to join the Evaluation races!
Don't have to sign up to the league, all are welcome!
The more the merrier!

Reactions: Andrew Harper