AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 1 - Circuit of the Americas | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR IMSA Lights Endurance S1 - ROUND 1 - Circuit of the Americas

John Pecchia

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 25, 2018
Wow never had such stutter problems in AOR race before. VR went blinding white a few times. My apologies on inside line in last turn. I think I should have waited assassinated the straight to pass. I paid the price for that impatience. 100% damage to readability around entire track to get back to life for the over one minute repair. I'll learn....I will learn!

D.Brezancic

F1 Champion
Mar 6, 2017
@ScottV There is no hard feelings of course....i already explained my problems during the race so nothing i could do about that. I had also damage and got to pit. I am glad you back on top in your class.
@Andrew Harper mate don't need to quit, maybe to check your pc or something. I was following you more than a half of the race and I just couldn't figure out where you on track. So didn't attack you because I had my problems too and didn't won't to ruin your race eventually. Hope both we will have no problems in the future.

Reactions: Andrew Harper

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
I see the comments about lagging, not sure why this is happening as I do lots of online leagues with no issues, maybe it's a game thing. too much data to process.
Although I've done PC2 races before with no problems, admittedly the field wasn't as large.
I can't afford the faster broadband on Guernsey at £50 per month (which is still a third of the speed of fibre so I envy you guys!)
I'm connected straight to the router so there's not much else I can do. So I may as well drop out of the league.
@Andrew Harper please don't quit the league if you possibly can. I had no problems with you lagging at all and I'm pretty sure you were close to me several times as you lapped me on two or three occasions, plus once in quali. As I say, I had no issues. I think it's probably a game bug/glitch etc and it happened to affect you this time for some users.

In terms of the race - I loved it. I think multiclass enduro is my favourite motor sport to drive in. Only thing I didn't like was COTA's kerbs through the esses :mad: SMS really need to fix how cars react to kerbs for PC3/PCR.

Just one other thing. I have to admit, I was taken by surprise at how many people didn't show up tonight. I thought we'd at least have a full lobby for this race, with one or two reserves unfortunately having to sit out. But we couldn't even get a full lobby :unsure:

There seemed to be a bit of backlash and misunderstanding about the reserves system, but I really don't think there's a better way to do it.

Hopefully some of the sceptics come back if they see Yorkie's stream. I certainly hope our numbers don't drop much lower.

BrakeCheck101

PS4 Triple Crown Le Mans GTE tier 2 Winner
Apr 19, 2017
Wow never had such stutter problems in AOR race before. VR went blinding white a few times. My apologies on inside line in last turn. I think I should have waited assassinated the straight to pass. I paid the price for that impatience. 100% damage to readability around entire track to get back to life for the over one minute repair. I'll learn....I will learn!
I had several screen freezes every couple of laps or so. Particularly for the first two thirds of the race.

Nila

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 21, 2018
First of all, Sorry Carlito(?). I touched your left rear ever so slightly and that sent both of us abit sideways in to a corner taking out some one in a LMP3 car. He caught some air and and landed on hes side :(

Cant remember who i was but if that person reeds this im sure he´ll know who im talking about. <--- was this you @Pirate
Soo so sorry for that. ive been racing for quite a while and, im not known for making such stupid mistakes.

After that incident i was feeling so much guilt that i had a hard time concentrate and pulling up any type of consistency.
After a spin i also decided to hit the pits witch put me in the last spot. Think @TicklishPicklewickle had to make a long pit stop after me, so that meant me ending up second to last.

I hope i can have a better race next week.

Also.
The stream on youtube that @Yorkie065 commented on shows as 1.39h long. but when i click it, it looks like only the last 52mins is watchable? Am i doing it wrong or why is that?

Reactions: GTS - Carlito

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
The stream on youtube that @Yorkie065 commented on shows as 1.39h long. but when i click it, it looks like only the last 52mins is watchable? Am i doing it wrong or why is that?
I am not sure, trying to look into it as I'm seeing the same thing as well.

• Agree
Reactions: AndrexUK and Nila

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
I am not sure, trying to look into it as I'm seeing the same thing as well.
@Nila and others, think it might be a processing thing. Hopefully after a bit of time it will sort itself out and show the full stream because as far as I was aware, there wasn't any issues once I had begun talking in the race lobby.

Reactions: Nila and AndrexUK

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
So, was aiming for no worse than a top 5!
Hoping for a top 3!

Was holding P2 in Qually for a loooong time, and was waiting for that top drop down the order.
Very happy with 3rd!

@ScottV was untouchable, but podium was on!
Planning to just hold 3rd, and take the final step of the podium for a solid score of points for ScoRex Racing.
But managed to get round @Col.McCoy on the tripple right hander.
Unfortunately, my early braking caught CM out a little into T1, and made contact with me, and we both turned round.
No worries from my side!
Dropped down to 4th or 5th, but was able to make my way back up to 2nd fairly quickly.
Then Scott picked up dmg and had to pit.
Clearly he had waaaay more pace, but I thought, this will make it interesting towards the end!

Sure enough, with 20 mins to go, he's back in 2nd, and chasing me down.
not sure what was with my pace, as the practice run I did, I was happily doing 2:16s/17s no problem. But tonight, it felt a lot less stable :(

Managed to get back to a decent pace in the final 10/15 mins, but Scott was just far too fast anyway.

Think J Peeches had some issues getting past us, but as Scott was right on my tail, Peeches ran a little wide on Turn 1, squeezing me off the track.
Scott dived up the inside, and we went side by side for a little bit, but then just let him go.

Wasn't planning on fighting at all, as there was little point, and far too much risk for the team points!

But super happy with P2!

Really good driving out there tonight guys!
A couple of times it wasn't perfect, but for race 1, I think everyone did extremely well!

Hope more turn up for Race 2, and that the Reserves now understand that turning up will get them in the race!

Grats @aidtheace for LMP3, and @ScottV for GT4!

Go ScoRex Racing!

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
@Logan
OP updated with Qually + Race results
For next race thread, can I ask you to make a 2nd post, and just reserve it for the results?
Cheers

Logan

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2018
Just a heads up to everyone I will try to get standings poster by Saturday morning ( no promises there). Still trying to correct the spreadsheet view in the thread.

Will also post the next race thread and the updated driver lists, Main and Reserves.

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
Well, that was a decent start of the season :) Didn't have much time to practise, after a few laps I realized it will be a close call with fuel. Also tyres were pretty cold.
So, in qualifying I tried few laps, got a decent time (by my standards anyway :-D ) and then tried softs. They were even worse though, so I used hards for the race.
When the race started, I found myself behind @D.Brezancic , which reminded me a race on this circuit couple months ago, when I was chasing him down for like 70 minutes or so :-D Unfortunately, he made a mistake - P4 for me. I was trying to save fuel and manage the gap to P5. The car got very slippery towards the end of the race, I lost some time and also realized, it's gonna be REALLY close with the fuel. I started the last lap with some 2.6 l of fuel in my car, but I needed around 3l per lap. Sweating like crazy, I tried not to use gas too much, shortshifting and coasting. I limped my way around the track to finish with 0.4l of fuel! P4 in the end is an amazing result if you ask me :-D

Also, I never eralized how hard it is to fight with someone, or defend, while driving through traffic! I made one or two not so good overtakes of slower cars, sorry for that :-(

Looking forward to the next race!

mpc-v1

AOR PS4 LMP2 TEC Champion
Oct 20, 2015
Had no choice but to retire. Screen was jumping all over the place. Lasted for 25 mins but just could not cope with it any longer.

Andrew Harper

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2018
Thanks for the comments everyone. Not 100% sure whether to continue or not. I don't want to cause any issues for obvious reasons.

I have heard of this issue before from other users (it's never effected me as far as I know) but tends to be a large grid problem (I think).

Screen stuttering, frame jumps, etc. I had some of that on the formation lap and first few laps (very minor though) but that was it. So I'm a bit confused.

As far as I'm aware I had zero issues around Silverstone?

The GT3 league I did on PC2 had about a dozen cars and none of us had problems, so not a huge field but an interesting comparison.

My ping test came back as 15 so that seems fine. My upload speed is very poor though so whether that's the issue I'm not sure.

Had a quick look last night and I can supposedly double my broadband connection speed for an extra tenner a month so I may consider it.

So once again sorry for the issues, here's my replay file if anyone wants it.

Well done to the winners and all the finishers; a good turnout last night and the pace up front was amazing :)

EDIT: Just reading some Project Cars 2 forums as mentioned above it seems to be a game issue as well, one league that was run on the nords had people constantly lagging and crashing into one another. The theory is it's partly the complex physics, crash modelling (the game stutters when there's big accident). However I'll keep looking into it and see what I can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndrexUK

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
@Yorkie065
Confirming Stream is showing the full recording now!
Did record my own race, and thinking about putting it up on Youtube, will see., as it was a rather pathetic attempt at in race commentary...

Reactions: Logan and Yorkie065

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
@Yorkie065
Confirming Stream is showing the full recording now!
Did record my own race, and thinking about putting it up on Youtube, will see., as it was a rather pathetic attempt at in race commentary...
Yup, make sure to give it a watch! Would love to hear feedback from you guys for improvements next time :)