AOR Indy 500 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Indy 500

Hamster4racing

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 23, 2015
Hey guys,

With the Indy 500 coming up, I thought it'd be a good idea to run one ourselves! The way we have to run it is a tad complicated, but I reckon I could do it.

Date
21st of May, 2017 at 6PM, BST. (1PM EST).

Cars
Chevy Indycar (any)
Honda Indycar (any)

Track
Duh

The way it must be run
We have to set the time limit to 4 Hours, and set it to distance travelled. There will be a pace lap, and so when the leader crosses the line with 502MI on his screen, he slows down and parks on the front straight. This is the way it has to be. There will also be cautions, if two or more people get damage from an impact, they will have to say and there will be a caution.

Qualifying will be on the 20th of May, at 7PM BST. If there is enough Americans in this, we'll have a second Quali session for them at a preferred time.

I will have missed stuff, so don't forget to ask questions and show interest below!

CHILLI112

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 30, 2016
Sounds like a good idea, I'll see if I can make it, but I've never heard of the track 'duh' before ;)

Last edited:

Tyre_Fyre

Junior Karter
May 5, 2017
I'm in. Are custom liveries allowed? Also will assists be available? I use normal steering and sometimes braking line but everything else is off. Maybe we could take this a little further and start an IndyCar league? We could have the full length Indy 500 as the final event.

Hamster4racing

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 23, 2015
Trouble is... We don't have anywhere near enough sign ups for this to take place, unfortunately

CHILLI112

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 30, 2016
Trouble is... We don't have anywhere near enough sign ups for this to take place, unfortunately
Should I go on some other forums (Failrace or TORA, for example) and try to get people to sign up on here? So that we have more popularity on the League

Tyre_Fyre

Junior Karter
May 5, 2017
Let's just not go crazy with the number of people involved. I watched someone try something like this on YouTube with only 13 cars and it was total carnage. Also would this be an official AOR race or would it be more of a exhibition race?

Hamster4racing

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 23, 2015
Let's just not go crazy with the number of people involved. I watched someone try something like this on YouTube with only 13 cars and it was total carnage. Also would this be an official AOR race or would it be more of a exhibition race?
It wouldn't be official, but I am trying to get as many as possible.
Are we having an actual safety car as well? What car will that be?
Probably not, since we're struggling for numbers. But if someone wants to volenteer then they can

Tyre_Fyre

Junior Karter
May 5, 2017
I have a AMG GT with an F1 safety car livery, I've been practicing for the actual race but my connection has been troublesome in the past. If I am lagging too much then I will be the SC driver