XB1 - AOR IndyCar League - Season 1 Time Trial Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR IndyCar League - Season 1 Time Trial Thread

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I did my TO but cannot post screen shots here.Did screen shot on Xbox and I am currently last at both tracks anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: Sean

aerosmudge

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
May 20, 2016
Thrustmaster Tmx with T3PA pedals. Or thrustmaster TX but with no upgrades
I bought the TMX pro (with T3PA pedals)

TX, the TMX is not the best wheel you cant feel any oversteer
I would have bought the TX, I am sure it is the better wheel, but would have cost me double the price of the TMX and for a first wheel I wasn't sure I wanted to pay that.

A wheel takes some getting used to though!

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
I bought the TMX pro (with T3PA pedals)

I would have bought the TX, I am sure it is the better wheel, but would have cost me double the price of the TMX and for a first wheel I wasn't sure I wanted to pay that.

A wheel takes some getting used to though!
It took me over a month to get on my pad pace and one more month to get a bit better lol

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
While it's true the TMX doesn't have force feedback it sure is a more than decent wheel especially if it's your first one. You'll have to rely on your sight/hearing for car behavior, but if you were a pad user it shouldn't be too hard. @aerosmudge

Personally the next wheel I'd go for would be the TX, for me it ticks most of the boxes for its price. Maybe that's because I owned a Madcatz MC2 a couple years ago (well I still have it, but it's useless) which was a bit similar to the TMX regarding features, so I really want to go for the next level of performance and comfort with the TX.

• Agree
Reactions: RAINB0W

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
While it's true the TMX doesn't have force feedback it sure is a more than decent wheel especially if it's your first one. You'll have to rely on your sight/hearing for car behavior, but if you were a pad user it shouldn't be too hard. @aerosmudge

Personally the next wheel I'd go for would be the TX, for me it ticks most of the boxes for its price. Maybe that's because I owned a Madcatz MC2 a couple years ago (well I still have it, but it's useless) which was a bit similar to the TMX regarding features, so I really want to go for the next level of performance and comfort with the TX.
The tmx has force feedback...

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
Gamertag/ID: WizardEwe0
Laguna Seca Lap Time (+Photo): 1:10.770
Road America Lap Time (+Photo): 1:48.926

lag.png
road.png

• Informative
Reactions: Sean

aerosmudge

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S7 Champion
May 20, 2016

Yeah, as a first wheel it's more than good enough. What is also good is I have the good pedals (T3PA), so that makes a difference

It took me over a month to get on my pad pace and one more month to get a bit better lol
Yeah, I am just about down to my pad pace now, but I have come from a pad on auto gears to a wheel and pedals on manual gears. Sometimes I don't know which button/foot to press!!!

All about practice

Reactions: Chiraq and Def

Dean Woods

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
there is a possibilty i could get a tx with t3pa's and a leather edition wheel if i win a bidding war

Def

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
there is a possibilty i could get a tx with t3pa's and a leather edition wheel if i win a bidding war
This is what I will put my money on hopefully.. nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: aerosmudge

Murphy

AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Oct 14, 2016
Lots of people missing @Def? Are we still running 2?
[DOUBLEPOST=1485644344][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I have the TMX, don't buy one

• Agree
Reactions: RAINB0W