Status
Not open for further replies.

andy_m

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2017
It's the restricted view that bothers me
Same here.

For years I used to drive using bumper cam so that I had a clear and unrestricted view. For a time, in GT5, I tried cockpit view but I just couldn't get on with it.

Then, when I bought P.CARS last month and started looking at Peeps replays I realised that most were using cockpit view. So I gave it a go.

Took a bit to get used to, at first, and each car has its own "problems," but I love it now.

I'm currently practicing Donington Park GP and I am finding the very last hair pin, at the start/finish straight a real pain. I find that I can't see my turn-in point to my left (it's a left hander) through the door window and I'm not that good that I can take a marker from my right.

So I tried both bumper and bonnet cam and hated the viewpoint. I found that I had to re-learn all the braking points and what have you and was making even more mistakes, so I decided to go back to cockpit view.

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
In my opinion and experiences with P.CARS leagues at AOR. Most have failed at some point. Well all of them ! . You need at least 16 full timers Plus 3 or 4 willing reserves (not casual ones):facepalm: for a 10 round Champs. For it to work .or you just end up with a handful of racers. If we started a league with 14 I can safely say that will be down to 9 or less by round 7 or so.
We all wanted this.(y) thats why we signed in the first place. But most PS4 racers on here have either switched to PC or are playing other racers now. .It's a torrid experience as well online :banghead: this is also another factor for leagues failing.

Last edited:

iSuperScrub

4 Time AOR Project Cars 1 Champion
Mar 29, 2014
Think hes had enough of pcars, not entirely sure......
Same here.

For years I used to drive using bumper cam so that I had a clear and unrestricted view. For a time, in GT5, I tried cockpit view but I just couldn't get on with it.

Then, when I bought P.CARS last month and started looking at Peeps replays I realised that most were using cockpit view. So I gave it a go.

Took a bit to get used to, at first, and each car has its own "problems," but I love it now.

I'm currently practicing Donington Park GP and I am finding the very last hair pin, at the start/finish straight a real pain. I find that I can't see my turn-in point to my left (it's a left hander) through the door window and I'm not that good that I can take a marker from my right.

So I tried both bumper and bonnet cam and hated the viewpoint. I found that I had to re-learn all the braking points and what have you and was making even more mistakes, so I decided to go back to cockpit view.
I didn't even realise it was set to cockpit view only, whoever setup these rules needs there head shaking, all sounds rushed and throw in some new settings we have never used before, give it to someone who knows how it should be setup, like @C-FOGARTY or someone with experience, hell even i'd take it on if it came down to it.

Reactions: FOGGY #7

andy_m

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2017
I didn't even realise it was set to cockpit view only, whoever setup these rules needs there head shaking, all sounds rushed and throw in some new settings we have never used before, give it to someone who knows how it should be setup, like @C-FOGARTY or someone with experience, hell even i'd take it on if it came down to it.
Sorry mate,

I was only responding to the camera view sub-discussion here.

I have nothing to do with setting up events.

cheers

andy

robnoxious9000

F1 Triple Champion
Mar 10, 2014
It isn't set to cockpit view only..

FOGGY #7

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
I mentioned early on about this, but minds were already made up . Some just dont see the common sense and feel myself, that these league we been doing since P.CARS came to AOR ,have always had that semi arcade feel a set up with them .

• What?
Reactions: CJBMX702

FOGGY #7

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
He can deal with f'king up, think his main problems are glitches during races and being crashed into regularly.
Yep ,we can all relate to that :banghead::blackalien: . If P.CARS 2 dont work . I will probably quitt racing for a while .

Status
Not open for further replies.