XB1 - AOR IndyCar League Season 2 - Tier 2 Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR IndyCar League Season 2 - Tier 2 Main Thread

Justin || Taz

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 27, 2016
AOR Project Cars IndyCar League Season 2
XB1 Main Thread

indycar s2 banner.png

This is the main thread for the IndyCar Season 2 League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
Event start: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

League Coordinators: @Sean
Race Host: @ReconEagle

Drivers and Teams:

#WildGrandmas
@Wizard - Optimalin Racing #15
@ReconEagle - Optimalin Racing #16

Team Rapa Olio
@TheGiant19 - Team Rapa Olio #25
@Hayden_430 - Team Rapa Olio #25

Glacier Bigfoots
@Platfoot - Team Rexott Motorsports #12
@TheIceberg - Team Rexott Motorsports #12

TEAM CONWAY
@Sean - Team Gersten Felder #70
@Knopels - Team Gersten Felder #70

Curtis Cams
@ToXiCxHenS - Curtis Cams #20
@Dave M. - Curtis Cams #20

Team Momentum eSports
@takumi - Zipanol Racing Team #3
@Skippy - Zipanol Racing Team #4

Last edited:

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
Guys i promise im not an alien. Can I come back now please
[DOUBLEPOST=1497474495][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll even not qualify just to give you a chance ;)

ToXiCxHenS

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2017
Been testing alot of set ups for the next race at Brands Hatch and i cant find or make a decent set up, need help?

• Agree
Reactions: DrummerJ92

ToXiCxHenS

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2017
Just need grip going round corners, im also finding it hard to know what speeds i can take corners

ReconEagle

AOR XB1 GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
come on @Sean I know you might be busy but try post the results a couple of days after atlesat and try to have the next race thread up so we can see what the time are to race on track and not like 2 days before (NOT A DIG)
Good question as i'm wondering the same thing for a couple of days as we have 2 coordinators in our tier..I don't know if i can set up the lobby properly if the info given comes so late.

• Agree
Reactions: Platfoot and Wizard

ReconEagle

Jan 16, 2014
The results are still not visible one day before the race? Whats going on? Also no list of drivers and teams yet, makes me think i'm only driving against Team Conway...while there are other competitive teams as well trying to grab the #WildBoyz title ;)

Plus the thing i don't get in the F1 leagues there are some stewards threads already replied by the Head steward as most of them come from 18th of June. Not a single steward thread of Pc cars in june has been replied to so far. Gives me the feeling Pcars is less important for AOR than F1 :(

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Platfoot and Wizard

Hayden_430

One Massive Faff
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 15, 2017
regarding results and sean is aware of this but we had to wait 2 weeks for our results to be updated, don't think its just pcars getting ignored because its not

ReconEagle

Jan 16, 2014
Note; I see some drivers struggling at the moment for some reason. So it might be helpful to put up the race thread latest by the weekend so everyone has time to practice a race sim or do a part of it.
Regarding setups, this is really difficult, but what helps me is my teammate as we're setting benchmarks for each other + practice against the AI ONLINE (there are some issues when you practice against them offline, not getting good laptimes yourself). For some reason the AI is super fast / or super slow on some tracks, but I try to keep a margin of 0,5 - 1 sec to them to know to be competitive during the real race. So far this helps for me. Also start using the default setup first and try to get 2-3 sec quicker than that. So far from Indycar S1 to S2 it seems we're going much quicker than ever.

Regarding (re)fuel this is a hard one, because it depends on when you come in and how much fuel you use ( depends on the setup). Basically when you use cockpit you can see it on the steering wheel switching between settings. if you're outside the car you just have to count the burn starting from the lap. If you have a clean lap most of the time you can just the take average of 3 laps and you'll be fine. Better safe than sorry so to say.

Online: I know @Sean's feeling being hit out of the race, i know people don't do it on purpose, but it is important that connection wise everything is stable between us to avoid accidents. So please know the track, the formation & acceleration zone and if you're downloading at the moment please don't do it.
Streaming is fine as long it doesn't cause lag issues, i know for my self i can't stream atm as i'm the host so i don't do it to make sure everyone gets the best connection and lag free experience possible.

I really hope this helps everyone a bit out as i'd like to see the field a bit closer like Watkins Glen where there were lik 4/5 drivers for the victory. Of course there will be fast drivers out there, but if you can drive consistent & clean on a good pace the top 5 is never far away. The first 5 laps are crucial to keep it on track and find a rhytm to build your race on.

Last edited:

Dave M.

Pro Karter
May 1, 2017
Note; I see some drivers struggling at the moment for some reason. So it might be helpful to put up the race thread latest by the weekend so everyone has time to practice a race sim or do a part of it.
Regarding setups, this is really difficult, but what helps me is my teammate as we're setting benchmarks for each other + practice against the AI ONLINE (there are some issues when you practice against them offline, not getting good laptimes yourself). For some reason the AI is super fast / or super slow on some tracks, but I try to keep a margin of 0,5 - 1 sec to them to know to be competitive during the real race. So far this helps for me. Also start using the default setup first and try to get 2-3 sec quicker than that. So far from Indycar S1 to S2 it seems we're going much quicker than ever.

Regarding (re)fuel this is a hard one, because it depends on when you come in and how much fuel you use ( depends on the setup). Basically when you use cockpit you can see it on the steering wheel switching between settings. if you're outside the car you just have to count the burn starting from the lap. If you have a clean lap most of the time you can just the take average of 3 laps and you'll be fine. Better safe than sorry so to say.

Online: I know @Sean's feeling being hit out of the race, i know people don't do it on purpose, but it is important that connection wise everything is stable between us to avoid accidents. So please know the track, the formation & acceleration zone and if you're downloading at the moment please don't do it.
Streaming is fine as long it doesn't cause lag issues, i know for my self i can't stream atm as i'm the host so i don't do it to make sure everyone gets the best connection and lag free experience possible.

I really hope this helps everyone a bit out as i'd like to see the field a bit closer like Watkins Glen where there were lik 4/5 drivers for the victory. Of course there will be fast drivers out there, but if you can drive consistent & clean on a good pace the top 5 is never far away. The first 5 laps are crucial to keep it on track and find a rhytm to build your race on.
2. I'm sorry to say I practice all week 3-4hrsma day nd I'm still 5sec behind the leaders.I try to get out of the way when I'm getting laped. I'm hoping over time my speed increases but till then i can use all the help I can get

• Friendly
Reactions: ReconEagle