XB1 - AOR IndyCar League Season 2 - Tier 2 Round 3 Watkins Glen | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR IndyCar League Season 2 - Tier 2 Round 3 Watkins Glen

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Sean

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2015
Round 3 - Watkins Glen GP
Indycar League Season 2

glen.png

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 28th June 2017
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Race: 33 Laps + Formation Lap

Weather Conditions: (Sync-to-race weather progression)
2 weather slots:
- Overcast
- Clear

In-game time-of-day information (Real time progression):
- Qualifying time: 12:00
- Race start time: 12:00
- Race finish time: 12:45

Formation/Acceleration Point Info:

glen.jpg
glen (2).jpg

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

glen (2).png

Reactions: NoahDJR

Platfoot

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 6, 2016
Happy with P4 in qualifying. Had a good start and got passed @Wizard and @Skippy. I couldn't hold on to P2 though, as my middle sector was so slow. The default setup causes a lot of understeer through there. It was also overheating my front left. Because of this, Wizard could easily get passed with a very nice move. After the pitstop, Skippy got through as well. That was me in P3, where I stayed until the checkered flag.

Bad race, good result. Considering I'm still running with the default setup, 3rd is a very solid. GG on the win, @Knopels! You were simply the fastest out there today.

ToXiCxHenS

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2017
So i have mixed feelings about my race, had my best qualifying in P9, 1st lap into the first corner, i had to take to the grass due to breaking to late, when i rejoined i was then hit in the side and then took damage which forced me to pit so i was down in 12th, the due to people disconnecting and taking damage i managed to get too about 8th, some time later i was in 6th place and gaining on 5th, he then pitted and came out wheel to wheel to eachother and half way through the S corner i had to back out before contact was made, defo got my hands sweaty haha.

Then with 6 laps to go i had the fuel sign come up on my screen and unfortunately had to give up 6th place so finished 7th!

I call that a success!!!

Well done to Knopels for the win!!!

NoahDJR

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Aug 22, 2016
So that was quite intense today! Tbh that whole success was done to a insane setup that I found and just setup to my driving style. During the whole race I was so goddamn nervous. I didn't even closesly gone as fast as I could have gone, because I wanted to make no mistake. The gap to P2 was never too big, so the tension was always high! In the end I was happy to see the checkered flag and I'm super happy to win my first every Project Cars league race! :):):):)

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
Qualifying Session: 2th
Finally My PB during the official qualy ;) betten than 2tenths of Free Practice
1:24.2 in the last last last attempt :p I was happy for that, I gained 2 places on the grid but impossibile to beat @Knopels with his Hamilton-lap ;)

Racing Session: DNF
Good start but in the esses I lost speed and @Platfoot overtake me. After nice side-by-side action with @Platfoot ;) overtake and 2nd place again. Subsequently (until lap #13) good race pace for me, I was fast, and I was 3s behind @Knopels + good advantage on @Platfoot . I was very comfortable, better than Laguna Seca, I could have fight with Knopels for the victory but in the esses I had issues with sensibility-steering. To do entire race without one mistake in that corner was difficulty for me & in fact super big crash in the guardrail! :eek::oops::eek::oops::banghead: Pitstop + hard tyres + refuel but I was 2/3 laps from all the drivers. After I tried to recover like Bottas at Baku but no safety car here :D I wanted to finish the race for some points but I crashed again and then retire.
It's such a shame, same result of last season here, Watkins Glen doesn't love me evidently :(:wacky:
However nevermind, looking forward for next gp ;) good points for WildBoyz thanks to @ReconEagle with his 4th place (y)
Cheers for the victory @Knopels and cheers to everyone! see ya next week guys! ;)

My qualy lap

ReconEagle

AOR XB1 GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
Q: 6th
My worst qualifying of the season, while i was aiming for at least the 2nd row where i started the first 2 races. Just couldn't get the the perfect lap together after making a hybrid setup on the last moment.

R: 4th
Not happy with the result at all as immediately at the start i got hit from behind by @DrummerJ92 i believe and got damage. Got hit again by him at the chicane, so my car had no topspeed anymore and that was exactly what i set it up for as it is hard to overtake in the corners here.

Followed @takumi in P6 as good as possible as he hit the barrier early in the race, but the car was too damaged to keep up with him and we were losing sight of the top 4.
Got lucky in the end as @takumi's pitcrew fitted the wrong tyres and catched him by 3 sec a lap and unlucky for @Wizard that he crashed in the race, which was gifting me P4 in the end.
Was very lonely and boring race for me, just for the unnecessary hitting in the beginning as without top speed you can't do much on this track. As i won here last season (with a bit of luck due Wizard's pitcrew, otherwise it would've been Wildboyz 1-2) as the first driver in indycar i was hoping to be at least on the podium with @Sean who got second last season ;). Leaving this track disillusioned as this should've been one of my strongest races on paper, but the top 3 was so far away.

Congrats to @Knopels for the win, but i believe Wildboyz still got valuable points for the Team Championship to beat Team Conway in the end ;)

Last edited:

Platfoot

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 6, 2016
Q: 6th
My worst qualifying of the season, while i was aiming for at least the 2nd row where i started the first 2 races. Just couldn't get the the perfect lap together after making a hybrid setup on the last moment.

R: 4th
Not happy with the result at all as immediately at the start i got hit from behind by @DrummerJ92 i believe and got damage. Got hit again by him at the chicane, so my car had no topspeed anymore and that was exactly what i set it up for as it is hard to overtake in the corners here.

Followed @takumi in P6 as good as possible as he hit the barrier early in the race, but the car was too damaged to keep up with him and we were losing sight of the top 4.
Got lucky in the end as @takumi's pitcrew fitted the wrong tyres and catched him by 3 sec a lap and unlucky for @Wizard that he crashed in the race, which was gifting me P4 in the end.
Was very lonely and boring race for me, just for the unnecessary hitting in the beginning as without top speed you can't do much on this track. As i won here last season (with a bit of luck due Wizard's pitcrew, otherwise it would've been Wildboyz 1-2) as the first driver in indycar i was hoping to be at least on the podium with @Sean who got second last season ;). Leaving this track disillusioned as this should've been one of my strongest races on paper, but the top 3 was so far away.

Congrats to @Knopels for the win, but i believe Wildboyz still got valuable points for the Team Championship to beat Team Conway in the end ;)
Didn't @Sean get 5th las season? I think he was on the podium for the entire, until I and someone else caught up to him in the last few laps.

Anyway, unlucky mate. What top speed were you hitting on the long straight without damage? I changed the gearing ratio and was able to hit 291kph. I believe that's how I got the fastest 1st sector. Unfortunately I lost all that time, and more, in the 2nd sector...

• Agree
Reactions: Sean

ReconEagle

AOR XB1 GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
Didn't @Sean get 5th las season? I think he was on the podium for the entire, until I and someone else caught up to him in the last few laps.

Anyway, unlucky mate. What top speed were you hitting on the long straight without damage? I changed the gearing ratio and was able to hit 291kph. I believe that's how I got the fastest 1st sector. Unfortunately I lost all that time, and more, in the 2nd sector...
I was hitting 294 and could go faster in quali if i didn't need to brake for that chicane :p. in the race i just got to 280 km/h cause of the damaged caused :( After repairs it was ok again and used the ptp every now and then, but it was too late to make a difference. Yes S2 was very slow for me as well as i was running 9/8 wing. Spent a lot of time on that gearing and S2 is pretty easy to defend imo so i wanted to attack / defend on the straights as the slipstream and ptp is very strong here. Hopefully in Hockenheim 2 dutchies on the podium and 2 #Wildboyz? :p

NoahDJR

AOR XB1 GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Aug 22, 2016
****, I also just realised that I started the race like 200 meters before the accelaration zone :nailbiting::nailbiting:. I'm so sorry, I never started a race from Pole position with a manual rolling start! :bag:

• Winner
Reactions: Wizard