XB1 - AOR IndyCar League Season 2 - Tier 2 Round 6 Brno | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR IndyCar League Season 2 - Tier 2 Round 6 Brno

takumi

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 20, 2017
the rain would have came if the lobby had a qualy session added to it and we only had to skip it so it synce it to come later as there was no qualy?

• Agree
Reactions: Platfoot

DrummerJ92

Pro Karter
May 31, 2017
Oh **** guys I'm so sorry completely forgot it's Wednesday today My bad, I saw that someone wanted pais 5 livery I'm pretty sure that's mine, but hope it was good and well done to winners

• Informative
Reactions: Sean and Wizard

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
Qualifying Session: 1st
My first pole position of the season! I knew that with every my best sectors, I can do 1.36low but it's not simple. I did a few attempts and at some point 1:36.2
P2 for @ReconEagle Best result for #WildBoyz ;) ;) :p
The gap between other guys was large, maybe no much practice cause break week
Horner was happy

Racing Session: 2nd
When you start in P1 was much better, you're the leader and no chance to lose positions ;)
After 3/4 laps there is a trio in front of the race, me @ReconEagle and @Platfoot
Lap by lap my gap increase (4/5seconds) At some point @Platfoot crashed and so it's WildBoy vs WildBoy :p
Horner is a little worried

For some reason the lobby is bugged and so no rain. In midrace huge tyre wear on left front tyre and @ReconEagle was faster than me in these conditions, and we entered in the pit in the same lap with no gap between us. I need to change my tyre pressure (I set for wet tyres during warmup) but I need to take my notepad! :wacky::wacky::D So I lost many seconds and @ReconEagle now has 12seconds on me. In the last laps I pushed so much and I used all the PTP. In the last lap 5seconds of gap but in the 1st corner incident with lapped car but fortunately no damage, and @ReconEagle he gets distracted and goes off track :wideyed: so at the end only 1s of gap ;)
Horner was happy

First time P1 & P2 for our Team and this means max points for Team Championship ;)
Horner was happy

@ReconEagle won and extended the gap in the Driver Championship (y)
Now it's me Me vs Recon? I don't think so, we need to look over our shoulders ;)
Finally one race without problems for @Sean (y)

And one info guys, when you're a lapped car keep your eyes on minimap to avoid incident, sometimes it's too dangerous ;)

See ya next race!

This is the video of my pole

• Winner
Reactions: ReconEagle and Sean

J. McConnell

GP2 Test Driver
Mar 15, 2017
Qualifying Session: 1st
My first pole position of the season! I knew that with every my best sectors, I can do 1.36low but it's not simple. I did a few attempts and at some point 1:36.2
P2 for @ReconEagle Best result for #WildBoyz ;) ;) :p
The gap between other guys was large, maybe no much practice cause break week
Horner was happy

Racing Session: 2nd
When you start in P1 was much better, you're the leader and no chance to lose positions ;)
After 3/4 laps there is a trio in front of the race, me @ReconEagle and @Platfoot
Lap by lap my gap increase (4/5seconds) At some point @Platfoot crashed and so it's WildBoy vs WildBoy :p
Horner is a little worried

For some reason the lobby is bugged and so no rain. In midrace huge tyre wear on left front tyre and @ReconEagle was faster than me in these conditions, and we entered in the pit in the same lap with no gap between us. I need to change my tyre pressure (I set for wet tyres during warmup) but I need to take my notepad! :wacky::wacky::D So I lost many seconds and @ReconEagle now has 12seconds on me. In the last laps I pushed so much and I used all the PTP. In the last lap 5seconds of gap but in the 1st corner incident with lapped car but fortunately no damage, and @ReconEagle he gets distracted and goes off track :wideyed: so at the end only 1s of gap ;)
Horner was happy

First time P1 & P2 for our Team and this means max points for Team Championship ;)
Horner was happy

@ReconEagle won and extended the gap in the Driver Championship (y)
Now it's me Me vs Recon? I don't think so, we need to look over our shoulders ;)
Finally one race without problems for @Sean (y)

And one info guys, when you're a lapped car keep your eyes on minimap to avoid incident, sometimes it's too dangerous ;)

See ya next race!

This is the video of my pole
That 36.2 would have put you in P2 in Tier 1! well done mate :)

Reactions: Wizard

TheGiant19

F1 Test Driver
Apr 19, 2017
@Wizard that was me you hit into turn 1. I had been doing as you said all race and watching the mini map etc. and would tend to let most people past once the blue flag appeared on my screen as I still didn't want to waste too much time myself, with the occasional one before then as there might not have been a better spot later, but the incident with you was weird. I was pretty sure I still had enough time to get round the first couple of corners, then all of a sudden as I'm part way through T1 and the blue flag appears on my screen, I look behind me and there you are running into the back of me. I'm glad to hear you got no damage from it though.
Rest of my race wasn't great, I hit some tyres into a corner on L1 so had to pit to fix the damage, and then I was hanging out at the back for most of the race. There was a brief but great battle between me and @SmokingPuppy841 whilst cars were lapping us, he unfortunately went into the gravel (maybe the wall?) at the penultimate corner which ended that and then I was on my own. Managed to not have to pit again though, albeit meaning I fuel saved hard towards the end of the race making me a lot slower, but my engine cut out just in front of the line so pretty impressed I made it.11th isn't ideal but that thunderstorm was so horrible I'm glad I finished ;)

Wizard

Mar 20, 2014
That 36.2 would have put you in P2 in Tier 1! well done mate :)
thx man ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1501154212][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Wizard that was me you hit into turn 1. I had been doing as you said all race and watching the mini map etc. and would tend to let most people past once the blue flag appeared on my screen as I still didn't want to waste too much time myself, with the occasional one before then as there might not have been a better spot later, but the incident with you was weird. I was pretty sure I still had enough time to get round the first couple of corners, then all of a sudden as I'm part way through T1 and the blue flag appears on my screen, I look behind me and there you are running into the back of me. I'm glad to hear you got no damage from it though.
Yes, sometimes blue flag doesn't work in perfect mode, and the Indycar hasn't headlight to flash you to warn.
However all is well that ends well ;) np man ;)

Reactions: TheGiant19

Wizard

Mar 20, 2014
Wildboyz, congrats on your constructors and drivers title (whoever's going to take it). The game screwed me over with its moronic damage model, its pits system and the appalling weather system. That's me out of the fight for the championship, because I won't be racing next week as I'm away on vacation.
The season is not over mate ;)

Wizard

Mar 20, 2014
But my championship fight is. Like I said, I won't be racing next week. Unless the top 5 in the standings DNFs, I don't really have a chance.
you're in vacation next week? take your xb1 ;)

Iceberg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 9, 2016
Well that race was just something else, i'm still confused what actually happened :wacky:.
So on first lap on second last corner somehow i just lost all grip on my rear and i tried to catch that car (isn't that easy to do on pad) and well i ended up crashing to the tyres and i tried to go out of the way and inform others about that but i know aleast @takumi wasn't able to avoid me so yeah i'm sorry about that :sorry:, so i needed to do my first pitstop.
After that i was just doing my best and trying to catch up people in front of me and on lap 10 @ToXiCxHenS was like only 1 second in front of me and he started lagging and he ended up hitting me and i got damage once again, it's time for second pitstop and at this point i thought i will finish like 10th but no somehow i was one of the fastest car on the track after that and i was able to get up to 5th until i needed to do pitstop on second last lap for fuel and i lost that place to my teammate so i finished 6th and i still don't know how :hilarious:

ReconEagle

AOR XB1 GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
But my championship fight is. Like I said, I won't be racing next week. Unless the top 5 in the standings DNFs, I don't really have a chance.
All you have to do is to finish before @Wizard & me in the last 3 races and you might have a shot at the title

• Useful

ReconEagle

AOR XB1 GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
Q: 2nd
Not too happy about. First run got stuck in traffic and lagspikes (people coming out and in lobby just for not having the right livery) made sure i couldn't set a good banker lap. 2nd run got screwed again by someone in his outlap and not moving aside by the end of T2 , so got damage. with 4 min on the clock it was @Skippy & @Platfoot & me with a 1.38.1. Knew i could easily go into 1.37's but with all this and people munching and shouting in the background it was hard to focus. C'mon guys you're not the only ones in party and trying to qualify. In the end got lucky for getting into 1.37'6, but far off PB and @Wizard the qualifying master ;) Front row lock out for Wildboyz!!

R: 1st.
Start of the race very normal on the front row, but hard to overtake @Wizard on the first lap with so much at stake, we could only lose. So decided to hang back and follow him with @Platfoot behind us. Top 3 of the championship within 3 sec of eachother was very exciting as there was already a huge gap to 4th after 2 laps.

Then somehow Platfoot was gone behind while we had such a good battle! Then it was @Wizard vs me vs traffic vs weather. I knew Wizard was quicker in the dry and me in the wet, so just had to bide my time waiting for the rain and with a 4 sec gap between us. Somehow the rain never came, probably because of the restart. So we both had to pit for fuel and new tires editing the pit strategy asap. just put everything i could remember for the dry to have the pitstop asap. Somehow worked and gave me a 12 sec lead over Wizard. It was between Wizard and me now with 8 laps to go, didn't want to push too hard, but knew Wizard was bloody quick. In the end just 1 sec between Wizard and me. 1-2 for Wildboyz, 3-4 Team Conway & 5-6 for Glacier Bigfoots ai ai still the fight is not over. Let's see what happens in Monza as we going to visit Wizard Grandma :p

• Winner
Reactions: Wizard and Sean