XB1 - AOR IndyCar League Season 2 - Tier 2 Round 7 Monza GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 AOR IndyCar League Season 2 - Tier 2 Round 7 Monza GP

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
Yeah I had thought about this and the possible issues... but it was just a random idea, not 100% serious :) It's just such a shame that we're down to such a small amount of drivers, when we could have had 1 full lobby. I understand some people are on holiday, but I can only foresee a maximum of 9 drivers for the remaining races...
I understand you mate, unfortunately this happen and when it happens it's a shame :(

Da4thSuspect

Project CARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Combining the lobbies could work if we just have 2 categories, We could even stagger the start so the group of T2 drivers get into formation ahead of the T1 guys and start a bit earlier, or vice-versa.

• Agree
Reactions: Wizard

DrummerJ92

Formula Karter
May 31, 2017
Im Leaving the Indycar league, no more rounds for me which is unfortunate because I had an awesome battle with AOR Kyvat.
but second time in one season I've been in contention for a podium (not guaranteed) and contact with last place has ended it.
might try my hand at GT3 or something but this one is not for me.
I was sure when I read the rules at the start of the season that no overtakes are meant to be made before the start finish line but I could be wrong, I got passed by 2 cars before the line. As much as he felt I did I don't believe I hit Recon off but it doesn't matter now I won't get in his way again. footage to follow in the next couple days.... sorry and speak to you soon :cry:

ToXiCxHenS

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 4, 2017
Qualified P8
Race P7

So the start was great, from P8 to P5 on the pit straight, then i went off at the corner after the 2nd chicane so i was back down to P8, not much happened until i pitted and went to P9 then the next lap i was back up to p8 and once again not much happened until drummer crashed out and i moved up too p7, equally my best again

Thanks for a good race and ill see you next week

Sean

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2015
P2! Really wasn't expecting that!

Had an awesome battle for the first half of the race with @DrummerJ92 , where we couldn't escape from each others slipstream! Started to short shift towards the end of the first stint so I could get an extra lap out of the car before pitting (which proved vital as I only had 2L of fuel left at the finish line). When I pitted, I chose to not change the tires which was a good decision as it gained me about 10 seconds and I believe I would have been in P3 or P4 if I had changed them.

After the pit stops I was in a comfortable P3 but then @takumi spun at the second chicane which allowed me to sneak past. Although he had better pace than me, I managed to keep a reasonable gap to him and bring the car home in P2.

Congrats to @Wizard . You were unstoppable today! Great home win for you. I saw #WildGrandma in the grandstand, she looked very proud! Still, at least I managed to beat #WildBoyzz's number 2 driver :p

Wizard

Mar 20, 2014
Qualifying Session: 1st
In practice session my PB was 1:29.4 but with best sectors I can do 1:29.2 and I did it in the very last attempt with a supermini gap with @takumi and great lap by @Sean (y)

Racing Session: 1st
Good start but the 1st lap with cold tyres and cold brakes was terrifying, I risked spun 2/3 times ;)
PTP in the main-straight to defend by @takumi , I slowed down late and late too for Takumi that touched me on the rear but no damage for me. Very fast 1st stint of the race because Takumi pushed the racepace and this mean only one thing...I need to push hard! ;)
1:30low for many laps and 1:29.2 at some point. Lap by lap the gap increased, 6seconds.
At lap #16 pitstop, full refuel and no tyres-change
Takumi pitted in the next lap and now the gap was 16seconds, after he made mistake and the gap was 25seconds
So no more risks in the 2nd part of the race, safe-mode ON, and victory in home GP! with 0.8l :p ;)
Unfortunately issued for @ReconEagle in this GP but we've extended the gap in Team Championship
Recon wasn't happy at the end of the race but with the party post-race ...all good! (y)
Food, music and dance with the parents! #WildBoyz :wacky::wacky::wacky:

Another podium for @Sean , 2nd in a row, no more bad luck ;)
Now Sonoma, and this mean defense-mode for me, I remember last time, very hard!
See ya next Wednesday guys! ;)

@DrummerJ92 Don't give up man, bad moments can happens, only 3 gp at the end, come man stay with us ;) ;) ;)

This is my pole lap

Platfoot

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 6, 2016
Shame I wasn't able to race last night. I did a few laps before I went on vacation and was able to consistently set low 29s and high 28s with a high fuel load.

Congrats @Wizard! 37 points behind you in the standings, 30 behind @ReconEagle. As long as both of you are able to score some points in the last three races, it is pretty much impossible for me to win. Third is still possible though, so that is my goal for this season.

Wizard

Mar 20, 2014
Shame I wasn't able to race last night. I did a few laps before I went on vacation and was able to consistently set low 29s and high 28s with a high fuel load.

Congrats @Wizard! 37 points behind you in the standings, 30 behind @ReconEagle. As long as both of you are able to score some points in the last three races, it is pretty much impossible for me to win. Third is still possible though, so that is my goal for this season.
Thanks mate ;) maybe I will jump one race, Bathrust, cause party, I don't know for now. But 37 points aren't too much ;) I hope to have for next race all crew ;)

Platfoot

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks mate ;) maybe I will jump one race, Bathrust, cause party, I don't know for now. But 37 points aren't too much ;) I hope to have for next race all crew ;)
The next three tracks are all relatively new to me, but anything could happen at Bathurst. While 37 points seems like a lot, the season is not over yet.

ReconEagle

AOR XB1 GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
Q: 6th
Couldn't get into rhytm in the short runs, so in the end decided to do one long run, where i was 1 sec off PB with 1.30.8. Quite unfortunate, so was hoping for a good start and race pace.

R: 5th
In the opening laps moved up to P3, was pretty happy with that and after @Wizard and @takumi had a small nudge i had a chance to go for P2 if i could make it to the back straight. Only to be ruined by the guy behind me hitting me at the exit of Lesmo 1 compromising my exit speed towards Lesmo 2 and then was pushed off the track by the same guy, who just drove off. Great, wannabe K-mag in the house.
Came back on track in P7/8 only to be hit again in the back at T1, while i was behind @TheIceberg causing me to hit him. Sorry for that, but nothing i could do about it. Like i said in the race i got pushed by the guy who was behind you at the time.

With a damaged car in lap 3 i knew i could forget this race. Pitting was no option as i would need all the fuel i could get towards the end of the race, so that would make a 2-stopper. Somehow i could remain with @Sean in P4 who was battling for P3, but the car was too damaged to close the gap on the straights or the variante ascari. Made the pitstop in L16, only to come back in P6 because of the repairs. Finished P5, but not happy as i could certainly have P4 and maybe P3 if it wasn't for the opening laps.

Great drive from the guys on the podium, it was well deserved. :)
Title championship pretty much over for me as Sonoma suits the wheel drivers and after that Bathurst which most likely will be full of incidents if we can't get a clean race on a track as wide as Monza...

Wild Grandma was rocking the garage after the race due @Wizard's win. 5/7 wins for #Wildboyzzz

Chiraq

AOR's 'Finest' Driver
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jun 28, 2016
Im Leaving the Indycar league, no more rounds for me which is unfortunate because I had an awesome battle with AOR Kyvat.
but second time in one season I've been in contention for a podium (not guaranteed) and contact with last place has ended it.
might try my hand at GT3 or something but this one is not for me.
I was sure when I read the rules at the start of the season that no overtakes are meant to be made before the start finish line but I could be wrong, I got passed by 2 cars before the line. As much as he felt I did I don't believe I hit Recon off but it doesn't matter now I won't get in his way again. footage to follow in the next couple days.... sorry and speak to you soon :cry:
@Sean what is wrong there? Backmarkers causing problems? And you are not allowed to pass the car in front of you at the start, who was that?

Dave M.

Pro Karter
May 1, 2017
I started last no surprise there. I had problems with my cockpit view so i had to use a different view that I wasn't used to but i learned how to use kers (ptp) from that so anytime i learn something new it's a beautiful thing. Finished in p8. i slid off the track nd hit the wall on warm up lap nd had to pit before start of the race. I blame on having to use a different view that I'm not used to. Congrats to @Wizard you are the man!!!

• Friendly
Reactions: Wizard

Sean

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2015
@Sean what is wrong there? Backmarkers causing problems? And you are not allowed to pass the car in front of you at the start, who was that?
No idea. The start was a bit of a mess towards the back I think.

takumi

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 20, 2017
you need to do more coordinating sean and keep things in check or people are going to keep dropping due to the league not being run properly

• Agree
Reactions: Chiraq

ReconEagle

AOR XB1 GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
you need to do more coordinating sean and keep things in check or people are going to keep dropping due to the league not being run properly
What do you want @Sean to do about it?? Saying he should do smth about it is easy, but coming with suggestions/solutions is even better. You can't blame sean that people still haven't read the thread one day before the race as he put it one week in advance. The results are there now asap within 48 hours. When signing up AOR specifically ask if you read the rules etc and that you'll be active on forum. Before this race 80% of the messages in this thread were only from @Wizard or me.

You can call out backmarkers like Wizard does every race, i haven't heard it from anyone except from him. Plus if you're starting in the same row, you're allowed to overtake the guy next to you on the grid when P1 accelerates in the acc. zone. I have the feeling a lot of people don't pay attention to where the formation and acc zone are placed on track, while you can see them easily on the thread and the track if you just pay attention yourself.
I think Sean improved massively seeing where we were from the 1st two races where we complained about not having the results or a thread to what it is now. Only a mic would be really a big plus so we can communicate with him before/during the race.
So again what do you want from @Sean to do about it if people are not active on the forum themselves looking at the info that is already provided for them?

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Wizard and Sean

takumi

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 20, 2017
yes but its funny that the results are being done asap now because he is getting podiums who wouldn't?

Sean

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2015
yes but its funny that the results are being done asap now because he is getting podiums who wouldn't?
yes but its funny that the results were being done asap before I had even got 1 podium