- Sep 11, 2016
IndyCar - Night of the Champions
Indianapolis Road Circuit
Indianapolis Road Circuit
You thought you where done with this?? You are wrong
@C-FOGARTY came up with the wonderful idea to close the season with an ultimate battle in the "Nights of the Champions". There are no points to win for the season, it is just for the ultimate glory
This is not an mandatory race. If you don't want to participate then please tell us by replying to this post.
We all had our ups and downs with this season, racing with half grids was one of them. With this last race we are going to make one lobby with tier 1 and tier 2 drivers to get an full grid.
How do I get in?
The grid will be decided on the best attended (show-ups) from both tiers. And will be announced Wednesday in this thread.
Is it getting streamed on AOR YouTube?
Yes it is getting streamed and commentated by @A.O.R Evildragon
Damage again, I want to finish the race?
Damage is reduced to visual only
● Date: Monday November 5th 2018
● Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Sprint race: 15 laps
- Main race: 35 laps (reverse grid from sprint race)
● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Light Cloud
- Sprint race: Medium Cloud - Light Cloud
- Main race: Medium Cloud - Light Could - Clear
● In-game time-of-day information:
- Qualifying time: 16 September - 16:00
- Sprint race start time: 16 September - 17:00
- Main race start time: 16 September - 18:00
Manual Rolling Start Information:
● Formation Point:
● Acceleration Zone:
If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.
For the IndyCar we changed the driving speeds of the Rolling Start procedure. Please follow these rules!
● Once the leader of the single file train has pulled away, they can accelerate up to a speed of 80mph/130kph and will then maintain that throughout the lap, slowing down clearly and gradually for any corners that require slower speeds, and then accelerating up to the limit of 80mph/130kph. The rest of the drivers in the train are to follow the leader around the lap, sticking to a similar pace and maintaining safe distances to drivers around them for tyre and braking warming.
● At the formation point, the leader will slow down to 60mph/100kph and the 2nd placed driver, will pull alongside to form a second train.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the Tier Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.
● Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used, look here.
● Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.
● League Rules