R3 | 13 Apr | Watkins Glen International: Classic Boot | 1600
R4 | 27 Apr | Canadian Tire Motorsports Park | 1100
R5 | 11 May | Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke: BES/WEC | 1200

Last edited:

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Can someone clarifiy what layout will be used in Silverstone. Was already confused by calling "Grand Prix" layout in the GTE league season 5.

Because my understanding is that the current grand prix layout makes a right turn at Abbey - but the layout used at GTE S5 and for the pre-race makes a left turn at abbey and then goes underneath the bridge? Which - if i recall right - was the 2003-2009 grand prix layout. Are we running that in the league as well - or just for the pre-season race?

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Can someone clarifiy what layout will be used in Silverstone. Was already confused by calling "Grand Prix" layout in the GTE league season 5.

Because my understanding is that the current grand prix layout makes a right turn at Abbey - but the layout used at GTE S5 and for the pre-race makes a left turn at abbey and then goes underneath the bridge? Which - if i recall right - was the 2003-2009 grand prix layout. Are we running that in the league as well - or just for the pre-season race?

View attachment 72576
There's no post-2009 Silverstone on iRacing, simple as.

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
The times clashes with VLN, might I suggest that the whole times debate is brought back up. I believe people forgot that VLN runs same week, same times (15:00)

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
The times clashes with VLN, might I suggest that the whole times debate is brought back up. I believe people forgot that VLN runs same week, same times (15:00)
Don't think we should change it with less than a week before the first race. This is the day and time people voted for and signed up for. If we change it now, then the season has to be delayed

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
Don't think we should change it with less than a week before the first race. This is the day and time people voted for and signed up for. If we change it now, then the season has to be delayed
I get that. Unfortunately I'm gonna have difficulties making the majority of races because of VLN. I voted in favour of another time, but the democracy has spoken I guess :). I will focus on making the races which doesn't clash with VLN