AOR iRacing Endurance Championship - Season 1 Round 5 - Nurburgring | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing Endurance Championship - Season 1 Round 5 - Nurburgring

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
That's actually pretty good idea.
I know for a fact Vec-simracing would have had one more entry if runing in team was mandatory. I understand it can be frightening but there are hardcore endurance fans out there who probably were disappointed by the fact running solo was a possibility.

Also, lot of people dislike the combo LMP1 / GTE because of what we can see in official series. I know thats what came out of the polls but maybe it could be something to think about...

Tex Wheeler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2018
I know for a fact Vec-simracing would have had one more entry if runing in team was mandatory. I understand it can be frightening but there are hardcore endurance fans out there who probably were disappointed by the fact running solo was a possibility.

Also, lot of people dislike the combo LMP1 / GTE because of what we can see in official series. I know thats what came out of the polls but maybe it could be something to think about...
It wouldn't have been sustainable to make teams mandatory. Even if all signed drivers would have teamed up (those who were running solo form teams of two), and a couple of additional entries shown up, the amount of entrants would have been too small at the end of the season. Besides that, some entries probably would have been missed if it would have been mandatory to have min. 2 drivers (me probably included for 1st season).
Also, there is no official short endurance series for solo entries except VLN. Many have requested to have one or change VRS endurance to allow solo'ers, but at the moment there is none. This league allowed those drivers to have longer races to drive solo.
Lastly, it is not always possible that both drivers can commit to all races. Instead of having to miss the round, it is better that even 1 driver can drive when other can't. Better for teams and better for participation.
It ultimately is up to one's opinion which style prefers, but in this case I don't think min driver limits were feasible to make this happen.

(That good idea-comment was pointing that I'd support having the races every 3-4 weeks though :D)

Reactions: Def

Deerladog

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 24, 2017
I would definitely sign up again, I really enjoyed it. I couldn't make some rounds, but in theory attendance percentage should be better here because a driver missing doesn't have to mean a car missing. Ultimately we would need more teams though, I'm not really sure how to go about that. Having it in line with the GTE calendar no doubt helped. If I have any brainwaves I'll be sure to let you know :)

Reactions: Tex Wheeler

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
I would sign up again if there would be more participants, or at least stable ones. Not sure how to ensure that though.

Knor The Dragon

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 19, 2014
The season was conducted very well organizing wise, coming from an LMP1 driver, the teams were spread out in pace terms, (Car difference escalated this) but it was fine, you can't do anything about people not turning up to races, people have lives or just cba to invest the time, these races are alot of investment for the 3 hour races in the end. I would suggest that the races be spread out over 3 week periods instead and have a long season.

My only big issue with the season planning was that we got sent to tracks that do not suit both classes of cars in a racing enviroment. The biggest red flag was MoSport where the LMP1's were so fast and the track not suited to Multi-Class racing made all the teething problems escalate. Maybe the season should be tracks that stay close the official iRacing schedule but if we get a really ineffective track, that to be replaced with a more suitible one.

I loved the LMP1/GTE dynamic and not having LMP2's mucking around in the centre made traffic a hell of alot easier than what it is in the official series. GTE field being well behaved makes a change for once :love:

But again, thank you @The Genius @Argon @Stephan for the co-ordination and @Stevie for even setting this up, being a LMP1 main driver, it was nice to see something that I could take part in. :D

Oh and @AOR Midg3t who I had to backpack for most the season bar Silverstone :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: The Genius and Def