AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 1 (Races 1/2) - Suzuka | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 1 (Races 1/2) - Suzuka

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
First time driving the car right now, I'm in the 57s but am really not getting on well with the car at all. I don't know what it is, maybe my driving style, but I can never seem to get the GT cars to work for me in iRacing, forever understeering and just have zero confidence the car will do what I want. Maybe I just need a while to get used to it after driving the beautiful Porsche for a whole season :love:...

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I did a low 2min on a full tank and when I let some fuel out, I did a 1.59.8 :p

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
From what I did in testing yesterday, I managed a 58 something... I think.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Did my very first laps yesterday in this car..apart from 2 laps on le mans earlier....and wow it was a shock after running the hpd all week...but after a couple of laps i got the hang of it had my opt down to a 55.7...but as said...people probably will do 54's....

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Did my very first laps yesterday in this car..apart from 2 laps on le mans earlier....and wow it was a shock after running the hpd all week...but after a couple of laps i got the hang of it had my opt down to a 55.7...but as said...people probably will do 54's....
A lot of it depends on track temp. It is surprising how much time you can gain on a slightly cooler track.

Giannii98

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2016
Did a lap with the Ford while testing and thought why not upload it and show it here :)
It´s with 100 Usage and Default Morning weather

Laptime: 1,54,919 on 48 L IMSA Race Fuel

I just don´t know why I´m faster with 100% Usage than 20% Usage

(I hope it´s okay that I post a link here)

Reactions: Erti147 and Stevie

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
A lot of it depends on track temp. It is surprising how much time you can gain on a slightly cooler track.
was running default morning with that...just had a session with cooler conditions and did a 54.3 with opt op 53.8 but vecchio did a 53.7 in the ford :D

and keanie...well...he is from another planet tbh...he did a 53.1 :eek:

Giannii98

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2016
Yes remember that, was quite bad for me that session, had a optimal of 53,2 but for some reason my tires were dead after the first lap every time

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Stevie's hosting a session right now if anyone wants

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
That practice session was very useful.

I think overtaking is going to be quite difficult here. I had a faster @Milligan behind me and without defending, I kept him behind for a good numbers of laps and it was only when I made a mistake did he get past. Likewise when I repassed him.

Really... REALLY looking forward to Wednesday now.

Reactions: Milligan

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
That practice session was very useful.

I think overtaking is going to be quite difficult here. I had a faster @Milligan behind me and without defending, I kept him behind for a good numbers of laps and it was only when I made a mistake did he get past. Likewise when I repassed him.

Really... REALLY looking forward to Wednesday now.
Thanks for hosting! I don't think I've ever had a practice session like that before. These cars are a blast to race in and Wednesday couldn't come soon enough.

Overtaking will be a challenge here so I hope with the reverse grid every keeps their cool and stays patient. Quick question: if there are multiple drivers who fail to record a lap for qually, where do they start and in what order?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Thanks for hosting! I don't think I've ever had a practice session like that before. These cars are a blast to race in and Wednesday couldn't come soon enough.

Overtaking will be a challenge here so I hope with the reverse grid every keeps their cool and stays patient. Quick question: if there are multiple drivers who fail to record a lap for qually, where do they start and in what order?
They're doubly screwed, because they'll be at the back for race 1, in which case they'll be put in whatever order iRacing chooses (I think it goes off iRacing), and they don't get reversed for race 2. So they will again be at the back. Failing to get a lap in will hardcore suck.

• Informative
Reactions: Milligan

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 6, 2017
Going to miss Round 2, 3, 4 and maybe 5 since my parents planned a trip without telling me, *sigh* :(
I will report my absence in the thread for those races too, and wish you guys have a great opening round.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I'm sat in the AOR Discord, iRacing channel doing some practice if anybody wants to chat.