AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 1 (Races 1/2) - Suzuka | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 1 (Races 1/2) - Suzuka

VICSALT

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 15, 2014
Sorry guys really pissed, can't make tonight's race, Ben testing all week, and now can't attend, Have a good one.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Race 1 goes fine, happy with P11.

Race 2, sh*t hits the fan, navigate the start as best as I could, was up to P6 and went for an overtake in 130R, slowed right down and turned in, but car didn't have it and spun.. recovered, then some guy dive bombed me into spoon and smashed my left front so the car understeered like no tomorrow, recovered again and was running ok, until I sped into the pits.. AGAIN, by like 1mph. Then after I came out, it all ended as I T-boned a spun car, had to repair damage for 11mins, race over.

Ben Hackeson

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 7, 2017
Really fun night!!

Race 1: Qualified ok, best of the rest behind the swarm of yellow. Had a cracking start and made 2 positions in very tight circumstances, first 6-8 laps was driving defensive against the SimRC drivers, one got through the other went for a trip on the grass so I ended up 5th. Really fun race, very hard work.

Race 2: Started 23rd, craziness happened on the pit straight, guys spun in front of me and I picked my way through to 9th by the end of the 1st lap. By the the end of the 4th lap I was leading!!
Eventually Jurgen got through the pack and caught me, I let him go as I thought I didn't have the pace to stay ahead of Dustin but I suprised myself. Really happy with 2nd.

I'll do a post race video of the first 4 laps of Race 2 and possibly all of Race 1.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Well bit of mixed feelings...

Q: took a banker lap and wanted to push on my final lap ruined a possible 54...but p8 was decent enough

R1 sprint: the Simrc guys took off...had some battle all race long with someone I cant remember his name but I was struggling with the setup...it wasnt good all but finished in p6 which was pretty ok with all those simrc guys around and considering I hate suzuka :D

R2 feature: The start....come on....that was a hilarious joke....please don't do that again in the next races :eek:
then ppl spun around in front of me in t1...had to brake really hard but the guy who spun didn't use his brake so he was rolling backwards and he tapped me around!! so was basically last...then later on had a spin again in the hairpin...my car was damaged I had 40 seconds repair in the pit lol :D but still great recovery to p8 considering i was on x15 for 10 laps or so :D lol

here is my pov:
race start around 16/17 minutes

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I will try and stream using OBS, usually use Shadowplay, but obviously that is quite limited, thanks!

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
why got some guys black flags cleared?
I requested mine to be cleared because I didn't think it was fair, it was from failing to clear a cut track, even though it was 0.0 before the penalty came. If the stewards want to discuss it then I'm happy with that.

The other I think was a problem with the rolling start mess?

Christobal90

Pro Karter
Jun 12, 2017
Hmm, then I have to activate the voice chat and I think my teammates also, if this is a common procedure. We are driving private leagues like NES, GES or DGFX where voice and text chat is forbidden during the race and will be penalized.

We had for example something similar in the GES Round1 where Mivano goes off throttle after accelerating for the start and we got the black flag.

Reactions: Ben Hackeson

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Hmm, then I have to activate the voice chat and I think my teammates also, if this is a common procedure. We are driving private leagues like NES, GES or DGFX where voice and text chat is forbidden during the race and will be penalized.

We had for example something similar in the GES Round1 where Mivano goes off throttle after accelerating for the start and we got the black flag.
It's not a common procedure, no, on reflection I shouldn't have requested it, and wouldn't again, I was just a bit frustrated.

Voice chat is welcomed, but obviously spamming and stuff like that is frowned upon.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
I cleared the black flag for Andrew because of the stupid start where Rolf like never moved

I thought Sara had a bf for the same thing but she was being cheeky as it was a cut

I won't be clearing black flags again as I don't expect that kind of a mess at the start again

Anyway, messed up quali, had to make sure I got a lap in. Was involved in a squeeze at Turn 1, fell doon the field, recovered to 16th, couldn't quite get Stevie

I backed off from the mess at the start, somehow was still where I started after the first lap. The fast guys were coming through , Gianni and Dustin. Gianni got involved in something at degna 2 which gave me back a position. I was in a steady 4th until the last 3 laps where I decided to spin at T1 and reduce the gap to ma teammate from 10s to 2s. Luckily got ma arse in gear and finished 4th

Hope ya's enjoyed and stick aroond for the rest of the season :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Man, that was a lot of fun! Until this week it was a long time since I had driven a GT car competitively, and I never used to be particularly amazing at it, so I wasn't really expecting anything at all performance-wise coming into this season, but to my surprise I managed a top 10 in qualy which was a very positive start. Race 1 was basically a race long defense from @Christobal90, as I didn't quite have the pace to challenge the top 7 guys, and I managed to hold on to 8th after some sweaty laps of pressure - including keeping 0x incident points!

As for Race 2, the start was obviously quite messy - I got tapped in the rear at turn 1 (racing incident) which spun me around. Feared I would have pretty bad damage, but luckily the car still felt good so I was able to carry on and fight upwards through the field. Made some passes and picked up some positions through incidents, and just tried to drive consistently and somehow after the pit-stops ended up in a fight for 5th with @Eric and then @Christobal90 (again lol) - culminated on the penultimate lap with Christoph making a surprise move up the inside of Spoon to pass me, but I reacted quickly and got the run into 130R and made the move stick round the outside, which got me a bit excited :p Then kept it clean through the final lap to bring home the 5th place.

So yeah... 4th in the standings... not sure how that happened :p Good points from @Erti147 as well to put Force F(errar)isi 3rd in the teams.

Cheers to everyone I battled, really enjoyed that. My Twitch stream can be found here for anyone interested.

Pic from the Race 1 start:
AOR FCCAF S1 R1 Suzuka Sprint 1.jpg

Pic from the Race 2 start:
AOR FCCAF S1 R1 Suzuka Feature 1.jpg

Couple of other pics:
AOR FCCAF S1 R1 Suzuka Sprint 2.jpg

AOR FCCAF S1 R1 Suzuka Feature 4.jpg