AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 1 (Races 1/2) - Suzuka | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 1 (Races 1/2) - Suzuka

Dustin

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 12, 2017
Two interesting races for me!

Race 1 was just about saving the podium and take the three bonus points. But there was one moment so I messed it up and ended up with 1 inc :D The start itself was very good and good fun in this car. The problem was that my teammate Gianni missed his start totally so I lost a bit momentum but it was still a good start with P2

Unfortunately I was told that my connection was very bad in this race so I let Gianni pass to avoid some issues. Like I sad, in the end it was about saving the podium and the bonus :D

Race 2 then was the real opposite. The start of course was very chaotic so I found my way right on the outside of the track of turn 1 where I managed it to avoid Fisi just by milliliters :D But unfortunately I got hit somewhere - the car basically looked fine but I was lacking topspeed big time.

After some problems in the race with Andy which ended in an incident I was behind Jürgen and there I stayed for the rest of the race basically. Together we managed to gain some spots but later on in clean air I wasn't able to keep it up with him neither with Ben so it was again a third place and I'm quite happy with the two results of this race weekend!

Christobal90

Pro Karter
Jun 12, 2017
Quali:
I totally messed my quali. I got an offtrack in the first lap in spoon and decided to start a new run with two flying laps. But I lost the rear at 130R and destroyed my front. With a damaged car I qualified 9th. P6 was my target to get the SimRC front lockout.

Race1:
I had a good start and could catch fisi in turn1. The complete race I have been stuck behind a small fighting group. As a Ferrari two cars ahead missed his breaking zone. Fisi took the chance to overtake me and from now on he was ahead and I couldn't pass him. In lap 10 I tried to pass him, but I lost my car and a position. Which I luckily was able to gain again in the last corner of the last lap. So P10 is a little disappointing for me.

Race2:
The start was absolutely chaotic. I came out of the last corner and the field accelerates and short before the S/F line the field wanted to stop again. Why? It was a normal rolling iRacing start and I haven't seen such a big carnage. In turn one a red Ferrari on my right side lost is car over the curb a bit and forced me into fisi and we both spon and had damage from now on.
But my car felt good, there was only a little bit of top speed missing. In the first couple of laps, there stood nearly in every corner a car and I could gain some positions early. Before my pit stop I was on P4 and I came out of the box 2 sec behind Fisi. Per lap I was round about 1 second faster than Fisi, but I couldn't pass him. In lap 22 we had a decent scene where I surprised him in spoon with a move, but his straight line speed was a little bit better than mine and he could pass me in 130R with a great move again. I was really afraid that we both crash and didn't on the limit through 130R.

Last edited:
Reactions: FisiFan91

Andy Collins-Reed

Junior Karter
Jun 9, 2017
Mixed races for me.

this was my first league race, have been on Iracing for 4 years nearly and finally decided to do a league, really enjoyed it.

race one. had a race long battle with @ramdrop was really good, really enjoyable.

race two, was a different matter, strange start people werent going....... dunno if something happened up front. Was a bit of a wreckfest first couple of laps, but settled down nicely. my race ended with an incident which is a shame but on to the next one. hope next week is as good :D

congrats to the race winners.

Reactions: FisiFan91

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
On reflection, I think we can say that was a success.

Race 1 went well. The standing start certainly mixed things up. Some people know how to get the car off the line, others don't. Other's will probably find out by next week and I won't be able to capitalise again, but hey ho. Thoroughly enjoyed race 1 for the first 2 laps, running nicely behind me team-mate. Who then had simply the best drift I've ever seen... which soon became the slowest spin I've ever seen, couldn't avoid it and we had a little bump. Pace was down but not quite as bad as I expected.

Race 2 started badly, picking up an off track at 130R under rolling start conditions whilst telling everyone I'll make fun of them if they crash.

From now on, I'll put an image of where the "go" point is for the rolling start. Generally, as soon as the pace car is in, you want to be going. There seemed to be a some confusion (I assume), where @Rolf Just thought we were using the start line that we did for the first race? If possible, I highly recommend doing at least one IMSA race a week, just because there you'll get an idea on when to go for the rolling start. It wasn't something we even considered being a possibility :p

Nevertheless, I went from 13th to second by turn 1! Slipped up the inside and chased off after @Andrew S Micke. Spent a couple of laps behind him and just as I start attackin...g h..im my int....net de..ides to be .. tota.. fuc...g arseho.... I hoped it would calm down and it thankfully did but goddamn that was annoying. Especially as the move on Andrew was quite nice, inside into 130R. Which then because I was looking at my Q/L bars, I then fell off at turn 2 and let him through again. THEN, well then I dropped it out of spoon and thwacked the wall. It wasn't going well, but I finished in the top 10 by some miracle.

I said it last night. Every series has teething troubles and I took great positives last night that there seemed to be battling up and down the field.

Remember, if you're interested in getting the races broadcast, consider donating here

Onto the next one. :rolleyes:

Rolf Just

Junior Karter
Aug 5, 2016
Yes you right Stevie I wasn't sure where starts it exactly and then I pressed accidental the speed limiter button :banghead: Sry guys please accept an apology from an ovalguy (Nascar) :bag:

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Would someone be able to send me the replay for the sprint race please? Mine just refuses to play

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Yeah email or dropbox, either works. You'd just have to go to the folder where the replay files are saved and grab it from there.

D:\Documents\iRacing\replay
Looks like that for me, but swap D for whatever drive you have yours installed on / documents located

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
Well bit of mixed feelings...

Q: took a banker lap and wanted to push on my final lap ruined a possible 54...but p8 was decent enough

R1 sprint: the Simrc guys took off...had some battle all race long with someone I cant remember his name but I was struggling with the setup...it wasnt good all but finished in p6 which was pretty ok with all those simrc guys around and considering I hate suzuka :D

R2 feature: The start....come on....that was a hilarious joke....please don't do that again in the next races :eek:
then ppl spun around in front of me in t1...had to brake really hard but the guy who spun didn't use his brake so he was rolling backwards and he tapped me around!! so was basically last...then later on had a spin again in the hairpin...my car was damaged I had 40 seconds repair in the pit lol :D but still great recovery to p8 considering i was on x15 for 10 laps or so :D lol

here is my pov:
race start around 16/17 minutes

What camera did you use? I like it! It's VR or anything like that?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Yeah email or dropbox, either works. You'd just have to go to the folder where the replay files are saved and grab it from there.

D:\Documents\iRacing\replay
Looks like that for me, but swap D for whatever drive you have yours installed on / documents located
It'll have to wait until tonight. Uploading just destroys my internet.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Yes you right Stevie I wasn't sure where starts it exactly and then I pressed accidental the speed limiter button :banghead: Sry guys please accept an apology from an ovalguy (Nascar) :bag:
No worries mate, these things happen. (y)

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Caught some action on Fisi's stream and I am very happy to see and read that most of you had a blast yesterday! Also very good to see lots of people joining the race! Participation was great!!

2nd race start was obviously not a success but I'm sure that will not happen again.
The first few races will mostly be about getting to know eachother and see who are on the same pace as you, i.e. with whom you will battle the most during the season.

The biggest advantage for me personally, with driving in a league, is that I'll start to get to know all of you (obviously it will take a bit longer since race 3 will be my first one) and to gain trust and respect for eachother and have an awesome championship.

If we can get broadcasting started it would even be more awesome so if you have some money you can donate, please do so we can have awesome livestreams!