AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 1 (Races 1/2) - Suzuka | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 1 (Races 1/2) - Suzuka

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Caught some action on Fisi's stream and I am very happy to see and read that most of you had a blast yesterday! Also very good to see lots of people joining the race! Participation was great!!

2nd race start was obviously not a success but I'm sure that will not happen again.
The first few races will mostly be about getting to know eachother and see who are on the same pace as you, i.e. with whom you will battle the most during the season.

The biggest advantage for me personally, with driving in a league, is that I'll start to get to know all of you (obviously it will take a bit longer since race 3 will be my first one) and to gain trust and respect for eachother and have an awesome championship.

If we can get broadcasting started it would even be more awesome so if you have some money you can donate, please do so we can have awesome livestreams!
Yeah it was a blast....you can have really good battles and overtakes in this car...but to be OP you really need a great setup like the simrc guys have :) so don't expect to be anywhere near those guys :D

but I had some good fun defending :) unfortunately I got wrecked in t1 in the feature race since I had great pace with a new setup I tried so it didn't really come out but had a massive comeback to p8 :D

Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Yeah it was a blast....you can have really good battles and overtakes in this car...but to be OP you really need a great setup like the simrc guys have :) so don't expect to be anywhere near those guys :D
@Gunar Nijenhuis don't take that from him. That's throwing down the gauntlet. That's the challenge. That's the "Can you open that pickle jar for me?" Raise to the challenge!

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
@Gunar Nijenhuis don't take that from him. That's throwing down the gauntlet. That's the challenge. That's the "Can you open that pickle jar for me?" Raise to the challenge!
I love a good challenge! And to be fair, I'm not the only one that is new to GT cars so it's definitely gonna take time to learn about the behaviour of the car and learn how to create fast and stable setups, but it will definitely be my goal to beat the simRC guys :D

Antonis Despotakis

Junior Karter
Jun 7, 2017
Basically, if you have something yellow behind you, it's probably faster than you. Or it's Evan.
Since we're talking about yellow, can I change my livery for the rest of the season? I chose a yellow dunlop livery for this league as I didn't know that yellow would be so common. I plan on splitting the SimRC guys in the next few races and it would be a shame if I was still lost inside the yellow stuff :)

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Since we're talking about yellow, can I change my livery for the rest of the season? I chose a yellow dunlop livery for this league as I didn't know that yellow would be so common. I plan on splitting the SimRC guys in the next few races and it would be a shame if I was still lost inside the yellow stuff :)
Absolutely, go ahead. :)

Giannii98

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2016
After I calmed down a bit also a longer version of the races from me :D

Race 1:

Pole really nothing more to say only that I nearly messed up my lap as I saw the 53,1 from Jürgen :D

The start was really, let´s say a bit untidy, I rolled a bit forward when I was holding the clutch but I really don´t know why, that´s why I messed up the start and didn´t hit the clutch point, so Dustin and Jürgen caught me easily.
Dustin let me throug for the excuse "I want to have that extra 0 or 1 x Point and with you behind me it´s unlikely I will get it" :D

So I was behind Jürgen, I offered him a beer from Tegernsee and he let me through and also he wanted those extra points (boooooooring) so I won the first race quite easily.

Race 2:

I had already a big smile on my face when we got the green flag in the last chicane so I went full throttle but then I saw everyone is braking and lifting and I also did that and made like 2-3 positions. The Problem was that I gave Jürgen the wrong Tegernsee beer and he was angry and knocked everything out of my Italian Beauty and I found my self in the wrong direction of the track again.

I started the run from like last and ended up on third or second on lap 6 and wanted to pass someone infront of the first 90° Corner and we touched each other quite unlucky:banghead:, even more unlucky was it that Jürgen couldn´t avoid me and crashed directly to my hurt right front wheel and broke my suspension and the race was over.

What I learned from that?

Never make a joke with Jürgen again. Never.

Joking he will get the false beer again at the WEC and Simexpo :sneaky:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
@Tipple, I can't send you the replay because literally the moment I try to upload, my internet dies.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014

Upon editing this... I realised that my 'wow they just picked me up and put me down again', in the pit-stop was in fact because I forgot to untick one tyre box, so they changed only my rear right. lolololololol

• Winner
Reactions: Tipple and Erti147

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Bit late, but I decided to edit down the highlights of my stream last week!

Reactions: Tipple