AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 10 (Races 19/20) - Autódromo José Carlos Pace | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 10 (Races 19/20) - Autódromo José Carlos Pace

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
SO RIGHT WHEN MY WHEEL BROKE, I JUST BOUGHT A NEW BASE AND RIM BECAUSE THAT WAS ALL I NEEDED RIGHT?!
LITERALLY THE DAY I GET IT, MY CLUTCH PEDAL DECIDES TO BE ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS, AND IT JUST RANDOMLY CUTS IN AND GIVES ME NO DRIVE.

SO YESTERDAY RIGHT. I THOUGHT AHH I'M SO CLEVER, I'LL CHANGE MY CLUTCH TO A DIFFERENT BUTTON, SO THE PEDAL CAN HAVE A LAUGH AND IT WON'T AFFECT ME, RIGHT?!

AND TODAY. IN THE BASTARD IMSA RACE MY ACCELERATOR PEDAL STARTS CUTTING OUT. NIIIIIIIIIIICE. FUUUUUUCKING NICE.

UrBaNz Octane x

AOR iRacing Formula Renault 2.0 S7 Champion
Jul 27, 2015
SO RIGHT WHEN MY WHEEL BROKE, I JUST BOUGHT A NEW BASE AND RIM BECAUSE THAT WAS ALL I NEEDED RIGHT?!
LITERALLY THE DAY I GET IT, MY CLUTCH PEDAL DECIDES TO BE ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS, AND IT JUST RANDOMLY CUTS IN AND GIVES ME NO DRIVE.

SO YESTERDAY RIGHT. I THOUGHT AHH I'M SO CLEVER, I'LL CHANGE MY CLUTCH TO A DIFFERENT BUTTON, SO THE PEDAL CAN HAVE A LAUGH AND IT WON'T AFFECT ME, RIGHT?!

AND TODAY. IN THE BASTARD IMSA RACE MY ACCELERATOR PEDAL STARTS CUTTING OUT. NIIIIIIIIIIICE. FUUUUUUCKING NICE.
Stevie...... calm dooooon
[DOUBLEPOST=1502831915][/DOUBLEPOST]
Stevie...... calm dooooon
Keep calm and buy t3pa pro pedals

Reactions: Erti147

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 6, 2017
Might have to sit out this week due to some financial issue.

After pre-ordering Pcars2 I now only have $25 left in wallet, re-subscription needs $13 and the track need $14, 13+14>25. Hopefully I can find a part-time job or something like that, and make it to the rest 2 races :D

Last edited:

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
Well this sucks. I won't be able to race tonight as after switching broadband less than a week ago my internet has been all over the place. I tried joining to see if it was possible but with constant 300+ ping its not worth it:(. Hope you all have a good race

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Well this sucks. I won't be able to race tonight as after switching broadband less than a week ago my internet has been all over the place. I tried joining to see if it was possible but with constant 300+ ping its not worth it:(. Hope you all have a good race
:(

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Sprint race was really enjoyable and the first 5 laps of the feature were new ground for me... leading the race for 5 laps! I could have held off for maybe another 1 or 2 but I pooped it coming out of the Senna S and tagged my bumper on the barrier. Didn't do much damage as I was there or there abouts until my pitstop - which ruined my race, dropped a couple of spots and about 6 seconds by putting too much fuel in.

After that it was 1x after 1x because the track limits here are stupid. I had to coast for the last 10 or so laps to avoid getting DSQ'd. 2 top 10's though so I'm not complaining. Well actually I just did. Still.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Q: P5, only did my first lap and since it was 28.2 I wasn't expecting to improve on that so I used the rest of the time to practise starts since I forgot in qualy....all practise starts where decent'ish...

R1 sprint: Allthough all my practise starts where ok...my real start was very very poor it started to bog down and I lost a position to Soren krosen....luckily I could overtake him in lap 1 which was very crucial I think for the rest of the race....in the end I had a personal pace car in front of my in the name of @McPhilen which was very helpful to get some decent steady pace....so in the end an easy solid 5th place...

R2 feature: start was a bit messy but once everything settled I was gaining on the group in front going into turn 1 with a lot of cars still pretty close...but then Soren tried to hang it around the outside of Patrick Heinrich and he got tapped so he spun in front of me....and I ran into him....and @Gunar Nijenhuis couldnt avoid either and smashed into my back....which gave me a required repair of 11 minutes...so that was race over....decided to wait and do some fun laps...which was enjoyable in the end following my personal pace car again in front of me @McPhilen this time we had some closer fun :) it was good but wasn't worth anything which bothers me since I need solid points for the championship :(

hopefully better luck next week :)

c most of ya on friday @ spa and otherwise see ya next week.\

cheers

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Well, I had an enjoyable nights racing.

Quali: 4th, really happy with that. Gap to the top guys was still hilarious, but at least they were all insanely close.

Race 1: Great start, thought I could jump both @Giannii98 and @Dustin into T1, but in the end just got Gianni, who I was able to keep behind for a small amount of time before he was able to make a pass and then he set off catching Dustin. Perhaps I should have let him go earlier to catch whilst Dustin was close, but I thought the pace difference between us was too great. Either way, I then ended up having @Lorrentz behind me for a while right until the end, so there was some pressure on there, but it made the laps at the end actually enjoyable. Finished 4th

Race 2: Really great start, was able to get up into 3rd eventually after making a few passes here and there, and then coming through turn 3 (can't remember what lap) something happened with @Richtofen in the lead which caused both myself and Gianni to run a bit wide. I was then trying a move on Gianni at turn 4. I wanted to turn back in to get a switch back, but both @Pat stuck his car in there, which was potentially asking for trouble , and Gianni sat a little on the apex, but it ended up okay in the end. I had a small contact with Gianni because of that, but it looks like it only really affected me. I then spent most of the rest of my race, until the pits, trying to keep Dustin behind, which I did, but then after the pit stop phase, and a slow pit stop from me, Dustin came out clear ahead. I then had a battle with Lauren's, who was a few laps down, which was all good as there wasn't much else going on, and it was fun. Finished 4th again, so twice I was best of the non SimRC guys.

Overall, fun times.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Qualified P9! ERMEHGERD.

Bogged down at the start. Classic. However. Masterclass, took to the outside for turn 1, got passed Fis and Evan. Spent the entire first half of the first race holding Evan up. Also had some bantz with Gunar and Janick. Lap 9, went wide at shitty turn 4, what followed was bonkers and how we all didn't die was impressive. Lap 10/11, Janick and I decide to do synchonised spinning at turn 4, but he wasn't as committed as I was, and I dropped a load of places. Irritating, because I had good pace.

Race 2, again outside line into turn 1 got me past Fisi, Sara and had a pop at Evan but couldn't quite manage it. Had some laps near the front with me team-mate and Ev. Then I did a dumb fighting Force Ferrarisi and dropped it after boldly claiming that Knut wouldn't go round my outside. And I spun to the inside and let him. Like a champ. Focused on Evan and after some tactical discording, managed to pit and stay ahead of him. And a few mistakes later, I'm 8th. Had a rubbish final battle with Sara after she passed me and then got DSQ'd.

I gelled with this track pretty much from the get-go in this car.

It was so, so nice to actually be competitive for once. And the battling was clean and fun and it was so mega and it's why it breaks me so that the numbers are dropping week by week and we probably won't get a second season.

VIR's going to be a fucking bitch in these cars. Tough as ****.

2017-08-16 21-58-49_0.png

Krusen

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Sprint: Not much action, good result.

Feature: Meh. Waste of 30 min after the repairs for no points in the end anyway with only 74.19% completed laps.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
didni do a pwopah lap in quali - probably affected by not warming up in practice - i was busy applying for a job so what was about to happen for the rest of the night shows why I should stick to my guns and priorities AOR over real life lel

sprint race fisi bogged doon so I went past. Unfortunately Stevie was still there and ruined ma life. Got past when he went off at Turn 4 - Fisi was alongside him and I was watching this in my mirrors and didn't brake properly and let them both past again lol. Stevei made another mistake though cos of the pressure and ended up 9th.

Feature race it was a Scottish 1-2-3 for like 4 corners until I made a move on Sara which forced her wide sry bbz
But then, if it's not Stevie, it's BAWBAG POTTER @Richtofen now hawding me up and it was eventually too late to get past and lead a lap cos Gianni caught up. Phil predictably went up inside of Turn 1 and his caused me to get mugged in 3 corners and was back down with Fisi.
Then a spent a couple of laps working oot ma masterplan to jump the kackerlackscunts by pitting early.. Perfected pit entry and everything aboot the pit lane and was on ma way. comin oot...pink car.....ah ffs this better no be one of those....the dickhead comin on chat like "REMEMBER SPA?" HAHAHAH FECK OFF waldo wobble wanka
tbf he wasn't slow at first but I did end up losing 3-4 secs - stevie came oot 3secs ahead, so a went on the charge - caught him up...stuck again. Here's comes Gunar....al let you have a go at him mate....awww wtf is this, Gunar is slow on straights but quick on corners? NAE GID GUNAR LET ME BACK AT HIM
meanwhile we were fighting that much that fisiflap caught up from a spin. couldn't see an opening so I employed the Hamilton Bottas tactic, let Fisi past and have a go but if he doesni get past al be having that position back thanks....he got past immediately.....Stevie spun and we were both past thank fook for that.
By this point ma tyres were ded from all the fighting and ma arms were aching so Fisi got away and tried to get Gunar and nearly got him but naw

But when it all boils doon,....I didn't lose many points from the fighting and it was a smashing couple of races so am happy lol :finger: @StevieSQ @FisiFan91 @Gunar Nijenhuis @Richtofen @Janick Nijenhuis @The Genius

Janick Nijenhuis

Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2015
Race 1 was pretty cool and had some nice battles. Although my pace was not really great I kept in the top 10. @StevieSQ was spinning in turn 4 and therefore I needed to brake harder and was spinning as well. I F**** up one lap before the finish and end up as 17th....pfffff

Race 2: Really strange moment in turn 2 after the start. I felt someone was hitting me on the back side and was spinning again. Had damage and lost 1 second per lap. Made a stop early and had an optional repair of 50 seconds. Race over.....

After the race I watched the replay and saw that nobody hit me on the back. What could this be?? It was not that is lost the car at that moment. Gunar directly mentioned, someone hit you...

See you in the last race of this season. Next week I need to skip due to work.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Unfortunately had a quali ban so knew it was going to be 2 hard races.

Race 1: started in p16. Had a great start so after turn 1/2 already gained 5 places or so and was behind Fisi. @FisiFan91 - you weren't annoying at all, I actually really enjoyed battling with you! We were in a draft train so was hard for me to find a place to pass, but was a lot of fun untill your mistake at the last corner. P7 was the best I could do in the end after some more passes. Came close to Soren in p6 but not close enough.

Race 2: Soren spun in turn one on lap 2 and Laurens and I drove into him and spun as well. I had aero/suspension damage after that so was struggling on the straights and fast corners. But again it was a very fun race with great battles with @StevieSQ and @Erti147 and for the last laps Fisi chasing me. P5 was a good results considering the incident on lap 2.

Overall a fun night with the best result possible for 2 back of the grid starts.