AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 11 (Races 21/22) - Virginia International Raceway | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 11 (Races 21/22) - Virginia International Raceway

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
If nobody else pulls out, and everybody who is supposed to turn up, actually turns up AND Andrew (reserve) races,

Then we'll have fucking 20 drivers tonight.

What a load of ****.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
If nobody else pulls out, and everybody who is supposed to turn up, actually turns up AND Andrew (reserve) races,

Then we'll have fucking 20 drivers tonight.

What a load of ****.
This also requires Adam Tierney to stop being attacked by wasps. That would help.

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
I can confirm I will be here tonight.
I can also confirm my finishing position in both races will be DSQ.

• Funny
Reactions: Knallerbs

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
LOLOLOLOLOLESSTHAN20LOLOLOLOL

• Funny
Reactions: 1185323118

RolandK

Junior Karter
Jun 9, 2017
Sorry guys, but I'm not home right now, so I have to skip the first one. Not sure about the second race.

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
After getting DSQd on the final corner in the sprint race through my stupidity, my heart really wasn't in the feature (that and Fis murdered me after I half-spun into Sara's corner).

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Salty.

Also apologies to Ronnie for the contact, I was expecting you to yield the corner as I was ahead and its not exactly a corner to be launching back on the inside.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Q: decentish lap...could have gone a few tenths faster but oh well p4 was good enough after barely practise...

R1: patrick moser had an insane launch but apparently that was due to a jumpstart...luckily i could overtake him in turn 2/3...than i was in comfortable position to finish 3rd bit i made a stupid mistake around the tree so dropped behind @StevieSQ had a good overtake on my ex teammate @Rin Hato and was putting pressure on stevie again...but he choose well into turn 1 which dropped me off the track and i lost a ton of positions again...luckily other ppl where also falling of the track so was in p6 again in the final lap..but slightly outbraked myself after the long straight so lost one position to lukas which put me down to 7th...pretty gutted since p3 should have been the result...

R2: turn 1 was insane with 3/4 wide with me in the middle...i felt a car hit me which probably made me hit @FisiFan91 so that was unfortunate...then ppl felt off the road and heinrich overtook me and i was in p3 again...but knew i had the pace over @Gxbbs he touched with heinrich in turn 1 which made him spun...was going for the i side line but he moved forward so i ran into him with fairly high speed so car was wrecked....seems just my Luck in these feature races....well one more to go....not happy with my season too many dmf in feature races...

Cheers hopefully more cars on the grid next race and next season..

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Good overtake? You punted me off lolll

But yayyyyyyyy my first podium!

Last edited:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
It's a shame there were so few out there compared to where the season started, but a lot of the racing was great out there. Hopefully, next season will attract more people as they'll have driven the Ferrari and gotten more used to it rather than jumping into a new car into a completely new league.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Felt like this track was actually better to drive in the Ferrari compared to the Formula Renault. Unfortunately due to getting stuff ready for my Belgian GP trip I didn't have time to do any laps at all 15 mins before qualifying (also why I didn't stream). Was therefore pretty pleased that I managed to qualify in 8th lol (ahead of @StevieSQ most importantly :cool:).

Qualy didn't matter for much though as I was too cautious at the start and dropped behind Sara & Stevie immediately :p Highlight was making a daring outside move on Sara for 5th at her bottle corner, only to throw it (and 2 further positions) away by missing my braking point 3 corners later.

As for the 2nd race, got hit at turn 1, drove around with damage after that, but at least finished the race for an incredibly hard earned 7th place... :bag:

Unfortunately I'll be missing the final race due to my holiday, so to those of you who are still here, cheers for the racing this season! Shame that the numbers have dropped off as the season has gone on, but I've enjoyed driving this car for the most part, and I hope you can end it with a good final couple of races!

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I can't do a race report. Even in the sprint where I managed 4th, it's such a hollow position to get.

Getting 4th from 15 drivers just doesn't feel great.

Second race the depression of the current circumstances just got to me, I made a mistake at Oak Tree, and then fell off again at the next corner and just gave up. I wasn't angry, the car was fine but the whole thing just broke me.

15 drivers man. We started the season with nigh on 30 a night.

It's to a point where I don't want to even check the site on a Wednesday because I know I'll have at least 2 people telling me they can't race.

I yearn for a decent grid, and I hope we get a season 2, but I doubt it highly at current form.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I can't do a race report. Even in the sprint where I managed 4th, it's such a hollow position to get.

Getting 4th from 15 drivers just doesn't feel great.

Second race the depression of the current circumstances just got to me, I made a mistake at Oak Tree, and then fell off again at the next corner and just gave up. I wasn't angry, the car was fine but the whole thing just broke me.

15 drivers man. We started the season with nigh on 30 a night.

It's to a point where I don't want to even check the site on a Wednesday because I know I'll have at least 2 people telling me they can't race.

I yearn for a decent grid, and I hope we get a season 2, but I doubt it highly at current form.
Yeah the numbers is a real shame....doesnt feel great to qualify 4th with only 15 drivers...its poor....its sad...hopefully we can pull of a season 2 with largely filled grids otherwise i dont know what to do cause i am not enjoying the FR2.0 anymore....

• Agree
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Yeah the numbers is a real shame....doesnt feel great to qualify 4th with only 15 drivers...its poor....its sad...hopefully we can pull of a season 2 with largely filled grids otherwise i dont know what to do cause i am not enjoying the FR2.0 anymore....
Well Evan and I have already agreed even if we don't do Season 2 of this then we'll just do the official races together. That calendar is too good to not do it at all.

I'm in the same boat mate. I've had enough of FR and I really want this to kick off. But if it doesn't then I'll just stop league racing on iRacing. I'm not doing FR for the sake of it.