AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 12 (Races 23/24) - Imola | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 12 (Races 23/24) - Imola

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Hardly any practice but definitely don't want to miss what is probably the last race for the Ferrari league.

Again a big shame... I missed quite a lot of races as well, mainly due to summer holiday period. And it's just very hard to start a new league in a hype car, and gather of big group of dedicated people.

As others have said, I'll probably also will not return to the FR for the sake of having a league. Love the GTE's and wish there was more interest for next season... :(

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I'm seriously hoping the Ferrari v Renault thing takes off, just so I can justify paying for the broadcast, JUST SO I CAN GET THE FERRARI SEASON 2 LEAGUE MENTIONED.

Also, if it stays at current attendence (it won't) then we'll have a relatively big (pretty average) grid!

• Agree
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
If it stays at 13 for next season, and perhaps some new members. Maybe we just need to create some kind of fun league, nothing too serious. Just to keep driving this car with a dedicated group.

I don't know, maybe something like 4 supersprint races per night with reversed grids based on finishing order. Or random starting grids or whatever fun things we can come up with.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Would be a big shame if we cannot get a decent grid for season 2....really enjoy this car much more fun than that frikkin' FR...

• Agree
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
If it stays at 13 for next season, and perhaps some new members. Maybe we just need to create some kind of fun league, nothing too serious. Just to keep driving this car with a dedicated group.

I don't know, maybe something like 4 supersprint races per night with reversed grids based on finishing order. Or random starting grids or whatever fun things we can come up with.
Might be an idea. Will have to see what we can muster.

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016

I'd vote for entering teams in the endurance events throughout next season. Even 12 drivers is certainly enough for 3 teams of 4 and we could use the official races as testing.

• Agree
Reactions: Stephan

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I'd vote for entering teams in the endurance events throughout next season. Even 12 drivers is certainly enough for 3 teams of 4 and we could use the official races as testing.
That's an idea. I wouldn't do that personally, I'm not too fussed about all out endurance events but it's definitely an idea.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
totally ready to challenge for pole in the reserve grid :D
btw. are we using in game voice or teamspeak or smth?

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Cheers!

last questions :)

- could someone hint me how much fuel to take for race2? I have no idea :(

- is the reverse grid controlled by iracing or do we sort ourselves manually with a start in L2?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Cheers!

last questions :)

- could someone hint me how much fuel to take for race2? I have no idea :(

- is the reverse grid controlled by iracing or do we sort ourselves manually with a start in L2?
Question one, start on full and you'll need roughly about half a tank, maybe less.

iRacing will do it through Evan.

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
wohoooo! Survived Race 1 without being lapped! And no contact, very important. though some close calls. Hope wasn't in the way of anyone too much :)

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
That was intense! Somehow managed to lead L1 (expected to get passed in turn 1) then dropped to my natural environment, thw back of the field:)

Brilliant battle the last few laps, came down to a car length on the finish line. P10 - awesome!

Race was clean for me, no contact.
Good experience and more learning my race craft :)

Last edited:

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 6, 2017
Damn that was a close finish in R2 @Stephan

3 achievements unlocked in a single race:
√ Not on pole for reverse grid race
√ Lead the field for a corner
√ Stay in top 5 for more than one lap

Release the pit limiter a bit early when exiting pits, or I could have unlocked the 4th achievement -- finish in top 10

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to participate Season 2 due to real life schedule, but I would love to drive as a "guest driver" if I have a vacation during the season:D

• Winner