AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 12 (Races 23/24) - Imola | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 12 (Races 23/24) - Imola

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Sorry for those trying to watch the stream for the feature race, OBS refused to reconnect to Twitch for some reason, but the recordings are still good, I'll get those chopped together and uploaded tomorrow.

Thank you very much guys for providing me with the means to commentate on this league, its been a massive pleasure to do so

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Well I enjoyed the Sprint purely for the fact it ran fairly smoothly but the feature was a **** show. Punted off on lap 3 I think t was from 2nd and spent the rest of the race practically coasting due to the damage it caused.

Besides that I've really enjoyed driving this car and I really hope it gets the second season it deserves. Only without the dive-bombing.

Reactions: Stevie

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Q: 9th or 10th camt remember wasnt a great lap but considering i had not much practise it was ok...

R1: 1 stupid offtrack which cost me 2 points and probably lose out on knut for that arghhhhhhhh :D finished in p7 was just cruising steady trying not to offtrack :)

R2: had an amazing start amd was in p5 or 6 after the first chicane already...was about to gain another 2 positions on the exit of the hairpin but got punted and spun so ppl crashed into me and my car had over 3 minutes repairtime lol...but luckily it was some sort of driveable so tried to hang on.....made so many stupid mistakes in clean air and my car was getting worse and worse so p7 in the end was the best i could do...

It was a fun season guys even though we had simOP it was good allround...really hope we get in teh numbers for season 2

Cheers

P.s. Thanks to @StevieSQ and @Erti147 for organising this league keep it up

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
The excitement of having a decent grid, and a decent race in the first one was quickly ruined by some of the quite frankly **** driving in the second. I'm very convinced that I've seen one driver take another out on purpose too, which makes my blood boil.

Season of two halves really. First half was really good. Quite well behaved and decent turn-out, and the second half just plagued with drop-outs and no-shows and now some really stupid, idiotic driving in the final race.

My patience has worn thin and quite honestly, this has genuinely depressed me at times. The way this season has gone after starting out so fun and so brilliant.

Then races like tonight really fucking ruins it.

I highly doubt there will be a season two, if we do it then it may be a rolling race series. We'll just turn up and do it and if we hit similar low-numbers then I'll just stop it.

Congratulations to @Pat, you've been the class of the field and when it's gone wrong you've not come over the mic and complained.

A lot of people have had some criticisms of SimRC as a whole but I have had no problems with them. They've rarely been taken to the stewards and the majority of them have turned up week-in, week-out.

Thanks for those who have turned up every week, at least the majority of weeks. I understand sometimes life gets in the way and you can't attend but it's clear some people have a very low-priority when it comes to this series, which only hurts everyone else.

Thanks to @King-kodiak for the broadcasting. I know it's been a steep learning curve at a really difficult time really but you've done well. Thanks to @McPhilen too for helping out.

Muchos love to my main man super-mod @Erti147 for handling all the league sessions stuff and reverse grid etc. And part time cod @FisiFan91 for the generally updating of results.

I hope many of you will do the week 13 stuff, but I hope we have an influx of interest in a secondary season of this. I fucking love this car and I enjoy the races (generally). A little less stupid driving, a few more attendees and we'd have it made.

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 6, 2017
Sorry for those trying to watch the stream for the feature race, OBS refused to reconnect to Twitch for some reason, but the recordings are still good, I'll get those chopped together and uploaded tomorrow.

Thank you very much guys for providing me with the means to commentate on this league, its been a massive pleasure to do so
Damn, feature race today was my best race in the entire season, and you just happen to miss it XD

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Oh, as I am actually a beginner, any feedback on my driving and behavior on track is appreciated, good and bad. Still learning my racecraft :)

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Q: with the amount of time spend in the car the last 2 weeks, very happy with P6.

race 1: had very annoying stutters over the first half of the race and when the field was more spread out it was getting better. Chased down @Dustin for the last couple of laps which was fun. Happy with P6

race 2: Somehow survived the chaos on lap 1. Still no idea how but after that it was a very fun race with lots of overtakes. Had some damage on the car but luckily only optional repairs which I ofcourse didn't take.
Then I saw the AOR Porsche Cup master in front of me, @UrBaNz Octane x and I was more then ready for a very good battle. Closed the gap to him after the pitstops but Adam choked and lost it in turn 1. DUDEEEEE :p
So took P3 and cruised to the finish.

P6 and P3, couldn't have gone better (luckier).

Thanks to @Erti147 and @StevieSQ for arranging this season. Hopefully we can get something going next season! Great job on the organisation!

Also big thanks to @King-kodiak and @McPhilen ! very much enjoyed the commentaries!

Giannii98

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2016
In my opinion, if this keeps going on that atleast in every second race there is a big start wreck there won´t be that much guys who will run a full season. For me it was fun the first half but from Nürburgring on there were some questionable moves at the start.

Sometimes it´s better not to go 3 wide in the first few corners because obviously there are 45 min left for the race and not only 5 laps.

But atleast for me, don´t know what the others are planing, I won´t drive next season, we have Blancpain GT Qualifier, NEO, DGFX and maybe the CoRe League so I think that´s enough for the upcoming 12 weeks :D

Have fun in the future guys

Reactions: Erti147

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well all I can say is

Great race with @centro in race 1 lost the position because people cant find safe ways to rejoin the track and I had to slow right down for the chicane with a **** line going in anyway which I would of been able to hold but had to avoid said car so @centro did me on the last lap.

Race 2... GG, caught up in a rediculous crash AGAIN!

If there is a season 2 that would be great but if it starts off like this again then I’m not going to commit my time to it, I have been having great fun and actually been more competitive that I thought but to be caught up in the amount of lap 1 crashes I have been that’s no longer fun.

Again if there is a season 2 I will try and get some of me pals to sign up to boost numbers.
[DOUBLEPOST=1504167850][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and thanks to @StevieSQ and that @Erti147 guy for setting this up was great fun :)

Reactions: centro and Erti147

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Only seen the big crash in @King-kodiak stream. Was a big one, understand the frustration.
Didn't even notice it in my mirrors. Was too busy panicking about all the faster cars at my bumper and focused on staying on track and not f*ing up anyones race myself.
When I ran a little wide in the final corner and half the field past me due to my slow exit, I was finally able to take a breather and settle in, where I feel at home, right in the back and focus on my consistency. 2 incident points for the feature race highlight that.
The pace difference to the front was gigantic, so had no illusions. Wonder what I am doing wrong (long list?) that explains that huge difference. 2-3 seconds would have been nicer, but was more around 5 seconds.
@1185323118 absolutely enjoyed our battle. especially the last 2-3 laps, you made me sweat quite a bit. Let's do this again :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1185323118

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said other than Imola doesn't sit well with me. Sprint race was meh and I gave up half way through, same with the feature.

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

Erti147

Super Mod & F1 Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Quali I mucked up. The race itself was a mess for me in terms of driviing. I got damage from trying to avoid a 2 car crash infront of me. After that followed slowdowns, and offtracks and I got up to 11x but I did get to the end.

Sprint race was OK for me until end of Lap 3 when I had to accelerate to avoid getting hit by Sindre, and when you look at the replay I was also inside Patrick in front of me. So I lost a ton of places and had to pit-strat my way back up and ended up in a solid 6th a think.

I ended up like 5th in the standings, best of the rest after SimRC, so maybe I'll get a call from them to join their team eh lol

Thanks fto everyone who turned up and enjoyed it. Thanks @StevieSQ for doing forum stuff for this as I have been occupied with other stuff. Also thanks to @Gunar Nijenhuis who at the start of the season was enthusiastic about this and gave me and Stevie motivation for pushin this out, and he also posted the stuff on the iRacing forums for us, thanks man. :)

Hope you can get something sorted for next season.

Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

centro

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 19, 2015
Was quite surpriced about my quali pace. Didnt expect to be so high. Should have practiced starts before hand, as I stalled the car totally and lost so many places. :D Was fun battling with @Gxbbs

I really hope there will be next season aswell, as these cars are really fun to drive.

@King-kodiak you did quite good pronouncing my name. I've heard worst :)

Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014

If you weren't aware, apparently Twitch had a total meltdown last night. Wasn't just you :p

• Agree
Reactions: Stephan

Knallerbs

Pro Karter
Jun 9, 2017
Yay first **** storm is over...

I really had a bad day yesterday! I only want to explain how it comes to the big crash.
In the Video you see my Cockpit view (Yes I know FOV looks like the recommend settings from iRacing with only one monitor). You see I want to steer to the left until I see the car on my left side. I aborted to steer for a short time. Then happened, what had to happen...
I don't want to put the blame to the driver left from me! Only an idiot would doing so.

Maybe this was a reaction of the incident in the sprint race to give the driver left from me more space.

Stevie said this is stupid driving. Okay, that is your opinion. My opinion this is an evidence for the less experience from my side. I signed up for iRacing November last year. Since middle of Feburary this year I regular driving iRacing. And it is my first real simulation ever. But this should no excuse for the crash yesterday.

Sorry to all who was involved yesterday. No purpose. Be sure I learned from this yesterday.

Thanks for your attention!

Next **** storm please...

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I personally don't think you were at fault there Dennis, just an unfortunate incident. Being in the middle of a three wide is always the worst position to be in, but you didn't initiate it or do anything wrong really.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Yay first **** storm is over...

I really had a bad day yesterday! I only want to explain how it comes to the big crash.
In the Video you see my Cockpit view (Yes I know FOV looks like the recommend settings from iRacing with only one monitor). You see I want to steer to the left until I see the car on my left side. I aborted to steer for a short time. Then happened, what had to happen...
I don't want to put the blame to the driver left from me! Only an idiot would doing so.

Maybe this was a reaction of the incident in the sprint race to give the driver left from me more space.

Stevie said this is stupid driving. Okay, that is your opinion. My opinion this is an evidence for the less experience from my side. I signed up for iRacing November last year. Since middle of Feburary this year I regular driving iRacing. And it is my first real simulation ever. But this should no excuse for the crash yesterday.

Sorry to all who was involved yesterday. No purpose. Be sure I learned from this yesterday.

Thanks for your attention!

Next **** storm please...
Hey mate, I wasn't aiming that at anybody. I totally get accidents happen and you find yourself in situations where there's very limited options and none of them good. And to be honest, the 'stupid driving' I saw, wasn't really much on lap 1. There was some on lap 10, some on lap 5. Some very optimistic divebombs and/or silly turning into people on straights for example. You are not on my hit-list mate. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Knallerbs

Stephan

Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I'd vote for entering teams in the endurance events throughout next season. Even 12 drivers is certainly enough for 3 teams of 4 and we could use the official races as testing.
Aren't road Atlanta and Bathurst 1000 coming up?
RA I'll be doing, assuming I find someone my pace and safety, possibly a sloth with a helmet or a snail with go-faster-stripes and airbags.

Bathurst I'm not sure yet. Just bought the track and the Holden and am very confused.
My V8 supercar experience was on PCars and I was totally surprised by the iRacing Holden, as it changes direction when you turn the wheel :eek:
It changes directions in more fun ways also when using any of the pedals - so I'll need some practice here.

Btw. Do we have a photoshop wizard that could create a bunch of AOR liveries For every team? (One livery, change colors - done)