AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 2 (Races 3/4) - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 2 (Races 3/4) - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
That is true, yet I haven't caused accidents on lap 1 yet. If I **** up I'll happily admit it, but I am here to race and I know I am aggressive. You just simply can't sit passively trough the race, you gotta make moves when you know you can get out of them even if they backfire. If you no longer go for a gap etc.
Imo if you line up someone and then uses a week spot, then its skill. If you dive at other people who are taking it easy on lap 1, thats just greedy. Sure you want to race, but in my book, it isnt clean, and not what this league is about.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I actually got a top 10, wow! With huge damage, double wow!

Also, even all of the hazard stripes couldn't stop me from catapulting @Lorrentz in turn 1 <:

• Funny
Reactions: Lorrentz

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
Harrison, I wouldn't have said a divebomb but a risky overtake I admit. At the time there was a gap and had a bit of a run up the inside and decided to try and make it stick. If in anyway I feel it wouldn't have worked then I would have backed right off. Anyways, isn't rubbing racing?

But I take your point and will consider the possible implication next time and think twice maybe
well personally I only feel you made the move as I took avoiding action and we still made contact on both occasions I like fair racing where there's a bit of rubbing but not like that on lap 1. I'm not the cleanest guy here so I get what you mean but just take caution it could've ended a lot worse but I accept your point.

Reactions: Simon Underhill

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
quali - messed up the second lap but luckily more people messed up

Race 1: led all laps. Not even one scary moment in terms of almost crashing

Race 2: Just about avoided Laurens' car and I think I was in p11 or p12 after lap 1. Followed Evan for quite a few laps passing people and trying to stay with him. Then Evan let me pass to chase down some more people. When in P3, Jason and Simon had very good pace so decided to pit. Coming out the pits I lost some time since someone was right in front of me but was glad to see that I jumped Jason during the pitstops.

Unlucky for Simon he spun because I dont think I would've catched him. Nice pace mate. Too bad you couldn't take the win.

For me it was a perfect night, on this track, without any mistakes...pfoe

Reactions: Simon Underhill

Simon Underhill

Formula Karter
Sep 11, 2017
well personally I only feel you made the move as I took avoiding action and we still made contact on both occasions I like fair racing where there's a bit of rubbing but not like that on lap 1. I'm not the cleanest guy here so I get what you mean but just take caution it could've ended a lot worse but I accept your point.
Great racing with you anyways bud, I feel we are going to have some close battles throughout this Championship

Reactions: Finch

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Also, apologies to @heuer91 for the contact in race 2. Just had a little wobble on entry. Caught it and then was just slightly too wide on entry which led to the contact. Annoyed at myself for that one, the car was just too loose and I slightly over corrected it. I think @Tony Baird might have gotten a contact from it as well? I know my car was wrecked after that, but it looked like you might have gotten away with it a bit more. Either way, I apologise for that too.

Other than that, race night was basically the same as last week, finish 2nd in the sprint after not being able to match Gunar, and then fading a bit towards the end on pace and consistency. Didn't have the pace around here in race conditions, felt the grip went off way too quickly for my liking and that meant I was really struggling to keep it all together and not fly off the track, especially at the corkscrew. Still, I enjoyed all the laps I did, love the circuit.

Oh well, onto next week!

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Solid sprint race getting 4th

Then feature it was a good start avoiding things and got up to 6th quickly,.
Though randomly my frame rate went to **** one lap just before the corkscrew and couldn't drive - luckily it was early enough to pit so I went in and stopped at ma box and went to Task manager to see wtf was gan on, which a sorted. I had lost like 10-15secs though.
got back into the top 10 and was behind Darren who was holding me up for the 2nd week in a row lol. Ma frame rate issue reappeared after a few laps into the fight (just before the corkscrew again) though and when we got the left hander after the corkscrew, the frame rate put me inside Darren and we spun. with that I was on 15x somehow and then I went and got another off track and got ma first DSQ ever in a league race.

First DSQ and first frame rate issue like that......never again :facepalm:

Reactions: Finch

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Quali: Set my PB on my second lap but bottled on the third with nearly 2 tenths in hand. 14th was probably safer than further up tbf as I managed to avoid the spinning cars out of t1.

Sprint: Wasn't bad, avoided spinning cars and held for a top 10.

Feature: Had to avoid more carnage on lap 1, I think 2 cars went off in front of me and I had to drive off track and 2 cars got past. Some of the quicker guys came through but I was still in contention for a top 10 for the rest of the race so long as I didn't bottle it. I had a slow-ish stop and lost about 5 seconds to some other cars behind which probably cost me 7th by the end of the race as contact with Evan knocked me back 3 spots. It was a bit of a strange one from my perspective as I was initially a bit off line and low on grip as a result and Evan sailed up on the inside but much more quickly that I anticipated as I moved to defend the line and we touched. It could have been worse but thankfully I managed to at least gain 1 position back out of the 3.

3 Top 10's on the trott is a record in AOR for me so let's see if I can extend that...

Tony Baird

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Well not a great week for me to be honest. Had to start from the back in both races. Sprint race was okay but the feature race was a bit of a disaster as got disqualified due to really a couple of unfortunate incidents.

Onto next week let's hope that is a bit better

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I actually got a top 10, wow! With huge damage, double wow!

Also, even all of the hazard stripes couldn't stop me from catapulting @Lorrentz in turn 1 <:
I've asked Iracing if they could make a big red arrow above my car with a blinking WARNING sign :D

JD56

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Can't even remember the Sprint race apart from the fact I completely screwed the standing start up but managed to end up in 5th.

Feature race... Good first lap keeping out of the way of carnage meant I'd gained 4 places in the first lap or so, and just followed @Simon Underhill through while he made gaps for me. I knew @Gunar Nijenhuis would be able to undercut me when he pitted so I stayed out as long as I could to keep the car light. I had changed my tyre pressures between races and didn't enjoy the change, so I was happy to sit in 3rd and wait for Gunar to catch Simon so that they could fight and I'd get back in contention. Then Simon dropped it so I sat back and cruised home for 2nd. Happy enough with that, but feel I could have challenged if I hadn't changed pressures.

Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

centro

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 19, 2015
Q: messed up first two laps so had to take it quite slow and safe in the third lap. P something and starting way too back where i should have.

Sprint: My usuall luck. I think it was @Janick Nijenhuis who spun in the first corners and as i was trying to pass from the left side, his car touched my rear and i spun around. Was in last position after i got my car around and after that i was just trying to get as many positions back as possible. In the end p11.

Feature: I think i started p8. After few laps i was allready in p4, but I made a mistake when braking into the corkscrew and lost the car. Luckily didint have any damage but lost tons of places.

I went to undercut as there were so many cars up ahead fighting around. Came out to clean air and could do some good laps. In the end i was back on p4 but the podium places were so far ahead so i just took the car safe at home.

Ill hope the next tracks are better for me and i could survive the first lap on sprint race :D

Congrats to podium drivers on both races!