Round 2: Watkins Glen International - Boot

Watkins Glen Map.png

Information:
Date:
21st June 2017
Time:
19:00 BST - Practice 60 minutes
20:00 BST - Lone qualifying 3 laps/10 minutes
20:10 BST - Race 1 - 20 minutes - Standing start - Grid based on qualifying results

20:45 BST - 10 minutes Warm-up
20:55 BST Race 2 - 45 minutes - Rolling start - Grid based on reverse qualifying results

Remember to let us know in advance in this thread if you are unable to attend the race!

Track: Watkins Glen International
Layout: Boot
Time of Day: Late Afternoon
Weather: Dynamic - Carried over from practice

Standings:

Absences: @Gunar Nijenhuis @Janick Nijenhuis @TRL Rosberg @Antonis Despotakis

Last edited:

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
I will indeed be commentating tonight for my first ever iRacing event. FYI my commentaries also go up on my YouTube channel afterwards (link in my signature)

Question @StevieSQ did you want me there for the qualifying?

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
I will indeed be commentating tonight for my first ever iRacing event.
Awesome!! Well, then good luck to you too sir! Looking forward to watching and from next week being in your commentaries!
I'm sure after some getting used too you'll do great! Anybody that's co commentating or are you doing camera's and commentating by yourself?

Giannii98

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2016
Have fun with my name, maybe you will be the first who will say it correctly after GSR, Racespot and ApexTV failed :D

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Awesome!! Well, then good luck to you too sir! Looking forward to watching and from next week being in your commentaries!
I'm sure after some getting used too you'll do great! Anybody that's co commentating or are you doing camera's and commentating by yourself?
Hopefully the man, the legend, the gorgeous talent that is @McPhilen will be keeping me on the straight and narrow

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Hello. I hope @Synergi doesn't claim copyright infringement.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Venturing into only my second gig, this one probably more challenging, I expect a few mistakes here and there but hopefully in time it all comes together quite nicely.

Also, @King-kodiak is a boss, so that makes me feel much better going into it.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Question @StevieSQ did you want me there for the qualifying?
Well GSRC Usually start broadcasting about 5 minutes before qualifying starts, but then do 15 minutes of build up, rather than showing qualifying. So the choice is yours, I'll leave it up to you to start as and when you want. Qualifying is a lone event, so you won't see all cars out at the same time, on the same track.

Just a heads up too, iRacing's rules are a bit different regarding track limits. Because we have the incident limit (12 for the shorter race, 16 for the longer), basically, if iRacing lets you get away with it, it's fine. So expect to see people extending turn 1.

Here's how incident points build up:
0x - Car contact (super, super minor contact between cars)
1x - Off track (you can also be given slow-downs, but these don't necessarily come hand-in-hand with an off track incident point)
2x - Loss of control
4x - Car contact (Thwack)

For the incidents, iRacing doesn't hand out blame. So if two cars collide, even though one is innocent, they still pick up the 4x. If you see someone magically vanish off track, it's because they've been disqualified.

Also, make sure you accept the league invite. :)

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I presume that (after seeing what everyone does in practice and various hotlaps), extending Turn 1 by half a mile is allowed?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I presume that (after seeing what everyone does in practice and various hotlaps), extending Turn 1 by half a mile is allowed?
If you don't get a slow-down, go for it.

I hate it but irritatingly iRacing let's you get away with it.