AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 2 (Races 3/4) - Watkins Glen | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 2 (Races 3/4) - Watkins Glen

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I presume that (after seeing what everyone does in practice and various hotlaps), extending Turn 1 by half a mile is allowed?
If iRacing doesn't give an offtrack, then it's all fair game.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
So I'm out for tonight. My wheel has gone bonkers.

VICSALT

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 15, 2014
Sorry Guys, cant race have joined but no good my FF is awol, i cannot drive as is

Christobal90

Pro Karter
Jun 12, 2017
Sorry messed up my start totaly. Did put first gear in :-( But I had a great fight with two overtakes to the chicane.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I spun from a possible 16th and ended up 1 second behind the last points position at the line RIP

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Sorry for delay, takes a while to set up the grid, then once we've done it, iRacing says you've been idle for too long so doesn't save it. We've worked it oot though to do half the grid and save and then do the rest so should be fine from next week lol

Reactions: Tipple

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I left the race @StevieSQ I apologise, but I was dive bombed, shoved from pillar to post and then finally, taken out. I'll post it in the stewards.

Grats to the podium winners.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Giannii98

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2016
What a broadcast! Really if @King-kodiak figures out how iRacing really work, with the replay and all that stuff we will have such a nice broadcast. Already this today was so much fun to watch. Good work really!

Also thanks for that fun race I will write about the race the next days

Edit: btw with my maths I have 90 points in the standings because:
Race 1: Pole, Fastest Lap, and Win means: 1+1+32 =34
Race 2: -
Race 3: P5 = 20
Race 4: Fastest Lap, 0x and Win means 1+3+32= 36

So 34+36+20 is 90 if I´m not wrong :D

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Dustin and Tipple

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Edit: btw with my maths I have 90 points in the standings because:
Race 1: Pole, Fastest Lap, and Win means: 1+1+32 =34
Race 2: -
Race 3: P5 = 20
Race 4: Fastest Lap, 0x and Win means 1+3+32= 36

So 34+36+20 is 90 if I´m not wrong :D
+ fastest lap in Race 2, so 91. Corrected :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Damn, that was another fun night of racing, particularly the feature race which was just crazy battling from start to finish! Thanks to everyone I ended up fighting with for some fun times, and also for keeping it clean.

Here are some random pics from my feature race ventures!

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Q: p7 , haven't raced too much this week since I am suffering from a flue but being the first non simrc guy isn't too bad...let's call it best of the rest :D

R1 sprint: I think @Christobal90 stalled it on the grid so that was a freebee for p6 and then @Giannii98 spun it so another position gained p5....but in the end Gianni came back and I couldn't hold him off unfortunately so p6 again just like last week...I'll take it :D

R2 feature: It was insane battling all around the field and too my surprise it was kept pretty clean until @Pat had some coming together with Curtis Hardy in front of me...luckily I could avoid the spinning cars and could continue....Later on @Pat was on my back again and he was a little impatience to get through so he punted me in the barrier and it was end of race my suspension broke...not too happy with that since the simrc guys don't need that kind of controversial moves...they are at least 1-1,5 seconds faster a lap so an easy pass on the straight is the best way too do it...hopefully they will be less greedy in the upcoming races...

and also WELL DONE @Rin Hato for securing p5 :D nice job!!

see ya next week guys

cheers

• Winner
Reactions: Rin Hato and Stevie

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
R1: started higher up than I predicted and made a position up at the start. I then had a lot of pressure from behind forcing me to go defensive. I entered the kink too fast and spun out. Stupid mistake that ruined my race.

R2: this race was crazy and I had a few great battles. Moving up to 9th however I was tagged by @Kieron Fishlock which put me out of the epic battles however I carried the car home for a solid 12th in the end.

Although my results weren't great I had a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to every Wednesday night.

Although not perfect at first the commentary is awesome! A massive thanks to @StevieSQ for setting it up and to the two great commentators @McPhilen and @King-kodiak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rin Hato and Stevie