AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 2 (Races 3/4) - Watkins Glen | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 2 (Races 3/4) - Watkins Glen

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
Well that was a load better than last week, but it couldn't exactly get worse could it!

In the sprint I started much higher than I expected to, suddenly finding a load of pace and confidence in the car. Sadly my start was probably the worst start I've ever had in a race, dumped the clutch too quickly and got bogged down pretty badly, lost a handful of positions. Thankfully my sudden gain in pace carried over to the race and I was able to pull back through to enjoy a nice battle with @UrBaNz Octane x

The feature race also featured a shocking start for myself, getting swamped on all sides and losing a position or two. But I had the pace to fight for positions so slowly started gaining some back until catching up to the 200 or something cars that were somehow still 3 wide after the first few laps. There were cars everywhere and everyone was struggling to make moves with such close battles happening, this is also where people started to get impatient and make a variety audacious moves. Resulting in a lot of mess that was easily avoidable. This combined with a bit of lag sent me back down the field and I had to start pushing back through again, eventually finding @FisiFan91 who I battled with until the pit stops where he jumped me along with @Erti147. Spent the rest of the race battling with them until the final lap where Evan and I had contact which sadly f*cked him pretty hard.

Apart from the bits of contact I had enormous amounts of fun and had a much more enjoyable time driving the car than last week, but I'm still not at all as confident as I'd like in it.

Congrats to the winners and podium finishers!

Reactions: FisiFan91

Adam Hedgecock

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2017
Congrats to all, it was a fun event! @FisiFan91, there seems to be an error on the points for race 1. I finished 20th which is 1 point, but also had only 1x which sould be a bonus 1 point. The result state that I only had 1 point though. (sorry to be a bother).

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Congrats to all, it was a fun event! @FisiFan91, there seems to be an error on the points for race 1. I finished 20th which is 1 point, but also had only 1x which sould be a bonus 1 point. The result state that I only had 1 point though. (sorry to be a bother).
The bonus points don't alter your visual point number on the results page, but the sheet automatically adds it to your total in the standings :)

Reactions: Adam Hedgecock

Giannii98

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2016
Race 1:

Quali wasn´t that bad, I knew Patrick would beat us all so I just wanted to start infront of Jürgen, messed the start up again and found myself behind Jürgen again and so our train started to roll.

In the first right hander of the boot section I lost the car in Lap 3, seriously you guys don´t know how many times I lost a car there. I was all the back to P 15 I think and just wanted to get as much points as possible from that position and fought my way back into the top 10. After some good moves against Fisi and Evan I had calculated some chances to catch Laurens for P5 but had still a long way to go. So in the third last lap, Laurens had a bad exit out of the Bus Stop and I was all around him the full lap.

On the second last lap I got a gut run out of Turn 1 and managed to get my car on the outside for the bus stop and, to be honest I wasn´t quite sure If it works :D, got him on the outside and took homoe P 5 :D

Race 2:
Start from P24, first goal of the race, to get infront of Jürgen and Patrick, no matter what I have to do.
After a few laps I lead the SimRC Train and managed to get the lead after 11 Laps and took the win home easily.

I will upload the run to the Lead the next days :)

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I went on to Watkins tonight to have a little drive around with the IMSA fuel, I went faster than my quali time :( Still trying to find my threshold braking, anybody got any tips?

Dustin

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 12, 2017
Racereport from my races:

Qualifying:
This time I was not so well prepared like in Suzuka and messed up the qualylaps quite a bit with 8 tenth behind @Pat which is a bit too much but good job from him :D It was still enough for P4 so nothing was lost here. Good chances for some good points in the first run!

Sprintrace:
The aim was quite simple to just defend my position and stay away from the offtracks ;) I saw in the qualifying already that the gap to my teammates in front was to big to challenge them here so I also took this as a good practice run to find a bit more pace and consistency maybe for the next race.
After the start I kept my position. The only close call in the race was when Gianni lost his car right in front of me but everyone could avoid him fortunately! So there I gained my position and found myself back on the podium with now three third places after 3 round! Incident free so pretty much the maximum what I was hoping for (y)

Feature Race:
The last round at Suzuka was totally chaotic so I was not sure what to expect for this one. My plan was basically to avoid any contact on the first laps to aero in a good shape for overtaking later on.
But I have to say I was very surprised not saying any wrecks on Turn 1 or the Esses and basically the whole first laps were completely clean.
- I'd like to admit that there is a huge improvement to the previous season opener at Suzuka. Hopefully we can keep this going even Sonoma will be a far more difficult one. At last we can try :troll: -

So I was still in my SimRC train after the first laps and haven't done any moves because we were just waiting and going with the flow. Then we were catching up and was making 1-2 moves per lap and I was figuring out where I could overtake and without great risks.
It worked out perfectly to be honest and I was once more surprised when I was ahead of the whole field at P2 (behind my teammate Gianni) after the first half of the race and still at 0x. But this time I could'n relax because Jürgen was right behind me and on a charge. I managed it to stay in front even after the pitstops, but the last laps were difficult for me because he was a bit quicker. A couple of times I could defend it into the chicane, but after his 3rd try and a 2wide there he passed my. Unfortunately I took one offtrack there on the curb after we had a 0x so we both ended up with 1x in the end :lol:
But most important it was a podium with my 4th third place after 4 rounds so I'm really going for the streak :lol:

I can recommend you to watch the first laps here from my view, have fun :watching:

Krusen

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Once in a while I get the urge to make a race compilation video with some music, so here is one for the feature race at Watkins Glen.

It's primarily focused on my own race. The pacing could be a bit better, especially towards the end, but it'll have to do - I've spent enough time on it already :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Once in a while I get the urge to make a race compilation video with some music, so here is one for the feature race at Watkins Glen.

It's primarily focused on my own race. The pacing could be a bit better, especially towards the end, but it'll have to do - I've spent enough time on it already :)

Nice one :) Bit of a sad end though :cry: