AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 4 (Races 7/8) - Canadian Tire Motorsports Park | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 4 (Races 7/8) - Canadian Tire Motorsports Park

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
AOR Ferrari Challenge Championship and Ford Season 1
Round 4: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park

canadian tire motorsport park.png

Information:
Date:
5th July 2017

Time:
19:00 BST - Practice 60 minutes
20:00 BST - Lone qualifying 3 laps/10 minutes
20:10 BST - Race 1 - 20 minutes - Standing start - Grid based on qualifying results

20:50 BST - 10 minutes Warm-up
21:00 BST Race 2 - 45 minutes - Rolling start - Grid based on reverse qualifying results

Remember to let us know in advance in this thread if you are unable to attend the race!

Track: Canadian Tire Motosports Park
Layout: ---
Time of Day: Morning
Weather: Dynamic - Carried over from practice

Standings:

Absences: @Knallerbs @Silvio @Ben Hackeson @ramdrop @Andy Collins-Reed @Rin Hato

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Only ever driven this in an open wheeler. Will be interesting.

Silvio

Formula Karter
Dec 18, 2016
Unfortunately I' ll miss also this race. Hopefully, this will be the last for this season.

cu on the Nürburgring.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
We already have 4 spots available boys.

@Krusen @Bibby1303 @67ronin @Era

@1185323118
my schedule says you're available for this week? Obviously you're on the reserve list now, but I'd just like to know if you're back for this race. If so then this is giving all 5 reserves a chance to grab one of the 4 spots at the minute.

I suspect we will have a couple of extra spots if my suspicions of people who won't turn up is correct anyway. But I'll let you know accordingly.

Era

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
May 14, 2015
Im available for this race

• Informative

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
It's mad how much of a difference the car in question affects track like-ability.

I've only driven this track a couple of times in the Formula Renault, and it's not been a track I particularly like. It's just awful really.

I've done 9 laps practice here in the Ferrari and I'm really quite enjoying it. I think this Ferrari just looks after you far more than any other car on iRacing. It's by far my favourite car on there and I just enjoy driving it.

Also this is going to be another track that's going to be a nightmare to race on. The only heavy braking zone is uphill on a bend on a narrowing part of the track with little run-off if it all goes wrong.

rip overtaking.

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 6, 2017
We already have 4 spots available boys.

@Krusen @Bibby1303 @67ronin @Era

@1185323118
my schedule says you're available for this week? Obviously you're on the reserve list now, but I'd just like to know if you're back for this race. If so then this is giving all 5 reserves a chance to grab one of the 4 spots at the minute.

I suspect we will have a couple of extra spots if my suspicions of people who won't turn up is correct anyway. But I'll let you know accordingly.
I will be available after 7th, sadly I still can't be here :(

Last edited:
  • Informative

Giannii98

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2016
As Stevie said this uphill braking zone is really tricky, the whole track is a big challenge but this corner is the peak of the track :D
Normally I hate this track but it´s quite funny in the Ferrari :blackalien:

• Agree

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well, I am loosing the will to live in the Ford right now. Since the update I can't find a good setup :( #shouldhavegoneferrari

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Well, I am loosing the will to live in the Ford right now. Since the update I can't find a good setup :( #shouldhavegoneferrari
I take it you've tried VRS?

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Yeah, the back of the car is all over the place. I had a real sweet setup for the Ford at Suzuka and then after the update I cant get comforable
Increase the TC?

Also how's the baseline? The Ferrari baseline is pretty good, and generally what I start with whilst I'm waiting for VRS?

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Increase the TC?

Also how's the baseline? The Ferrari baseline is pretty good, and generally what I start with whilst I'm waiting for VRS?
I will give baseline a go in a while. Never really thought to try it tbh

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
Just driven this track for the first time. I really like the flow of the track, but racing wheel to wheel is not going to be easy. I expect the stewards to busy this week;)

I had a real sweet setup for the Ford at Suzuka and then after the update I cant get comforable
Completely agree... Before the update I felt that the Ferrari had a tiny advantage, however since the update the Ford is all over the place and lacking pace #shouldhavegoneferrari;)

The hosted session I was just in had 9 Fords and over 40 Ferraris with the fasted Ford 1.2 off the best Ferrari......:sorry:

Sorry for the rant and to be fair this is exactly why @StevieSQ wanted to keep it to a one car championship:hilarious: #shouldhavelistened

• Agree
Reactions: Gxbbs

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Just driven this track for the first time. I really like the flow of the track, but racing wheel to wheel is not going to be easy. I expect the stewards to busy this week;)

Completely agree... Before the update I felt that the Ferrari had a tiny advantage, however since the update the Ford is all over the place and lacking pace #shouldhavegoneferrari;)

The hosted session I was just in had 9 Fords and over 40 Ferraris with the fasted Ford 1.2 off the best Ferrari......:sorry:

Sorry for the rant and to be fair this is exactly why @StevieSQ wanted to keep it to a one car championship:hilarious: #shouldhavelistened
But to be honest, they started out pretty even, but to fix the random damge problem on the Ford, they just said "yeah, we will just raise it up, should be fine"...

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I expect the stewards to busy this week;)
I expect you all to behave this week, and next week, and next week, and next week until forever.

:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

I hate to say I told you so... actually no. Tough luck ;)

Attachments

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
But to be honest, they started out pretty even, but to fix the random damge problem on the Ford, they just said "yeah, we will just raise it up, should be fine"...
My biggest worry is that since the update there has been no word on rebalancing the Ford back to its previous state despite the obvious disadvantage. We are only 4 weeks into the championship and it will kill me if we have to wait until the end of the iRacing season for any changes:dead: