AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 4 (Races 7/8) - Canadian Tire Motorsports Park | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 4 (Races 7/8) - Canadian Tire Motorsports Park

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
I feel terrible for letting you guys down considering all the effort you went through to get me in the box but this has left me quite shaken up. His bedroom is destroyed along with all their clothes. The fire starred due to sunlight bouncing off the mirror and setting something alight. He was asleep in there at the time so he is very lucky
Holy ****, that sucks.

Family beats everything, don't feel bad. (y)(y)

• Agree
Reactions: Rin Hato and Dustin

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I feel terrible for letting you guys down considering all the effort you went through to get me in the box but this has left me quite shaken up. His bedroom is destroyed along with all their clothes. The fire starred due to sunlight bouncing off the mirror and setting something alight. He was asleep in there at the time so he is very lucky
holy moly, glad he is ok.

Era

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
May 14, 2015
Wont be able to make it tonight finally, i have some guests tonight... Sorry :/

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015

yeah don't worry about us Chris, family first! goodluck with the situation!

• Friendly
Reactions: Stevie

N1CK

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 18, 2014
im live on twitch.tv/carrol95 AOR Ferrari & Ford Challenge Championship R4 S1

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
@Adam Hedgecock - Hey Adam, could you please hold your brakes the next time you spin out so that your car either comes to a stop or stays offtrack when cars are passing. A stopping car is way more predictable than someone who's trying to get back on track as soon as possible.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Q: Qualy ban :)

R1 sprint: had a perfect start from the back of the grid and already took a few cars in turn 1 and then another few in turn 2 and 3....and then into that cheeky double apex hairpin there was a big crash and I had the perfect line to not hit anyone...so I was from 24 to p10 in lap 1 LOL...then I just drove laps laps laps and overtook then bit by bit coming home in p6 behind OP simrc and gunar

R2 feature: had to start 26th this time and took it nice and easy and just overtook them one by one again...and cars where flying off the track everywhere so got a lot of freebees again...just did my laps lap laps and once behind a group of @Erti147 and some other cars I was in doubt what to do...but evan took the undercut quite early and other cars also or went off so i pushed till I burned my fuel and then when behind @Krusen I decided to pit.....I came back on track 2 seconds before @Erti147 so it was a good decision to stay out. eventually I came home in p4...so solid points for this round with zero practise :D lol

If you had told me I would finish 6th and 4th when starting from the back I would have laughed :D but hey I like this car its fun and easy to drive

congratz to podium!

now SIMRC guys...give me your OP setups please :)

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
I'm not going to name names, and nor am I going to allow any pointless bashing.

I'm angry. I'm annoyed. There wasn't one big issue. There were just a lot of little crashes that culminated in 10 cars being out in the first 10 minutes.

Flicking through the crashes now, a lot of them aren't even bad driving. Some are just mistakes into other people.

What's worse is that this then leaves the grid spread out and with little battling going on.

I lecture but I am by no means innocent. I binned it out of turn 1 on lap 1 and it could've been a disaster. I was pushing to pass Waldo as soon as and as a result I dropped it. Absolutely no need for me to get so punchy so fast. Secondly, massive apologies to @Pat and @Giannii98. I was losing motivation and interest and just dropped the car. Glad you avoided it.

This is a first for us to have so many incidents so early on. Let's get back to what we were at before. It's a shame because I fucking really enjoyed the sprint race.

Reactions: Giannii98

Adam Hedgecock

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2017
@Adam Hedgecock - Hey Adam, could you please hold your brakes the next time you spin out so that your car either comes to a stop or stays offtrack when cars are passing. A stopping car is way more predictable than someone who's trying to get back on track as soon as possible.
Thanks for the tip! Here's my onboard:

After the contact that sent me to the wall I was braking, when I hit the grass they locked. They stayed locked even when I was in the air after hitting the bump and only unlocked once I hit the track, at which point it was way to late to do anything as the pack was already upon me. My apologies though, I did everything in my power to stop the car but when you're a passenger, there's not much that can be done, especially if you get airborne! Also massive apologies to @FisiFan91, The car just wouldn't turn, sorry :(

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: FisiFan91

Giannii98

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2016
I'm not going to name names, and nor am I going to allow any pointless bashing.

I'm angry. I'm annoyed. There wasn't one big issue. There were just a lot of little crashes that culminated in 10 cars being out in the first 10 minutes.

Flicking through the crashes now, a lot of them aren't even bad driving. Some are just mistakes into other people.

What's worse is that this then leaves the grid spread out and with little battling going on.

I lecture but I am by no means innocent. I binned it out of turn 1 on lap 1 and it could've been a disaster. I was pushing to pass Waldo as soon as and as a result I dropped it. Absolutely no need for me to get so punchy so fast. Secondly, massive apologies to @Pat and @Giannii98. I was losing motivation and interest and just dropped the car. Glad you avoided it.

This is a first for us to have so many incidents so early on. Let's get back to what we were at before. It's a shame because I fucking really enjoyed the sprint race.
I think it's just Mosport that caused that. A very Short Track, nearly impossible to overtake, bumpy corners which are difficult without abs and the track itsself let you pay for every Single mistake, if you touch the grass it's 95% over.

Next Week we will have a way better race at the Nürburgring :)

• Agree
Reactions: Krusen

Giannii98

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2016
Tbh we are more hyped for the WEC because a few of use will go there :D

But finally a race track again, those americans tracks are nothing for me :D

Christobal90

Pro Karter
Jun 12, 2017
A german OP setup team on a German track....that's going to be a whole lapped field I guess :D
4 of 6 SimRC drivers will have a detailed track inspection on saturday and sunday. So we won´t have that much practice again. Maybe as much as we had in Sonoma, because everyone had to buy the track for the league race :-D

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
4 of 6 SimRC drivers will have a detailed track inspection on saturday and sunday. So we won´t have that much practice again. Maybe as much as we had in Sonoma, because everyone had to buy the track for the league race :-D
Doesnt matter even if you guys show up in qualy and do your first lap...still OP with ur setups :D

• Agree
Reactions: Gxbbs