AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 5 (Races 9/10) - Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke BES/WEC | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 5 (Races 9/10) - Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke BES/WEC

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
After some practice tonight I am finally feeling comfortable with this combo. Although I'm not 100% sure I will be able to race :( Will let you know nearer the time @StevieSQ

20170711192404_1.jpg

Tack temp 31C

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Janick Nijenhuis

Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2015
Race 1 pretty ok after my start were I forgot to put it in the first gear...

Race 2 ended in the end of the first lap. Stuart lost his car in front of me so I needed to brake and lost it as well. Cars crashed into both of us. Sorry for that from my side.

Hopefully next week a beter second race.

At the end it was great fun!

Last edited:

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Q: meh decent p6

R1: car stuttered like a lada...never had that before so lost a couple of places...but i had no car in front for turn 1 so could brake late having the cheeky outside line....unfortunately christoph turned so he hit me and i got damage on my front...
tried to hang on but coming to the final chicane i got bumped towards china by christoph and lost 3/4 places...overtook @Erti147 again but my car felt **** from that collisions....in lap 3 or 4 I lost in the exit curb of turn 2/3? and spun onto the grass since I didn't know where @Erti147 was I could do two things slide over the grass and let it slide wide with the change of hitting a car i couldnt see or try to stop it as much on the inside as possible...unfortunately it stopped just in front of @Erti147 and he couldn't avoid my car so there was a massive pile up with a lot of cars involved :( sorry guys
my car was toast and had 10 minutes of repairs needed so race was done.

R2: had a great first lap again just like last week...was already into 10/11th spot i guess but @Janick Nijenhuis spun it around in the final chicane and @Silvio tapped into his back which put his car right in front of mine....massive pile up again...race over with another suspension damage...

so great show here :)

till next week..

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
From now on we're going to look at any incidents that occur on lap 1, like happens in the Formula Renault. Had enough of silly accidents wiping out a lot of the field early on and leaving 30+ minutes to race with 14-17 cars left in the race.

John Roberts

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2017
I'm having no luck tonight. Couldn't get in my apartment building as the door system developed a fault. After a kindly neighbour let me in I just made it into the qually session with ~4 minutes remaining ... came out of the last corner on my Q lap and the timer expired and kicked me back to the menu.

Race 1 - about 15 minutes in Windows rebooted the PC without permission for the monthly updates released last night.

Race 2 - 20 seconds before the start the man from the maintenance company turned up to look at the security system!

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Milligan

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jan 25, 2015
Race 1: After clipping the grass the car threw me into a spin. After that had some good battles making my way up to 14th. Nice clean racing (for me at least)

Race 2: The start was crazy with cars trying to make moves every corner. I then got caught up in the pileup on the final corner ending my race.

I was really looking forward to this round as its more of a traditional track compared to recent weeks that allows for some great racing. To see how aggressive (aka stupid) some of the drivers were on the start of a 45min race kind of shocked me. I really like the concept of reverse grids and want to see them continue as they can and should work, but drivers need to pay their fellow racers more respect and realise it is not a sprint race. (sorry for ranting)

Last edited:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
From now on we're going to look at any incidents that occur on lap 1, like happens in the Formula Renault. Had enough of silly accidents wiping out a lot of the field early on and leaving 30+ minutes to race with 14-17 cars left in the race.
Extending this to 'silly incidents' - regardless of the lap. As coordinator, I'll start enquiries regardless of who's involved if people do stupid driving.

I won't have it in this league. **** about in official races if you want to. We do things properly here.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Sprint race - Again, really fucking fun. Enjoyed the hell out of it.

Feature race - Again, had to take avoiding action on lap 1 at turn 2 because of a silly incident, then at the final corner there's just carnage. Again, wiping out a considerable number of drivers at the start of the race. I had steering damage and I had no pace. Am I going to sit for 30+ plus minutes with a damaged car going around on my own again like last week because everyone's been wrecked? No.

Really pissed off because I too was enjoying this track, enjoyed the sprint race.

• Agree
Reactions: Era and Milligan

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
AND! Forgive me I'm ranting.

I've just started watching the stream and it's bloody epic stuff from @King-kodiak and @McPhilen

Shame there's not more people in it!

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 6, 2017
Was DISQed on the featured race for too many incidends:dead:
Sorry to Lukas, my brakes locked up on second-to-last high-speed chicane, ran into you :(

Not good at Lime Rock Park but wish I can catch up the pace on Spa :D

Last edited:

Giannii98

Pro Karter
Jan 6, 2016
Someone eventually got the end of race 2 on replay when I was doing my donouts?

I wanted to take a screenshot and saved the replay but it isn´t there:banghead:

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Someone eventually got the end of race 2 on replay when I was doing my donouts?

I wanted to take a screenshot and saved the replay but it isn´t there:banghead:
It was on the stream!

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Race 1: Started in P5 - what a surprise - Think Christoph made a false start, stopped and then had a very bad launch so was in p4 and knew that was exactly where I was going to finish if I didn't screw it up myself. Was happy that I could match Lukas' pace. This was my first race with my own setup and was glad to see that it worked better than the VRS stuff...

Race 2: Lap 1 replay below. Was able to get to P1 but with Gianni and Patrick behind I knew I didn't stand a chance. Still happy with P4 and p3 though. Great night, also lucky night in race 2 :p

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Race 1: Started in P5 - what a surprise - Think Christoph made a false start, stopped and then had a very bad launch so was in p4 and knew that was exactly where I was going to finish if I didn't screw it up myself. Was happy that I could match Lukas' pace. This was my first race with my own setup and was glad to see that it worked better than the VRS stuff...

Race 2: Lap 1 replay below. Was able to get to P1 but with Gianni and Patrick behind I knew I didn't stand a chance. Still happy with P4 and p3 though. Great night, also lucky night in race 2 :p

I knew it you werent running that vrs bagger troep :D still not as goood as simrc but you are getting there :)

Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis