AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 7 (Races 13/14) - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 7 (Races 13/14) - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
AOR Ferrari Challenge Championship and Ford Season 1
Round 7: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Endurance Pits

Spa Endurance.png

Information:
Date:
26th July 2017

Time:
19:05 BST - Practice 60 minutes
20:05 BST - Lone qualifying 3 laps/10 minutes
20:15 BST - Race 1 - 20 minutes - Standing start - Grid based on qualifying results

20:55 BST - 10 minutes Warm-up
21:05 BST Race 2 - 45 minutes - Rolling start - Grid based on reverse qualifying results

Remember to let us know in advance in this thread if you are unable to attend the race!

Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Layout: Endurance Pits
Time of Day: Late Afternoon
Weather: Dynamic - Carried over from practice

Standings:

Absences: @The Genius @fakeluke @JürgenFrank @Era

Last edited:

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
From one extreme to another...

Going from Lime Rock to Spa is a bit like going from a single cracker with cheese to a 9 course meal.

• Funny
Reactions: 1185323118

UrBaNz Octane x

AOR iRacing Formula Renault 2.0 S7 Champion
Jul 27, 2015
At least I'll know every single inch of spa when we get to race. I might try doing the race with my eyes closed :facepalm:

Reactions: Stevie

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Never driven spa on iRacing... let’s see if I can keep up the standards of lime rock :nailbiting:

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Can confirm you will spend 3 weeks in the pit-lane.

• Funny
Reactions: Gxbbs

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Server up for the next 2 hours if people want to join.

RSR IMSA PRACTICE

Reactions: Stevie

Erti147

Super Mod & F1 Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Even though we've just been doing a **** ton of practice there in GT3, I really enjoyed yesterdays practice in the Ferrari with it's more downforce and colder weather (y)

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
@Corbs - There's a space for you if you want it pal.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
@McPhilen - you can also race if you want to. KK can't commentate.

Era

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
May 14, 2015
My wheel just broke... Too bad, i love this track :(

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
My wheel just broke... Too bad, i love this track :(
NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Friendly
Reactions: Era

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
q: exactly what i expected although I could only set a banker since I offtracked the first 2 laps :D

r1 sprint: had a good run but was a bit compromised in eau rouge but managed to maintain position and gain 1 from gunar who spun..when everything settled I was comfortable in p4...but in the end @Christobal90 made a mistake and rejoined right in front of me so decided to give him a bit of a race....but coming towards the bus stop he lured me into a mistake I had to brake hard to not hit him in the back but it locked my rears so hard that I spun into the wall...so @McPhilen and Heinrich could overtake me and finished in p6 so so stupid :(

r2 feature: had another brilliant start allready gained 3 places coming onto the camel straight...but after the chicane I got compromised since there where 5 cars going slowly through the next right hander I had to go around a car in front and then @Erti147 hit my car which made me spun around and I was stuck in the wall LOL...so had to do an overtake race again..which was going pretty well since the pace was still there in the car luckily only a slight bend rear wing...but then into turn 15 (which is easy flat in this car) I was called off guard by atkinson he was lifting in the corner which I didn't expect so I tapped him and then my car was stuck in his side so it made him flip around...sorry about that clearly wasnt expecting you to lift in that corner....from then on it was race over since I could barely hit 6th gear lol just cruised to the lining...2 boring races again hopefully road america will be more fun.

cheers

Reactions: Janick Nijenhuis

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Well, that was a bit of a mess from myself really.

Qualy: Felt I did good considering I only saw the message I could join about half way through the practice, so to be 12th was pretty decent.

Race 1: Sorry to @Erti147 for the contact at Rivage. Just played it a bit too cautious, which in the end meant I turned slightly too early into the corner, which put me on the grass and then slightly wide into you. The rest of the race was just driving around mostly, until the very end of the last lap. Thought about really fighting @Pat, but didn't feel too comfortable going side by side through the Bus Stop on the last lap (or any lap) so I didn't fight too hard on the inside of the second part and let him through to take that position.

Race 2: Sorry to @Gxbbs for that contact at La Source, although I'm not sure I could have done much else short of braking hard mid corner. I had a tight line into the corner so was naturally always going to run wide, and I had a decent margin going in to the corner so I thought it was mine. By the time I realised you were back alongside and attempting that move, it was too late for me to change my line/approach to the corner. Anyway, the rest of that race was just driving around with a bit of damage, and picking off positions when people fell off of the track.

Reactions: Erti147

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
That really went about as well as it could have really.

Sprint race: Was running quite nicely until I out-braked myself out bus-stop, the corner where I struggled the most without a doubt. Managed P11 but could've been top ten easily without that mistake.

Feature race: Had a really good first lap and ended up leading by the end of it! Lead the first 3 and then SimRC caught up and slowly made their way through. Kept Fis behind for long enough without having to out-right defend for a respectable amount of time I felt. Had a mistake free and solid race, got an 8th place after holding off Janick at the end with a bit of defending.

Good fun, good night.

On a different note, there was some complaining over voice chat about driving standards. Like I said, we have a stewards panel, use it. We can't look at every single drivers race.

Reactions: Minimariner

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Q: just a banker lap, could've gone a bit quicker, not sure if I had gained a place with it though

R1: had a great launch and passed Chris and thought I passed Dustin as well but I passed him for like 99%, steered in and crashed.... stupid move from me, could've been a fun race!

R2: Very fun race with lots of battles! Did end up with damage after an incident with Stevie. Still was able to pull a gap to Christoph and was closing the gap to Dustin so was happy with the overall pace and P4.

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 6, 2017
That was a very confusing start at featured race. I exited la Source, just pushed down the accelerator pedal, then I saw Stuart already ahead of me, then I was confused if he jumped it or I already started too late:D

R1: Somehow got involved into two accidents, then several small mistakes led to a disqualification;

R2: Lost my positions even quicker than last time after the confusing start, nearly lost the car on top of Eau Rouge, then braked too late entering les Combes. Then wrong fuel calculation lead me losing on more position to Silvio (I took fuel for 22.5 min + 1 lap, didn't expect that we did 2 more laps after the 45 minute mark)

Reactions: Minimariner