AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 8 (Races 15/16) - Road America | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 8 (Races 15/16) - Road America

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
AOR Ferrari Challenge Championship and Ford Season 1
Round 8: Road America Full

Road America.png

Information:
Date:
2nd August 2017

Time:
19:05 BST - Practice 60 minutes
20:05 BST - Lone qualifying 3 laps/10 minutes
20:15 BST - Race 1 - 20 minutes - Standing start - Grid based on qualifying results

20:55 BST - 10 minutes Warm-up
21:05 BST Race 2 - 45 minutes - Rolling start - Grid based on reverse qualifying results

Remember to let us know in advance in this thread if you are unable to attend the race!

Track: Road America
Layout: Full
Time of Day: Afternoon
Weather: Dynamic - Carried over from practice

Standings:

Absences: @Gxbbs

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: 1185323118

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Just a quick message from me regarding some of the comments that were made during last weeks racing. I'll not name names here.

If you're involved in an incident, by all means you're entitled to be irritated and angry by another driver's misjudgement.

However. That doesn't excuse you to go on a 3 lap expletive and insult ridden outburst over voice chat. I feel like I say it every week and every week nothing comes of it. We have a stewards panel. A stewards panel that will look at any incident that's brought up. If you feel like somebody's idiot driving has ruined your race or caused you problems, by all means bring it up.

Rather than complaining every week and doing nothing about it.

I am not going to watch every driver's race to see how everyone is behaving. That's mad if you're expecting that from me.

Just getting a little fed up of it now.

• Agree
Reactions: Gxbbs

RolandK

Junior Karter
Jun 9, 2017
Hey guys,

Sorry I won't be able to make it today. We are moving into a new house so there's total mess in the house at this point. Have fun on the race.

Cheers,
Roland

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Erti147

Super Mod & F1 Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
join session at 9:05

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

John Roberts

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2017
So we're fine with the driver gridded in third deciding to go before green and getting a massive lead into the first corner?

Didn't even make it half a lap before before the yellow cars had me in the barriers again.

Please remove me from the entry list. Thanks.

Last edited:

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
So we're fine with the driver gridded in third deciding to go before green and getting a massive lead into the first corner?

Didn't even make it half a lap before before the yellow cars had me in the barriers again.

Please remove me from the league. Thanks.
My only response will be that you didn't lead the pack. You hung back from Milo the entire time. Towards the end of the lap I thought you were actually letting me go in front because I caught right up to him and you stayed back.

Removed as requested.

John Roberts

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2017
I kept a steady pace.

So everyone just shuffles forward a row. Good to know. Convention is its's on the lead car or a green light to decide when to go, not that it's mentioned in the rules.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1185323118

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Q: haven't got much practise around here and the car felt way worse than in default afternoon for some reason so I was happy enough with the lap I did even made a mistake which cost me around 0.2

R1: was running a fairly safe pace just lapping on a 0x incident rate to get some extra points...unfortunately @UrBaNz Octane x just sneaked my p6 in the end well done m8 :)

R2: was having an absolute mega start and was from P11 to P3 going into turn 1 on lap 2 I carried a bit too much speed and lost the rear :( so unfortunate so I was dead last and had to do recovery again...was going very decent until I came behind @StevieSQ and he was defending really well...eventually he had a big snap going through the final corner it scared the hell out of me cause he snapped to the left and then back to the right....sorry m8 I couldn't avoid your snappy car there :( very unfortunate :( from then on it was boring no more fights so finished as high as possible considering the lap 2 drama :D well onto the next one....

p.s @N1CK that was a bit too late on the brakes there m8... won't take you to the stewards but it was a bold move :D

see ya on friday or next week :)

cheers!

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 6, 2017
Finished 6 laps down in a 10-lap sprint race, did a 14:54.9 lap around Road America. I'm breaking AOR records :(
and sorry to @John Roberts , overcooked turn 9 on first lap of sprint race, and you just happen to be in the run-off area :(

John Roberts

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 8, 2017
expelliarmus! :-D Jürgen Frank was that magican. I would ban him for the next race week.
Whatever magic he used to push me off at the first corner gave me damage. I've withdrawn from the series, so no point wasting any more time on this. Good luck with the rest of the series.
[DOUBLEPOST=1501713117][/DOUBLEPOST]
and sorry to @John Roberts , overcooked turn 9 on first lap of sprint race, and you just happen to be in the run-off area :(
No worries. I know you weren't aiming for me. :)