AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 9 (Races 17/18) - Autodromo Nazionale Monza | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 9 (Races 17/18) - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Simon Underhill

Formula Karter
Sep 11, 2017
Another bad week for me this one. Feature Race - Got an awesome start (some peeps asleep I think). Clean through Chicane 1 but went for a legit (IMO) move up the inside on Magnus Vallstrom at the second chicaine but carnage broke out. Avoiding cars, I turned right only to be knocked sideways by Magnus. See it as a racing incident but a race ending crash. Car was mullered after that. See vid...

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Another bad week for me this one. Feature Race - Got an awesome start (some peeps asleep I think). Clean through Chicane 1 but went for a legit (IMO) move up the inside on Magnus Vallstrom at the second chicaine but carnage broke out. Avoiding cars, I turned right only to be knocked sideways by Magnus. See it as a racing incident but a race ending crash. Car was mullered after that. See vid...

Yeah not much i could do really. Video coming later.

Lamoracke79

AOR iRacing Ferrari Season 2 Champion
Mar 27, 2016
Are you allowed to leave 6 car gap to the car in front during rolling start? I start to understand why we had so many T1 incidents this season...

Really happy with first feature win of my AOR career.

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
I Finished a feature race! Even with a sh*t tonne of damage from lap 1!!!

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I Finished a feature race! Even with a sh*t tonne of damage from lap 1!!!
What happened ? You were just behind me at lap 1. I admit I braked too early. Actually I was expecting cars ahead to anticipate their braking as well as it was the case several times while the sprint race.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Sprint race, spun at second chicane, basically only beat those who retired/had issues.

Feature race, ran wide at Parabolica, started to slide, tried to save it and nosed straight into the wall.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Nobody. Just something I noticed people were doing and wanted to ask for clarification since I feel leaving a gap can gain a huge advantage and if it is allowed I need to consider doing it myself.
I guess generally the car on the last road could leave a gap just to let the rest of the pack do their thing.

But really no, you should be relatively close to the car ahead. If you've got people behind you, you shouldn't be dropping too far off the car in front.

PM me with screenshots if you're not sure.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
You might want to look at @Alehud42 and his start then :bbb

Basically, I had no pace at all, and no confidence while braking which meant I spun about 20 times. Another CotA week to be honest.

Also regardless of what happens I am seeing the season out, there are potentially some good races coming up, and the finale is at Spa night whoooo

• Winner
Reactions: Simon Underhill