AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 9 (Races 17/18) - Circuit Gilles Villenueve | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing FCCAF Round 9 (Races 17/18) - Circuit Gilles Villenueve

Richtofen

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 22, 2016
Well that was a decent first race in this car. Managed to avoid the carnage on lap 1 and then battle it out with @StevieSQ and @Rin Hato for most of the race which was fun! I had some braking instability that cost me 7th place to Sara on the last lap but all in all pretty happy so far and I'm already enjoying this car more than the Renault. (Hope I'm not speaking too soon...)

Reactions: Rin Hato

Knallerbs

Pro Karter
Jun 9, 2017
I can attend feature race (if it's okay?!)... PC repaired :smuggrin: It seems data cable from SSD to motherboard is broken... :banghead: Replaced... now it works :D

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I can attend feature race (if it's okay?!)... PC repaired :smuggrin: It seems data cable from SSD to motherboard is broken... :banghead: Replaced... now it works :D
You can try to join but I don't know if you can make it in because you aren't added to the reverse grid.

Knallerbs

Pro Karter
Jun 9, 2017
I can't see the race anymore in league sessions... So it doesn't work... Unfortunately

Last edited:

Janick Nijenhuis

Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2015
I need to cancel this race and next week race due to work.

Sorry for the late notice and hoped I could make tonight's race. But unfortunately this is not possible.

Janick
I am available next week. Just received confirmation that I am not working that day. But will be unavailable at VIR.

See you next week!

Reactions: Stevie

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Stupid move for the second time within 3 races huh? #

Exactly the same move just other endings
Perhaps you should stop being a douchebag. Mistakes happen, yes there was a mistake at Spa but the only one that ended up in the wall then was I. YOu make it sound like I have problems every week. Get your facts right!

edit: also it was not even close to being the same move. And I said I'm sorry. What more do you want?!

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Alright no need for name calling. Calm down boys.

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
That was a nice leisurely Wednesday evening drive, complete with under-fueling and pit lane penalties!
My pace is pretty bad, but I bought the track 40 mins before qualifying so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Stevie

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
weirdest evening ever in this car :)

Q: never happened before in this car but I didn't have a stable balance in the car it was sliding so much on the rear I only set a very poor laptime at least 1 second of my pace LOL :D but well at least it gave me a good position for the feature race...

R1: Don't know where my mind was but I jumpstarted LOL and then I just didn't do any ridiculous mega jump start but decided to wait for the other cars to go...so allready lost a few places...and then all the madness happened and eventhough I was allmost standing stil a car still was able to smash it into my car so I had a damaged front left....just cruised towards the pit to serve my stop & go penalty and then I saw there were only 14 cars left on track LOL...so I just cruised it across the line and even managed to get 10th LOL :D

R:2 was 4th on the grid and I had a crucial overtake on darren potter going into turn 3/4 and then pole sitter had a slowdown I guess on the straight so I was in 2nd behind @Rin Hato first I decided to not put so much pressure on her since she is my teammate...but the pace was a little bit to slow to pull a necesseray gap so I put up the pressure a little more....sorry sara :( and the spun it...after that I was managing to slowly pull away from the rest and build up a nice 11 second lead over @FisiFan91 but as usual I was completely blank about how much fuel I needed so I decided to play it safe and put 8 gallons in LOL that was way too much...so @Dustin was right behind me...and I think he made a mistake into turn 1...but I epicly failed into turn 3 having my first offtrack of the race and the perfectly balanced Iracing slowdown penalty came up...which took ages...so it was an easy overtake for @Dustin made a couple more mistakes so he was pulling a bit away...in the end I decided to push a little bit more I gained a little but he was too far ahead and he had the pace but oh well after the horrific qualy I'll take p10 and p2 :)

congrat @Dustin and @FisiFan91 for the podium

see ya guys next week

cheers

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Sorry to @fakeluke for Turn 2, at least I sent you off the track so no one hit you. Went on to have a steady race after that with Sindre getting a million slowdowns out of the final chicane, meaning he went behind me but got past eventually. Ended up 5th but probs get a 10 second pen considering it was a similar incident to me getting taken out last week

Feature race I stayed out of the incidents for the most part, with a couple of close calls. Wasn't driving great but was hanging onto the pack head and then there as that Turn 1 thing that happened and the track cleared like Moses split the sea. Pitted pretty much as early as I could. Knew I would be close to Fisi on pit exit and I couldn't see him as he was in ma blindspot, so it was a surprise to see him pop out from the left. Then we went on like a 16 minute battle. Got close a couple of times but couldn't do it. 4th.

I do hope everyone will stick around for rest of the season at least so we can crown a champion. With a few format changes we can then maybe attract new guys and keep some current drivers, cos it's a great car wold be a shame to end the league after yin season. See ya at Interlagos tho (y)

20170809225004_1.jpg

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Podium looooooooooooool

I know it was very lucky ofc since most of the fast guys decided to fall off the road one way or another, but I did a good overtake on @Richtofen and kept @Erti147 behind for 15 minutes so will pretend that I deserved it :cool:

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
The moment you realize Ben Hackeson already did the same in Race 2 of the season....

• What?
Reactions: FisiFan91

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Thats the weirdest impact I've seen at the start of a race. Sadly I didn't see Adam end up in the woods whilst streaming as I was focusing on the leaders, and suddenly half the field completely changes position.

Anyway, my video will be up once YouTube has finished digesting it: