Super Mod & F1 Steward Supervisor
- Jan 14, 2014
There's a brand in Motorsport which is a bit more special than the others. A brand that holds a little something extra than it's competition. As a racing team in the pinnacle of Motorsport, they're idiots... I mean, well respected and never underestimated, even when they aren't performing at their peak.
It's the one brand all racing drivers secretly, or openly in most cases, want to drive for.
Ferrari have joined iRacing.
So welcome to the AOR Ferrari 488 GTE Challenge Championship! We're proud to announce the first iRacing GT season for AOR, using the newly released Ferrari 488 GTE.
story by @StevieSQ
What day and time do events start? Race nights will begin every Wednesday from 19:00 UK time (BST), with qualifying commencing at 20:00.
When will the season start? The first race of the season will run in the first week of the 2017 S3 season. The race calendar follows the official iRacing schedule. More info here.
What are the entry requirements? You will need to have a licence class of D Class 4.00 or above. You are free to sign up during pre-season regardless, but you will be denied entry upon the start of the season if you do not meet the requirement. You are also expected to be active on the forum in order to receive the latest updates.
How do I register as part of a team? Simply state your team preferences in this thread - the name of your team and name of the driver you're teaming up with. There will be a maximum of 2 drivers per team at any one time. Drivers can be changed but this will need to be authorised by the League Coordinators.
How many spaces are available? There will be a maximum of 36 spaces, with a reserve list (maximum of 10 at one time). If all of the spaces have been allocated, the sign up thread will be closed until a seat has been vacated.
What happens if I'm on the reserve list? There will be ten places on the reserve lists. When we hit 10 reserves, then we will close sign ups.
How is the Championship structured? The Championship consists of 12 race nights including a Feature Race and a Sprint Race at the same circuit.
There will be two drop weeks, meaning that the points score from your two worst race nights (Feature Race and Sprint Race combined) will be dropped at the completion of the season.
Race night structure?
● 60-minute practice session
● 10-minute qualifying (maximum 3 laps allowed)
● 20-minute Sprint race // Grid based on Qualifying order // Standing start
● 10-minute warm-up
● 45-minute Feature Race // Grid based on reversed qualifying order* // Rolling start
*The Feature race grid is based off reverse qualifying order. If a driver fails to set a valid qualifying time they are excluded from the reverse grid.
More details can be found in the rules thread.
Are setups permitted? The Championship is open to setup modification.
What is the points system? The points system is the same for both races. In addition to normal points for finishing positions, one additional point is handed out for pole position (Race 1 only), fastest lap and completing a race with 0x incidents.
Full details on points scoring can be found in the rules thread.
Are there any recommended files to download? If you so wish to create your own team livery you can find the Ford GT 2017/Ferrari 488 GTE templates under the "Paint" section of the iRacing website. Trading Paints is recommended to upload and show off your livery on race nights as well as making the rest of the grid look suited and booted!
Will there be any coverage of the races? YES. Head on over to
Please make your entry in the following format:
Number preference - Name - Nationality - Car - Team (if applicable) - Licence
*Car #1 is not available to pick.
You will also need to sign up to the league via iRacing here
27/36 spaces taken
2 on reserve list
Full time drivers:
- #3 - Sindre Setsaas (@Sindre Setsaas) - Norway - Blue Flag Racing - B 3.65
- #4 - Alexander Waldo (@The Genius) - Sweden - Rogue Faff - B 3.29
- #10 - Patrick Christoph Moser (@Patrick Moser)- DE-AT-CH - SimRC Emerald - A 3.26
- #11 - Ronnie C Gibbons (@Gxbbs) - UK&I - RevolutionSimRacing - B 2.14
- #16 - Ilkka Kattilakoski - Finland - A 2.13 - Ford
- #17 - Roland Kutas (@RolandK) - HU - ??? - A 3.53
- #18 - Sara Dove (@Rin Hato) - UK&I - Legends Racing Wide - B 2.36
- #20 - Knut Martinsen (@FisiFan91) - Norway - Force Ferrarisi - A 4.99
- #21 - Laurens de Rijk (@Lorrentz) - Netherlands - Rabobank Racing - B 3.65
- #22 - Evan RT Imray (@Erti147) - UK&I - Force Ferrarisi - A 4.61
- #29 - Darren Potter (@Richtofen) - UK - Team TBC - A 2.27
- #30 - Yuanxi "Jerry" Lin (@1185323118) - China (Michigan in-game) - Ferrari 488 GTE - ??? - D 2.48
- #42 - Alec Hudson (@Alehud42) - UK&I - Independent - C 3.42
- #53 - Adam Tierney (@UrBaNz Octane x) - UK&I - Rogue Faff - A 4.47
- #54 - Gunar Nijenhuis (@Gunar Nijenhuis) - NL - N-Racing - B 4.20
- #55 - Stevie Chambers (@StevieSQ) - UK&I - Kackerlackasacapuntas - B 2.67
- #68 - Patrick Heinrich (@Pat) - DE - SimRC Emerald - B 2.79
- #69 - Christoph Weitz (@Christobal90) - DE - SimRC Emerald - A 3.47
- #70 - Gianni Vecchio (@Giannii98) - DE - SimRC Crimson - A.2.59
- #71 - Dustin Hickmann (@Dustin) - DE - SimRC Crimson - A3.71
- #72 - Jürgen Frank (@JürgenFrank) - DE - SimRC Kiwi - A 4.99
- #73 - Lukas Dolzer (@fakeluke)- AT - SimRC Kiwi - A 2.65
- #85 - Dennis Andlauer (@Knallerbs)- Germany - RacingCommunity #701 - A 3.93
- #86 - Janick Nijenhuis (@Janick Nijenhuis) - NL - N-Racing - B 3.19
- #87 - Søren Kruse (@Krusen) - Denmark - N/A - A 3.16
- #94 - Nick Carrol (@N1CK) - UK&I - MN Motorsport - B 1.54
- #95 - Milo Linford (@Milligan) - UK&I - MN Motorsport - A 1.45
- #82 - Stephan Kamke (@Stephan) - ??? - Independent - A 3.63
- #790 - Joonas O Vastamäki (@Lamoracke79) - Finland - A 1.97 - Enso Simsports
Last edited by a moderator: