AOR IRACING FORMULA 3 CHAMPIONSHIP - S4 Round 2 @ Zandvoort - Tom Walstra & Massimo Locatello | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR IRACING FORMULA 3 CHAMPIONSHIP - S4 Round 2 @ Zandvoort - Tom Walstra & Massimo Locatello

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLunaRacing

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 6, 2020
League: AOR IRACING FORMULA 3 CHAMPIONSHIP - S4 Round 2 @ Zandvoort
Date: Week 2 - Friday 20th March
Members Involved: @TWLinkerbaan Tom Walstra & @LaLunaRacing Massimo Locatello

Lap & Corner:
Lap 22 of the feature race, Battle for P2 between Benett, Locatello & Walstra, entry of Turn 6 (Long right hander down the Hill) & I am sorry for no video material, there was an issue while saving the replay file.

Description: I have been thinking a lot about this incident, hence my late notification towards the stewards. That incidents can happen in close fighting and on different tyres is something i can completly understand and don't see any bad intentions in that situation.
However, i really don't think that it was either the right situation or the right corner to make such a manouver while fighting for position or even lapping another car. I wouldn't have protested if it would have been in Turn 1, 8, 9 or the chicane.
Once you prepare yourself to turn into Turn 6 there is no turning back, so from my point of view i couldn't have avoided it even if i wanted to. In my mind this would have been an avoidable accident which unfortunatly only ruined one parties race which is mainly the reason for the protest. Tom appologized after the race and i also accept it, still i was robbed of a potential podium finish and valuable points.

TWLinkerbaan

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 30, 2019
From my perspective it was a racing incident. I fully understand that you feel robbed from a great finish, but Zandvoort is a hard track to overtake and I had a lot of overspeed due to the slipstream. I've made several successful overtakes in that corner during the week, both from the outside and the inside. From my perspective there was a gap on your right and you closed the gap. Which is completely fair, but due to the amount of overspeed I had no where to go once I decided to go for the gap.

And sorry for the late response, I had network issues yesterday.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Moved to the stewards.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have overlooked the footage and have deemed that @TWLinkerbaan caused the collision. Turn 6 is not a corner in which you can perform a dive like that, your car was not far enough alongside to try to overtake, and this caused the end of @LaLunaRacing's race.

Therefore, we will award a 20-second time penalty and 15 penalty points to @TWLinkerbaan. Please ensure to be more considerate when making overtaking attempts in future.

Closed.

(@TWLinkerbaan @LaLunaRacing @SMEAJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.