AOR iRacing GT3 League | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing GT3 League

AndrexUK

4 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Lots of ppl talking about iRacing, and I have to agree I would be VERY tempted to get back into it again!

Not so keen on the grown up go karts, so looking to see how much interest there is in a GT3 league!

I would rather stay here, and drive with AOR guys in pCars, than go to iRacing solo! But if there is enough interest.... why not combine the best of the best?

Only looking at interest just now, don't need to discuss to much in details wrt tracks / cars / etc yet.

Reactions: Xenon91 and F1-Masa

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
I'm interested.

Also another bit of advice. Listen to what @Browneskiii and @AndrexUK said! I went in racing straight away trying to get results and also SR. I managed to get myself out of Rookie and into D class but kept on racing trying to push for 4.0 safety racing. Got close to it 3 or 4 times to have it knocked back down again by some messy races and gave up. A year later, I jumped in for an afternoon of races and focused on SR and now up into C class, however due to such a good start in the lower tiers I have high IRating which is putting me up in the top splits with some very very fast drivers. Coming back to getting 10-15th race finishing positions isn't all that great when you're used to being in top 5 regularly. Basically, I'm out of touch with the game, and at the moment (until I get back into it properly) out of my depth in terms of the people I am racing with. Hopefully though doing some GT3 stuff and similar will get me back higher up the grid. So yeah! GT3 or GT, sports car and tin top racing for me please! Would love to do V8 supercars but at the moment I'm struggling massively with their handling model :p

Reactions: AndrexUK

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I'm interested.

Also another bit of advice. Listen to what @Browneskiii and @AndrexUK said! I went in racing straight away trying to get results and also SR. I managed to get myself out of Rookie and into D class but kept on racing trying to push for 4.0 safety racing. Got close to it 3 or 4 times to have it knocked back down again by some messy races and gave up. A year later, I jumped in for an afternoon of races and focused on SR and now up into C class, however due to such a good start in the lower tiers I have high IRating which is putting me up in the top splits with some very very fast drivers. Coming back to getting 10-15th race finishing positions isn't all that great when you're used to being in top 5 regularly. Basically, I'm out of touch with the game, and at the moment (until I get back into it properly) out of my depth in terms of the people I am racing with. Hopefully though doing some GT3 stuff and similar will get me back higher up the grid. So yeah! GT3 or GT, sports car and tin top racing for me please! Would love to do V8 supercars but at the moment I'm struggling massively with their handling model :p
how does the ranking stuff actually work in Iracing cause I read somewhere that it doesn't matter what position you finish but the game calculates how many corners you take without having an incident....???

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Basically there are 2 ranks, one being iRating and one being Safety Rating.

iR is the one which decides what splits you are in and the higher you finish the more iR you get, generally speaking, iR is the more accurate of the two to determine skills.
SR is what's important to be able to race in different classes. The less incidents you get in a race, the more it goes up. If you finish the season with 3.00 or more then you will go up to the next class, or if it's below 2.00 then you'll go down. 4.00 and 1.00 while having the 4 race requirements (in your class) will just automatically make you go up a class.

In basic terms, iR is what determines your split and your skill level but SR is what determines what you are allowed to race in.

Reactions: Lorrentz

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
for the safety rating (SR) that is exactly how it works. Which is why when starting out, start a race from the pits, and just drive your race avoiding the normal turn 1 mess. you can stay behind everyone, and finish last, and still improve your SR rating, as it's 100% based on the number of turns per incident. So don't even get close to anyone till you are out of R / D class.
Your focus should be 100% on not having any incidents, and you will get out of R / D licence fairly quickly!
When you get your C licence, then start racing, but the priority should still be on your SR rating.

Reactions: Lorrentz

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
GT3 on iRacing is in a good place. We got at least the Audi R8 being released in the new season in March, and possibly the Mercedes.
Whether the interest is there a don't know. Big factor is paying the money and you need to get up to B class to run live practice sessions and races. Am not sure any more than two or three from the Star Mazda league would come over. It's a long shot but if there's interest I'll back you Andzo

frejo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2015
If it is compliant with life (scheduling etc) then I'm interested!

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
Very initial thoughts would be:

Since there might not be enough ppl in Class C / B for the GT3s, to start a couple of races in the Cadillac VTs / Ford Falcon V8.
Start with as much free content as possible, and then build up.

Really shouldn't take long for ppl to get into C, but it would be a nice intro, and keep the cost down.

I have no knowledge of how a private league works in iRacing, but my current plan is to continue with the pCars GT3 league till it is complete.
This may give some new iRacers the chance to get up to C class, and then we can look into it seriously.

Would be really awesome to keep this as an AOR thing, but that obviously depends on the amount of interest. If there is not enough to keep this in house, but there are a handful of us, i guess we could look to join an exisiting league somewhere.

If ppl have not signed up to iRacing yet, but want to. pls visit:
https://members.iracing.com/membersite/SubscriptionChoices.do?refid=113021

Noztra kindly provided a list of promo codes for new starters: (as of 28/010/16)

3 month basic membership. for $5: PR-IMSA2015 or PR-MERCEDESGT3 or PR-SROMG
Regular retail price: $30
Discount: $25 (83%)

3 month basic membership with the Late Model. for $12: PR-2015PSRTV
Regular retail price: $41.95
Discount: $29 (71%)

===
3 month basic membership with the Ford GT. for $12: PR-GRIPTV or PR-RaceSpotLive
Regular retail price: $41.95
Discount: $29 (71%)

===

12 months basic membership for $49: PRLEAGUE12 orPRHOLIDAYHALFOFF12
Regular retail price: $99
Discount: $50 (50 %)

two year basic membership $89: PRHOLIDAYHALFOFF24
Regular retail price: $17
Discount: $89 (50%)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/iracing-promo-codes-updated.131900/

The Bold highlighted one might be a good option, as it gets you the Ford GT GT3 car, essentially for free.

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
This is something that I would definatly love to do. Although I would still like to participate in pCARS.

Looks like I need to work on getting out of rookie :hungry:

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Definitely interested, but whether i'll actually join depends mainly on what happens with Pro Mazda league. If that gets shelved in light of the soon-to-be-released Formula Renault (which I may not get), then i'll almost definitely be involved.

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
This may persuade me to carry on Iracing...
And set up my wheel...
And finally get a gaming PC...
THIS BETTER HAPPEN

Also, because so many cars can be used, a lot more people can take part. I made a table of all the cars that could be used and the specs, although the RUF is innacurate, I just took them off a GT3 porsche.

GT3 leagues.JPG

The Caddy and Ford both have come with lots of promos, so I think only tracks will be the issue, trying to do ones that people will have.
That will probably mean taking GT3/GT1 tracks and some free ones.
Add to that the Vanthoormobil coming soon (or if you know nothing about GT3 the R8 LMS) and this is a viable series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorrentz and Gxbbs

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
I have given in, and re-subbed!
Purchased the McLaren GT3 as a few ppl have it that I would be interested in Driver swapping endurance races.
Also picked up a few tracks.
Still tempted with the RUF (you get 3 cars for the price of 1!), or the Z4, but might hold off until Audi R8!

Currently on about 3.55 road rating on a C license.

Reactions: PedroRC

Alex Varic

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 30, 2015
Really???? Was there only 1 participant? whahaha just kidding m8 WELL DONE CONGRATZ!! Pillar Salt Racing FTW
Did I mention that finishing third is winning for me?
And how can I tell what split I'm in?

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Did I mention that finishing third is winning for me?
And how can I tell what split I'm in?
when you enter a race the splits have some ID numbers...the lower numbers are the higher splits...don't know if there is any other way to tell tbh since I am still new in the whole iracing stuff :D