Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
AOR Banner Season 10.png

AOR iRacing GTE League | Season 10 | Round 9
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve | -
R9 Canada.png

The red mark indicates the start of the no overtaking zone in qualifying.

Date: 25/05/2020

In-sim Time/Date settings:

Date: 25/05/2020
Practice will begin at: 0600
Qualifying will begin at: 0715
Race will start at: 0800
Speed progression: x1.
Weather: Generated.

Time:
18:15 GMT - Practice 1 hour 15 minutes
19:30 GMT - 25 minutes open class qualifying
19:57 GMT - Race 1h 20 minutes

Qualifying Groups:
QualyFormatv2.1.png

Skin Pack: Here

Outstanding penalties:
@Dobby - Drive Through Penalty - not served in R8
@Latsero - Race ban + Pit Lane Stop Penalty - not served in R8

Absences:
@Sgarky
@Rin Hato
@Dobby
@Juspe
@blairmann99

Reserves Racing:
-

Last edited by a moderator:

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I probably won't be racing tonight, I've been trying not to miss these races cause I focus most on this league but I think it's best if I give my foot more rest. Hopefully I can do the finale and by the time a new season comes round I'll be recovered, but we'll see I guess.

• Informative
Reactions: Argon

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
Apologies to @Thomas Saintot and whoever was involved at the hairpin. Not my greatest moment... :(

Thomas Saintot

Junior Karter
Mar 22, 2020
No worries, my only success on this race will be my qualification skill improved by a second. Otherwise it’s a habit to go out in lap 1...
But anticipated when it's in 2 wides in front, we just lost 0.1-0.2s on entering the turn...

SMEAJ

S14 PC F4 Champion & iRacing GTE S10 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
Wow, today really didn't go as expected. I knew I had pace having done a lot of track time earlier in the week, but I didn't have much time to warm up today and felt quite rusty going into the race. I planned to be tenacious and cautious, happy to settle for the P4 I needed, but then everything just fell my way.

1590441240877.png

From getting punted by my own teammate and losing 40 positions on the first corner of the season (ffs Alfie), to crossing the line backwards in Barcelona. Accidentally sleeping through the Mid-Ohio race was a good highlight also. But a combination of consistency, and being the only Pro driver brave enough to pick the Ford at the start of the season (plus a dodgy mid-season BoP lol) had me sorted.

Comiserations to @AndyG, maybe with a more reliable PC you could have given us an exciting title showdown in Le Mans. And also to @Zerd and @MartinG1337 who both deserved a 2nd place today but bad luck threw it out of their hands. Congrats to @Hooper on his first Pro-Am win, Bimmer 2 OP at Montreal.

Unsure if I'll compete next season or "pull a Rosberg". But either way, let's all put on a good show for @King-kodiak's swansong in Le Mans.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
man, what a race!

Probably my best ever qualifying in P2 in class, setting a personal best lap time too.

Race start was good, stayed out of trouble.
Once my team mate Merlin was past, strategy started. Merlin had a shot at the class win, but needed a bit of help, as our italian AM drivers were lightning fast.
Worked hard to give Merlin a gap to P3.
First pit stop: Had a complete brain freeze and rear ended Connor on pit entry. Again, apologies, this shouldn't have happened. 100% on me.
I think I lost P2 in class during that stop.

After the pits, wasn't in any heated battles anymore. Managed gaps and tires and focused on bringing P3 in class home.
Ferrari tires can last 80min, who would have known?

Overall, super happy with the race, aside from that one incident.

Awesome drive by Merlin, getting the class win after an early spin and wall contact. Great drive!

Two AM podiums for V3 Racing :)

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
spamming it here, in hopes everybody sees it: join our farewell for our commentator legend King-Kodiak:

Reactions: Michael_E