Former Super Mod
- Aug 26, 2014
Welcome, to Season 3 of the Ferrari Challenge Championship and Ford and now the Porsche Too! First change, is the name. The other name is funny, but highly impractical. So hence forth this is the AOR iRacing GTE League! We've made a few changes from last time too so be sure to have a read.
Changes for Season 3!
Porsche 911 RSR! You can now drive the new Porsche on iRacing in the league!
Calendar! For this season, really to see how we get on. We're running a reduced calendar rather than the usual 12. This will be an 8 round season featuring a mix of tracks from the iLMS and IMSA official calendars. Check out the Calendar here to find out which track we're running,
Format change! We've dropped the reverse grid/two race format. For this season, we'll be having one race. A race that lasts for 1 hour and 20 minutes!
Tiered racing! Much like the real world, we will divide the drivers into either 'Pro' or 'Am' drivers. For now, you can select your preference for which one. But this is not a guarantee
What day and time do events start? Race nights will begin every Tuesday from 19:00 UK time (BST), with qualifying commencing at 19:30.
When will the season start? The first race of the season will be 3/7/2018. The race calendar follows a combination of the iLMS and IMSA tracks, so be sure to keep an eye on which we're doing each week
What are the entry requirements? There are no licence required for this league. However, drivers with a licence lower than D 4.00 will be monitored. If we feel you are unsafe on track we will remove you from the league. You are also expected to be active on the forum in order to receive the latest updates.
How do I register as part of a team? Simply state your team preferences in this thread - the name of your team and name of the driver you're teaming up with. There will be a maximum of 2 drivers per team at any one time. Drivers can be changed but this will need to be authorised by the League Coordinators.
How many spaces are available? There will be a maximum of 30 full-time spaces. If these spaces are filled we will have a reserve list for drivers to go on until a space becomes available.
What happens if I'm on the reserve list? If you're on the reserve list, there will still be opportunities to race if a main driver can't make a race.
How is the Championship structured? The Championship consists of 8 race nights featuring one race per night.
Race night structure?
● 30-minute practice session
● 10-minute lone qualifying (maximum 3 laps allowed)
● 1 hour 20-minute race with grid based on qualifying order. Rolling start.
More details can be found in the rules thread.
Are setups permitted? The Championship is open to setup modification.
What is the points system? The points system can be found in the league rules thread. In addition to normal points for finishing positions, one additional point is handed out for pole position, fastest lap and completing a race with 0x incidents.
Full details on points scoring can be found in the rules thread.
Are there any recommended files to download? If you so wish to create your own team livery you can find the Ford GT 2017/Ferrari 488 GTE/Porsche 911 RSR templates under the "Paint" section of the iRacing website. Trading Paints is recommended to upload and show off your livery on race nights as well as making the rest of the grid look suited and booted!
Please make your entry in the following format:
Number preference - Name - Nationality - Car - Team (if applicable) - Licence and iRating - Pro/Am (Delete as appropriate)
Car #1 is reserved for the Season 2 Champion - Joonas Vastamaki. Otherwise it is first come first serve for driver numbers.
You will also need to sign up to the league via iRacing here
Full time drivers 30/30
- #1 - Joonas O Vastmäki @Lamoracke79 - Finland - Ferrari - AVA Simsport - A 2.92 / 4416 - Pro
- #4 - Alexander Waldo @The Genius - Sweden - TBC - Scuderia AORia - A 3.66 / 2125 - Pro/Am
- #6 - Richard Brenneman - @Afterlithe - USA - Ford - Fox Racing - A3.54 / 1809 - Am
- #7 - Niclas Domino @Niclas Domino - Denmark - Porsche - Fox Racing - A 4.44 / 1735 - Pro/Am
- #9 - Christoph Holstein @Ycoms - Switzerland - Porsche - Positive Sim Racing - A 4.19 / 3847 - Pro
- #15 - Andreas Olsson @jawee - Sweden - Ferrari - TBR-Denmark - A 3.68 / 2340 - Pro
- #18 - Jacob Simonsen @Jakefromfinance - Denmark - Porsche - Team Danish Bacon - A 3.54 / 1831 - Am
- #20 - Simon Schneider Hæstrup @schneiderh - Denmark - Porsche - Team Danish Bacon - C 1.55 / 1491 - Am
- #21 - Martijn Asschert - @Metten - Netherlands - Porsche - Schubert Motorsport Simracing - 4.51 / 2189 - Am
- #22 - Brad Westgarth @Westyy - UK - Porsche - VRT eRacing - A 3.5 / 1600 - Am
- #24 - Hugo Queniat @RaikoGordon24 - French - Porsche - Marlou Motorsport - A 2.27 / 3398 - Pro
- #25 - Jukka V Suominen @Jukks - Finland - Ferrari - Iridium Racing - A 4.06 / 2222 - Pro/Am
- #28 - Ronnie C Gibbons - UK - Porsche - Team Buschfink Racing - B 2.65 / 3180 - Pro
- #29 - Gilles Hendrikx - @Witte29 - Netherlands - Ford - C3.51 / 1308 - Am
- #31 - Jason S Dyer @ramdrop - UK - Porsche - AVA Simsport - A 4.99 / 4025 - Pro
- #34 - Kristian Takacs @Synergi - Norway - Porsche - Team AOR - A 3.37 / 2374 - Pro
- #41 - Marvin Sluman @Marvin - Dutch - Ford - Panache Racing - A2.68 / 1844 - Pro/Am
- #43 - Andrew Browne2 @Browneskiii - UK - Ferrari - Privateer - B2.5 / 2000 - Am
- #44 - Phil Reid @McPhilen - UK - Ferrari - Team AOR - B 2.89 / 4537 - Pro
- #64 - Joachim Ljunggren @Joachim Ljunggren - Sweden - Ferrari - TBR-Sweden - A 4.39 / 3967 - Pro/Am
- #75 - Saso Prosen @Saso - Slovenia - Porsche - Team SloRacing - A2.44 / 2572- Pro/Am
- #77 - Harrison Finch @Finch - UK - Ferrari - Positive Sim Racing - A 4.7 / 5200 - Pro
- #82 - Stephan Kamke @Stephan - Germany - Ford - Smooth Snailin - A 4.84 / 1238 - Am
- #83 - Stevie Chambers @Stevie - UK - Ferrari - Scuderia AORia - A 2.26 / 2263 - Pro/Am
- #89 - Espen Schjærin @Xsess - Norway - Porsche - Team Momentum eSports #1 - A 2.51 / 1851 - Pro/Am
- #92 - Spencer McCarthy @ramiboo - UK - Porsche - Geodesic Racing - A 2.40 / 3680 - Pro
- #94 - Alexis Bouché @Meireloso - France - Ford - Panache Racing - A 2.44 / 2210 - Pro/Am
- #111- Magnus Vallström @Nukka - Sweden - Porsche - TBR-Sweden - A3. Xx / 2990 - Pro
- #177 - Sara Dove @Rin Hato - UK - Porsche - MitchiriNico - B 3.81 / 3049 - Pro/Am
- #198 - Jordan Pearce @Rcfly3r1 - UK - Porsche - VRT eRacing Pink - B 3.35 / 2075 - AM
- #42 - Dominik Gadermayr @N1kmido - Austria - Ferrari - Privateer - B 2.71 / 2482 - Pro/Am
- #96 - Mike Schepers @mike66187 - Dutch - Porsche - TBC - A 4.29 / 2318
- #23 - Ben Warren @WarroF1 - UK - Porsche - Team Buschfink Racing - A 2.49 / 2896 - Pro
- #27 - David McCulloch @Doc - UK - Ford - MAR - Monster AMG Racing - B 3.45 - ?
- #30 - Yuanxi Lin @1185323118 - China - Ferrari - Revolution Sim Racing - B 2.50 / 1750 - Am
- #33 - Eneric Andre @Era - France - Ford - Race Clutch/Privateer - A 3.06 / 6240 - Pro
- #54 - Gunar Nijenhuis @Gunar Nijenhuis - NL - Ferrari - Privateer - B4.22 - Pro
- Rolf Just