Former Super Mod
- Aug 26, 2014
Welcome to Season 6 of the AOR iRacing GTE League! Continuing on from our most competitive and biggest grid to date we're happy to keep things moving!
Things that have changed!
- Priority Sign Ups! Drivers who attended and started 6 of the 10 rounds in Season 5 will have priority. Those drivers will be given 72 hours ahead of non-priority drivers. Non priority drivers will be first come, first serve.
- Format Change! Due to the increased grid size, we've upped qualifying up to 20 minutes. This is to allow on smaller tracks there is more time to get a lap in.
- Calendar! We're back up to 12 rounds this season! We're running 11 out of 12 rounds of the iLMS Calendar too! Check out the calendar here!
- Drop Weeks! We are reintroducing drop weeks.
- Rule Tweaks! We've tidied up the rules and added a few.
- Practice Session! For the time being (depending on usage) the practice time will be extended. Qualifying will still begin at 19:35
- BMW M8! The GTE line-up has been increased with the introduction of the BMW M8 GTE!
What day and time do events start? Race nights will begin every Monday from 18:15 UK time (GMT), with qualifying commencing at 19:35.
When will the season start? The first race of the season will be 18/3/2019. The race calendar will be mostly following the iLMS calendar. The calendar can be found here.
What are the entry requirements? There are no licence required for this league. However, drivers with a licence lower than D 4.00 will be monitored. If we feel you are unsafe on track we will remove you from the league. You are also expected to be active on the forum in order to receive the latest updates. Unfortunately, drivers will less than 1k iRating will be automatically rejected from the league.
How do I register as part of a team? Simply state your team preferences as part of your sign-up - the name of your team and name of the driver you're teaming up with. There will be a maximum of 2 drivers per team at any one time. Drivers can be changed but this will need to be authorised by the League Coordinators. It is not required to both drive the same car, but both drivers are required to drive matching liveries. You can also team up with people in different classes.
How many spaces are available? There will be a maximum of 50 full-time spaces. If these spaces are filled we will have a reserve list for drivers to go on until a space becomes available.
What happens if I'm on the reserve list? If you're on the reserve list, there will still be opportunities to race if a main driver can't make a race. We do not accept drivers who wish to sign up as a reserve. If you're on the reserve list then when a space becomes available, you will be moved onto the main driver list.
How is the Championship structured? The Championship consists of 12 race nights featuring one race per night. There are 3 classes that drivers will be placed in. Pro, Pro/Am and Am. Drivers will be placed in a class after they have completed two rounds.
Race night structure?
● 1 hour 20-minute practice session beginning from 18:15 (GMT)
● 20-minute open qualifying beginning from 19:35 (GMT)
● 1 hour 20-minute race with grid based on qualifying order with a rolling start beginning from 19:57 (GMT)
More details can be found in the rules thread.
Are setups permitted? The Championship is open to setup modification.
What is the points system? The points system can be found in the league rules thread. In addition to normal points for finishing positions, there are bonus points awarded for pole position, fastest lap and having a clean race.
Full details on points scoring can be found in the rules thread.
Are there any recommended files to download? If you so wish to create your own team livery you can find all car livery templates under the "Paint" section of the iRacing website. Trading Paints is recommended to upload and show off your livery on race nights as well as making the rest of the grid look suited and booted!
There are also useful fuel calculators out there! You can get one here!
You are also encouraged and welcome to join the Official AOR Discord, people join the specific channel for the league races.
You will also need to sign up to the league via iRacing here
How to Sign-Up:
Step 1 - You need to provide the following information:
Username - This is your AOR Forum name
iRacing Name - This is your iRacing name, include numbers if there are any.
Nationality - This is your nationality, not what region iRacing puts you.
Team name - If you are not running in a team, please write 'Privateer'
Car Number -
Customer ID - To find your customer ID. Go to iRacing, click on 'My account', then at the top on the right, it will tell you your customer ID. You may also be able to find it in the URL if you search for yourself through iRacing. This is public information. Anybody can get your Customer ID. This is massively important for the skin pack and broadcast.
iRating - your current iRating as of your sign up post.
Safety Rating - Your current Safety Rating and License class, e.g. B4.50
Step 2 - Sending in your livery:
You will also need to send your iRacing livery over here. This is also mandatory to be accepted into the league. Again, this is public information, anybody can download your livery if they know what they are doing. This is again important for broadcast. Even if you just use a livery from trading paints.
Click here to find out how you do that.
● Due to the time required to get the skins and information added to our overlay and skin pack, any new sign ups after the Friday before each race will not be able to participate in the race the following Monday.
● #21, #25, #26, #30, #32, #38, #40, #43,, #49, #52, #53, #61, #62, #68, #73, #76, #79, #80, #83, #85, #87 are the only numbers we have currently available
Driver List: (50/50)