AOR iRacing GTE League Season 7 - Media Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing GTE League Season 7 - Media Thread

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
GTE_Banner_S7_1.png

Here you can share any images, videos you take from the league sessions, link to streams, highlights or whatever you have!

Last edited:
Reactions: Panoots1967

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
AOR GTE League S7, R1, Spa Franchorchamps - Highlight Video focusing at AM-Class-Drivers

Planing to restart doing a highlight video for the AM-Class for every race. Video will be 25 min long and automatically generated using iRacingReplayDirector. Thus all scenes are randomly selected - and there is supposed an AM-Driver involved.

P.S.: It captured me going very slow because of fuel saving - made a rookies mistake and stayed out one lap too long. And you not gona make it around in Spa just with 2.78 liter at a reasonable pace.

@Lindholdt @Isir @BaBaBoye @Pretender @CarbonUK @VSR Davidben @Niclas Domino @mzeleni8 @Merlin Cooper @washy03 @DeuxMilles @Argon @Cravgar @VSR_NICK-NITRO @boofon @Coombey97 @Arild @Witte29 @Philippe Salinas @AlexOki @Izzizo @xMinxG @blake300892 @Deerladog @Pitti @HCR Dortmund @ScienceSloth @Gosutoo @krop @mmbingo @DaveGaming

Last edited:

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
AOR GTE League S7, R1, Spa Franchorchamps - Highlight Video focusing at AM-Class-Drivers

Planing to restart doing a highlight video for the AM-Class for every race. Video will be 25 min long and automatically generated using iRacingReplayDirector. Thus all scenes are randomly selected - and there is supposed an AM-Driver involved.

P.S.: It captured me going very slow because of fuel saving - made a rookies mistakte and stayed out one lap too long. And you not gona make it around in Spa just with 2.78 liter at a reasonable pace.

Lindholdt @Isir @BaBaBoye @Pretender @CarbonUK @VSR Davidben @Niclas Domino @mzeleni8 @Merlin Cooper @washy03 @DeuxMilles @Argon @Cravgar @VSR_NICK-NITRO @boofon @Coombey97 @Arild @Witte29 @Philippe Salinas @AlexOki @Izzizo @xMinxG @blake300892 @Deerladog @Pitti @HCR Dortmund @ScienceSloth @Gosutoo @krop @mmbingo @DaveGaming
what program are you using m8 :)

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
what program are you using m8 :)

Using iRacingReplay Director or iRacingReplayOverlay.net. It's an open source tool on github - which did not work after a change in the iRacing SKD and was more or less discontinued. Was planing to further optimize the tool - but due to lack of time I just made it that it works for my own demands.

Although I would wish to have more control over the scenes selected (e.g. overtakes, car contacts, etc), a replay option if more than one scene is interesting at the same time,....Furthermore rendering a 25 min. video takes way to long due to the approach used (analysis, gather a 100% video and then cut the parts for the highlights) - but it would take a lot of time to really change that (at the end just the idea would remain from the original program) and I decided to spent the time practising.

Does have some other issues if replays getting longer than 120 min.

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Just remember that iRacing doesn't record all data in the Replay, so there might be stuff you won't be able to see.

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Just remember that iRacing doesn't record all data in the Replay, so there might be stuff you won't be able to see.
You might be right - but at least you have sufficient information to figure out the battles ongoing (done by using time gap) and you could use the incidents as well - which I did not do at SPA because than you get to much scenes shown were a car goes slightly of track.

If I recall identifying a car contact and/or pass is a little harder to determine and not programmed yet. That was one of the tasks I was giving myself but never really started.

Reactions: Panoots1967

Panoots1967

Pro Karter
May 31, 2019
You might be right - but at least you have sufficient information to figure out the battles ongoing (done by using time gap) and you could use the incidents as well - which I did not do at SPA because than you get to much scenes shown were a car goes slightly of track.

If I recall identifying a car contact and/or pass is a little harder to determine and not programmed yet. That was one of the tasks I was giving myself but never really started.
Thank you

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
A little late - but here is the automatic generated AM class highlight video from Watkins glen.

I apologize for the quality but still struggling with my settings due to I had to change them to be able to use the AOR overlay which Domio provided to me

@Lindholdt @Isir @BaBaBoye @Pretender @CarbonUK @VSR Davidben @Niclas Domino @mzeleni8 @Merlin Cooper @washy03 @DeuxMilles @Argon @Cravgar @VSR_NICK-NITRO @boofon @Coombey97 @Arild @Witte29 @Philippe Salinas @AlexOki @Izzizo @xMinxG @blake300892 @Deerladog @Pitti @HCR Dortmund @ScienceSloth @Gosutoo @krop @mmbingo @DaveGaming

Last edited:

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017