Former Super Mod
- Aug 26, 2014
Welcome to Season 7 of the AOR iRacing GTE League! With record numbers last season forming a hugely competitive grid, we're back for another 12 week season!
There have been a few changes for this season:
● Priority Sign Ups! There is a two step priority sign up process this time round, see below for more information
● Format Change! We're introducing a class qualifying format, therefore qualifying has been upped to 25 minutes to accommodate this. See more information here.
● Calendar! Once again we'll be running mainly the iLMS calendar, however round 6 will be a 'wildcard round' where drivers will be able to vote on the track, as well as other options. See the calendar here.
● Rule Tweaks! We've tidied up the rules and added a few. All our rules can be found here
● Points reduction! We've reduced the points system, as a result, we've removed the overall championships.
● Fuel cap! We've introduced a a fuel cap of 75% to all cars this season.
What day and time do events start? Race nights will begin every Monday from 18:15 GMT +1, with class qualifying commencing at 19:30.
When will the season start? The first race of the season will be 17/6/2019. The race calendar will be mostly following the iLMS calendar. The calendar can be found here.
What are the entry requirements? There are no licence required for this league. However, drivers with a licence lower than D 4.00 will be monitored. If we feel you are unsafe on track we will remove you from the league. You are also expected to be active on the forum in order to receive the latest updates. Unfortunately, drivers with less than 1k iRating will be automatically rejected from the league.
How many spaces are available? There will be a maximum of 50 full-time spaces. If these spaces are filled we will have a reserve list for drivers to go on until a space becomes available.
What happens if I'm on the reserve list? If you're on the reserve list, there will still be opportunities to race if a main driver can't make a race. We do not accept drivers who wish to sign up as a reserve. If you're on the reserve list then when a space becomes available, you will be moved onto the main driver list.
If we have a similar amount of reserves as last season, each week a conversation is created where all drivers are invited. Each driver is assigned a number. When we're told a driver cannot race, then we roll on a random number generator, and whoever is picked gets offered the spot. You will have 12 hours to confirm your spot or you will lose it. This then gives everyone a fair shot at racing. This is assuming you have your skin sent and you are ready to race.
However, this is only in play until the day of the race. On Monday, if we get any drivers drop out, one of the coordinators post in the conversation and it's first come first serve.
If a main spot becomes available on the main list, the drivers get promoted in order of sign up.
How is the Championship structured? The Championship consists of 12 race nights featuring one race per night. There are 3 classes that drivers will be placed in. Pro, Pro/Am and Am. For the most part, there are few changes between the classes, so we will try to put people into classes as soon as possible.
Race night structure?
● 1 hour 15-minute practice session beginning from 18:15 (GMT+1)
● 25-minute open class qualifying beginning from 19:30 (GMT+1)
● 1 hour 20-minute race with grid based on qualifying order with a rolling start beginning from 19:57 (GMT+1)
More details can be found in the rules thread.
Are setups permitted? The Championship is open to setup modification.
What is the points system? We have reduced the points pool in conjunction with removing the overall and and teams championship. Bonus points will remain. However, this season bonus points will be given for both pole position and fastest lap per class.
Full details on points scoring can be found in the rules thread.
Are there any recommended files to download? If you so wish to create your own team livery you can find all car livery templates under the "Paint" section of the iRacing website. Trading Paints is recommended to upload and show off your livery on race nights as well as making the rest of the grid look suited and booted!
There are also useful fuel calculators out there! You can get one here!
You are also encouraged and welcome to join the Official AOR Discord, people join the specific channel for the league races.
You will also need to sign up to the league via iRacing here
How to Sign-Up:
Step 1 - You need to provide the following information:
Username - This is your AOR Forum name
iRacing Name - This is your iRacing name, include numbers if there are any.
Nationality - This is your nationality, not what region iRacing puts you.
Team name - You can team up with another driver, please provide your team name, alternatively you can run as a 'Privateer'
Car Number - Please choose a number between 00 and 99. If you want 7 for example, then write 07. Car #01 is reserved for Season 6 Champion - Dan Sosulski
Customer ID - To find your customer ID. Go to iRacing, click on 'My account', then at the top on the right, it will tell you your customer ID. You may also be able to find it in the URL if you search for yourself through iRacing. This is public information. Anybody can get your Customer ID. This is massively important for the skin pack and broadcast.
iRating - your current iRating as of your sign up post.
Safety Rating - Your current Safety Rating and License class, e.g. B4.50
Step 2 - Sending in your livery:
You will also need to send your iRacing livery over here. This is also mandatory to be accepted into the league. Again, this is public information, anybody can download your livery if they know what they are doing. This is again important for broadcast. Even if you just use a livery from trading paints.
To find out how you do that. Click here
● Due to the time required to get the skins and information added to our overlay and skin pack, any new sign ups after the Friday before each race will not be able to participate in the race the following Monday. However for the first round of the championship the deadline is 28/06/2019.
Driver List: (50/50)
Red are in use
Green are free
Last edited by a moderator: