AOR iRacing GTE League Season 8 - Round 10: Belle Isle | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing GTE League Season 8 - Round 10: Belle Isle

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Sorry for the late notice but even though I'm starting to recover I'm still not well enough to race tonight.

• Informative
Reactions: Argon

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Im suddenly having doubts about when race is regarding time zones. How long is it until race now.?
Practice starts in 7min from now. Practice is 1h 15m, then 25m Qualifying followed by the race (1h 20m).

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
That was a short race :(
Died in sector 1. A car got collected and shot across in front of me, no chance for either one to do something about it.
Big wheel damage, bend steering, undrivable. Tow and repair would have put me 20min behind in a broken car. Not a track to play slow, broken backmarker :(

Merlin Cooper

GP2 2nd Driver
Nov 2, 2017
One of the worst races I ever have had - was the first time I did race on this track, but that shouldn't be an excuse.

Have to apologize to those who did get envolved in the 1st lap incident I caused. Locked my brakes at turn4, had slight oversteer and went on the curb, hit the wall at the inside and was rebounded to the other side of the track. :-(

Missed several times the brake point of turn7 as well and unfortunately I caused an incident there as well later in the race. Don't with whom I had ontact there but I'll know that soon when the incident reports are started.

Sorry for a bad performance on track today .

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Expected and wished for a quiet race following some nice train but instead I had one of my most intense AOR races thanks to @poisike78 . I had to push to resist to him for half the race or so, until I brushed a wall a bit too hard and got no more top speed. Fair fight, too bad he had to DNF though...

• Friendly
Reactions: Ranno

causa45

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2019
Great race, thanks everybody. Never thought I'd get back to 4th after my drive-through. Lapped cars were super fair, thanks!

Reactions: Dennis_Meisner

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
I don't even know anymore...

Decent Q lap, P9, happy enough. Get through the start well and sort of half keeping up with the train ahead of me but most importantly maintaining the gap behind. When the rear steps out over a bump my right rear smashes into the wall, but nothing wrong. Then a few laps later I fucking graze the wall for any old normal 0x, nothing wrong with the car, suddenly, meatball.

I went into the pit when I came out again 12 minutes later all seemed fine for a few laps. Then my car just seemed to become a Ferrari F1 car and just fall apart or smt. After a few laps it started handling a bit strange, few laps later I got a sudden amount of cronch on my left front that wasn't there the lap before and the car felt honestly more broken than it did during the meatball. Like 10 laps later I got sudden steering damage. I'd like to be clear that I had NO 0x'es or any encounter with a car or a wall after my pit stop. I love this game sometimes.

mancSLO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2019
I'm happy survive my christmans gif (new track Belle Isle and Motegi).
Tonight I got very bed Q P30. Catch 0x and my fastest lap wil not count (around 1:25:2:sleep:). Race: In lap 1 got 4x (crash infront of us, car 398 did not see that). My car was demaged but I'm finish in P16. At the end I try to catch Evan, but race finish so fast :sneaky: . In that period I got some late breake when James want to pass me for a lap. OK, I was tooth, that P5 is so far away for him in last 2 min, but next time i must give him more space, if I'm lap down.
BTW: If I knew how good irating you have Evan, I wouldn't even try to chase you :LOL:...

Dennis_Meisner

AOR PS4 S2 LMP2 TEC Champion
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2018
My debut with AOR on PC - not really anything to point at. Had never ever seen the track before this week - and family stuff did that i had only a minimum off practice. I think that i several times was really lucky to be avoiding some big crashes in front of me. End of the day it seems i gathered up a 3rd in AM so pretty happy with tthat TBH. so thx for a good first race

JuniorJH

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2016
I was very glad when that race was over! What happened on the first out lap with Pro-Am? I heard some contact into turn 3? Seemed like a lot of fighting for track position going on.