AOR iRacing GTE League Season 8 - Round 5: Spa-Francorchamps | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing GTE League Season 8 - Round 5: Spa-Francorchamps

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Race was good great until pit stop. Car changed somehow after the stop (maybe old tires and refueled?) Spun twice in the outlap. Is just my driving style not compatible to used tires?

D.

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
F00kin hell I needed a good result again. Got a major case of c a t a s t r o p h i c u n d e r s t e e r after getting a tap at the rear on the messy start, but that wasn't really anyone's fault. Entire grid just constantina'd into eachother. Had some fun fights and when the grip came back, managed to keep P4 alive. Yeet.

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Started P7, muscled out to P9 in that absolute lap 1 orgy (what the hell was that start about btw). Then I had some M E A T Y race pace and tore up to P4 somehow. Drive through cost me a place but it was to Waifu Brik so it's all cute. 22 points for the hi-vi guys, a lot more than we expected. GG to Ross on your 4th win of the season, hope you get some topshags tonight.

Also Craig is the biggest sandbagger since Alex Bennett

• Agree
  • Faff
Reactions: Rienk and Sgarky

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Had some "Moses parting the Red Sea" moment at the start of the race. Looks like that was the begining of my journey to the promise land of top spot Pro-Am podium.
P22 to P7, that doesn't really sound right if you ask me :unsure:

Reactions: Michael_E

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Had an amazing qualifying and start of the race, but absolutely threw it away by trying to overtake Fisi. Had to wait like 20 seconds before I could rejoin as I was facing the wrong way. In hindsight should have stayed behind Fisi and just kept P1 in class. After that spin I was about 13 seconds behind Reithmuller and Godefroy and was hoping I could recover to P1, but we were running identical lap times the whole race, so gg to them.

Hopefully I can have similar performance in some other races this season, just without me bottling it.

mancSLO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2019
1st time top 20 in AOR is a great results for me and Dizel Race Team, with 1x at the end. Survive 1st lap and than some great battle to catch P13 at the end.
The next one should be more diffficult. Must research google earth to find that Phillip Island circuit...

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Shouldn't the start be analyzed, even without making a report?? It was a joke! A really bad one
Did the leader slowed down just before the start!?
From my POV, P2 on grid was way ahead of P1 at the exit of the bus stop (almost 2 cars length).

Did P1 played with it? Probably.

Would the start have been less messy if P1 had hammer down earlier? At first, probably. But then I suspect it would have been mayhem anyways, because there would have been a fast lane behind the leader and a slow one behind P2 who still would have had to wait for P1 to pass him...

In short I blame P2 for not respecting his position on the grid. Just my advice though...

Reactions: Paulo Martins

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
From my POV, P2 on grid was way ahead of P1 at the exit of the bus stop (almost 2 cars length).

Did P1 played with it? Probably.

In short I blame P2 for not respecting his position on the grid. Just my advice though...
I didn't play with anything. I tried to maintain constant speed throughout and tried to start late, so as many people as possible could go through the chicane.

Last season people were complaining because I went too early, this time people are complaining because I went too late. If you have formation lap crashes in the midfield for 3 seasons in a row on the same track it gets a bit old to blame the leader(s) all the time, don't you think?

As the guy in P2 it's difficult to drive the same speed as P1 without going too fast or dropping off for a moment - especially on a single screen. Much more difficult than to avoid crashing into a car right ahead of you for sure.

Reactions: mancSLO and Ycoms

n0body_

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 19, 2017
As the guy in P2 it's difficult to drive the same speed as P1 without going too fast or dropping off for a moment - especially on a single screen.
+1. I challenge anyone here to stay level with someone through the final chicane in a ford on minimum FOV with my camera settings & a single 24” screen (Because I’m on my phone have a really janky link to a stewards post from earlier in the season so you can feel my pain) https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/gte-r1-l14.59431/post-835042

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 9, 2019
You guys know you can use a button to look left or right.... Don't you!? I am a single monitor driver long time a go and I always use it. Specially at the start (and specially if you start in the 2nd position)!!!!!!!!
Fighting for position in the middle of the race it is ok to avoid the look right/left button. But at the start I always used and there is no excuses to not use it, in my opinion.