AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Why couldn't all of the races this season have been like that :c

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephan

Nilton

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 9, 2019
Sorry to the driver that I accidentally hit, but for some reason i did'nt have any contact.
Once again so sorry ok mate:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
People make mistakes a'plenty in this race because of the track but still get decent positions. I make exactly 1, hit 2 millimeters of grass and I'm stone-dead last. I don't know anymore.

also this:

Last edited:

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Didn't really expect a lot from the race - but at the end of the day it went much better than expected.

Was for sure not the fastest AM driver on track - but made very view mistakes. Focusing on just not getting involved in incidents at the beginning was a good strategy as well. P2 my best lap this season.

Reactions: poisike78

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
That was the most painful race of my entire life. Once again the jammiest man in AOR stole 13 points, but those last 20 odd minutes were borderline traumatic.

Congrats to @Rin Hato btw, P14->4 with 0x? Miracles right here.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Who in their right mind thinks it is a good idea to design a double left-hander over a big hill going into an hairpin...

Apart from 3 mistakes in that corner it was a decent race for me on a track I don't really like.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
God freaking damn it, so clooooose ;AAAAAAAAAAAA;. :cry: ;) Nah, jokes, I'm happy actually :p

• Kappa
Reactions: N1kmido

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & 3 Time AOR Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
When you forget to uncheck tyres, realize mid pitstop and try to fix it but end up with only new fronts and tokyo drift your way from P3 to P8 in class...

F.

Congratulations to @N1kmido @Rin Hato and the second biggest sandbagger on the planet @Nayun for their class wins.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: SMEAJ and Nayun

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Looking at my pace during official week, I genuinly thought I'd fight in the second half of the pack tonight... Ferrari around here, in my hands, can be a bit scary in some parts of the track, so not dropping it was my only goal.

Keeping up with Sara was above my skills so I just focused on being gentle with my tires and fuel, which appeared to work pretty well by the end of the race...

Home race next week!! :cool:

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
@Argon @Marvin @Stephan

We had a little scrap with one of my teammates on wether or not Sara started her last flying quali lap in the right time, as she was the only Pro-Am to complete 6 laps I think. She did it at 16:54 so it's OK. But at some point in the argument I came very close to conclude she had not.

I think the minute by minute board can be a bit confusing in some ways.

- Maybe extending the "Finishing laps only" box could be a good idea for visual comprehension. Some would think: "If I have to finish between minutes 17 and 18, at Le Mans my last lap should begin by minute 14." for example...

- I don't know sh*t at how Excel or watherver you use for boards works but would it be possible to show timecode limit (line), rather than period (box)? This is the usual debate when you speak about time: some people will always confuse first minute (0:00 to 0:59) with 1 minute. Yes, people who think 21st century started in 2000, I'm looking at you! :devilish:

It's not a criticism, but I think if we had this disagreament with my mate, it shows others could probably misunderstand how to manage properly their time in qualy ;)

Cheers.

Last edited:

TheIJM

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 3, 2019
A great Q ruined by a mistake and a guy who decided not to brake at turn 3 (it could be the perfect summary to this season hahahaha)

Sgarky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 9, 2018
Did anyone notice @Sgarky pretending to have car issues last night, the lengths you'll go as to not be moved to Pro-Am hey ;)
Lmao i wish that was true, i just couldn't get to grips with that track then i became a rally driver and destroyed my car xd
I still think i'll get moved up to Pro-AM with Alex OwO

Last edited:
  • Friendly
  • Faff
Reactions: Nayun and Hooper

Nilton

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 9, 2019
People make mistakes a'plenty in this race because of the track but still get decent positions. I make exactly 1, hit 2 millimeters of grass and I'm stone-dead last. I don't know anymore.

also this:
Mate I **** my pants there i was so lucky to survive

Reactions: Rienk

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
@Argon @Marvin @Stephan

We had a little scrap with one of my teammates on wether or not Sara started her last flying quali lap in the right time, as she was the only Pro-Am to complete 6 laps I think. She did it at 16:54 so it's OK. But at some point in the argument I came very close to conclude she had not.

I think the minute by minute board can be a bit confusing in some ways.

- Maybe extending the "Finishing laps only" box could be a good idea for visual comprehension. Some would think: "If I have to finish between minutes 17 and 18, at Le Mans my last lap should begin by minute 14." for example...

- I don't know sh*t at how Excel or watherver you use for boards works but would it be possible to show timecode limit (line), rather than period (box)? This is the usual debate when you speak about time: some people will always confuse first minute (0:00 to 0:59) with 1 minute. Yes, people who think 21st century started in 2000, I'm looking at you! :devilish:

It's not a criticism, but I think if we had this disagreament with my mate, it shows others could probably misunderstand how to manage properly their time in qualy ;)

Cheers.
Changing the requirement to "you must finish your last lap by the end of minute 9 or 17" would be a problem for a lot of tracks but certainly for Le Mans, where you would only get one flying lap: an outlap of 4+ mins and lap of 3:45-3:50 leaves no time to finish another lap in the alloted 9mins, and also specifically for Le Mans would mean the Pro class get an extra lap over the other classes because open quali has a time extension at the end.

I think the format is fine as it is now, if you start your last lap with even 1 second remaining there's still no way you can influence the outlap of the next class because you will still be quite far ahead of them.

Reactions: Bucefal