AOR iRacing GTE League Season 8 - Round 6: Philip Island | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR iRacing GTE League Season 8 - Round 6: Philip Island

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Changing the requirement to "you must finish your last lap by the end of minute 9 or 17" would be a problem for a lot of tracks but certainly for Le Mans, where you would only get one flying lap: an outlap of 4+ mins and lap of 3:45-3:50 leaves no time to finish another lap in the alloted 9mins, and also specifically for Le Mans would mean the Pro class get an extra lap over the other classes because open quali has a time extension at the end.

I think the format is fine as it is now, if you start your last lap with even 1 second remaining there's still no way you can influence the outlap of the next class because you will still be quite far ahead of them.
Agree. I'm just saying it might not be visually super clear looking at the board when is the actual deadline when you can cross the line to start your last flying lap ;)

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Agree. I'm just saying it might not be visually super clear looking at the board when is the actual deadline when you can cross the line to start your last flying lap ;)
It's definitely gotten a lot easier to figure out now that the table has the session elapsed time and time remaining displayed in the blackbox labels.